Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 12:33 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson60 View Post
If Obama were white, I guarantee you McCain would win this election hands down!
OK, I'm calling your bluff. Back up your big words with some evidence. Or else...

Quote:
He (Obama) has done a great job selling to a lot of white people that he will make some changes, and a few have bought into it. But it is most certainly, the Black vote that will put him over the top this time. I know without any doubt, there are MORE Black people voting for Obama just because he's black, then there are White people that vote for McCain just because Obama is Black!
Prove it.

Quote:
And the really sad thing is, not only have the majority of these Black Voters NEVER Voted... they have no idea, other than Obama is Black, why they will do it this time. After you listen to the interviews made in Harlem by Howard Sterns guy, that the majority of them cant even read! Oh, but thats the Republicans Fault we have so many Black people that cant read, right? That explains why they (the Blacks) will buy into this crap, and the only excuse for the white people that believe it, is that they believe everything Hollywood tells them and aren't capable of thinking for themselves! Obama will probably win, but you idiots will be very ashamed of your choice, trust me. by the way, before you start, I'm not a republican, I didn't Vote for Bush, I believe you Vote for the man that has earned this privilege, Obama hasn't even come close! McCain is, and has been serving this country his entire life, Obama served this country for less than a few hundred days and decided he's run for President, he's nothing but a professional liar!

You're full of sour brown stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2008, 12:35 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,448,256 times
Quote:
Racist? not hardly, I am African American... but thanks for trying. I speek the truth even when it's painful to do so. Unlike Obama!
Gee, was I speaking about you? How could you tell?

BTW, the idea that if you're African-American you can't be a racist is, itself, racist ... but thanks for trying.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:20 PM

438 posts, read 503,327 times
Quote:
No... Overwhelmingly, the African Americans haven't Voted at all! sad but true. I think there should be a little questionnaire every American has to take walking into the polls to qualify them. Maybe like 5 questions, just so we know they not only can read, but understand who they are voting for, and why... This wont be the first guy elected for the wrong reason, but it will be the most devastating to this country!
My post was talking about the African Americans who did vote, of these the overwhelming majority vote Democrat.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:05 AM

3 posts, read 3,301 times
Thumbs down I for one am not stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by camden northsider View Post
because they're smart, anyone in this country would be stupid not to vote for obama.
i dont think being stupid consists of not voting for obama. The thing that is stupid is voting for him with not enough knowledge of who the f*** he is. Also with a wife that wrote herself that when she had the authority she would help the black community. Ive been at work for 2 hours now and not on person has said anything about the election, guarenteed over 80% at my job voted for him, why because hes black. Wonder why this year older blacks that have never voted before in their life all of a sudden decided to vote. Why this year in 2008 was the biggest turn out for black voters. Its not stupid, its a given. They would have voted for any black guy that was running.....i dont care if anyone else says different.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:23 AM

42 posts, read 136,256 times
African Americans voted for obama because he is black. They failed to check his background, years of service, accomplishments, or his stand on the issues. They did not check anything. Just voted with there emotions. The election was rigged by Obama. Acorn... He paid for all those false ballots. I demand a recount. I also demand he show his birth certificate and any other records he has. People we need to start getting more involved in Government on all levels. Start taking courses on how Government works and why it works. Attend city council meetings, and other publicly held meetings available to you. We must stop the corruption and abuse of power. As "One Nation Under God With Liberty And Justice For All" we can make a difference. Obama is not ready to be President. The African American community will be the first to suffer. Then he will go after the wealthy, then the middle class. Get involved today. My father always read the paper in the evenings to keep up-to-date on the news. We were taught to read, write, and understand how the world works. Many of my family members are doctors, lawyers, teachers, administrators, professors, and i will attain to be a Business Manager. It is ashamed how African Americans are not teaching their children to speak properly. There are other things African Americans are not teaching their children. Too many to name. African Americans teach your children more than, black pride, and how to fight. Teach them respect, dignity, manners, speech, the history of American and how it works. We are still behind the times.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:47 AM

42 posts, read 136,256 times
Over 60% of African Americans are collecting some type of Government benefit in America. It is sad but true.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:33 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers115 View Post
Im white, im voting for obama....i do think he will have trouble getting some white male votes in a lot of places....but i dont really understand how anyone could vote for Mccain after the past 8 years.

Heres a good ?...If 90 percent of blacks vote democrat, why does the deep south (more blacks than whites) always go republican?
There are a lot of blacks in the South, but they are clearly the minority in every Southern state. Many of them moved to large Northern cities (Chicago, detroit, etc.) in the 1930's and 40's.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:37 AM

136 posts, read 548,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChicago View Post
Black people well most black people vote for obama because he black
Everyone I heard was voting for him based on color. They couldn't tell me one good reason to vote for him, other than they were excited about the possibility of a black president.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:41 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda88 View Post
Over 60% of African Americans are collecting some type of Government benefit in America. It is sad but true.
Did you pull that number out of thin air or some lower part of your anatomy?

Old 11-05-2008, 10:15 AM
NWS

720 posts, read 1,645,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california5 View Post
Everyone I heard was voting for him based on color. They couldn't tell me one good reason to vote for him, other than they were excited about the possibility of a black president.
Was there one good reason for an African American to vote for McCain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections