Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 05:19 PM

9,361 posts, read 14,303,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

What I got out of all that is you favor style over substance, so that's why you vote Republican. Your ideology ... "elitist"
Again, out of touch.

I am mainly interested in one substantive issue, economic policy - concerning which none of the candidates on either ticket offers anything of substance - personally I ignore the red herring issues though I recognize that they have significant impact, I have never voted republican, I have no ideology (except production - consumption = saving + investment), and I never wrote anything about elitist.

Again, out of touch.

Obama has a 50-50 chance of winning this election, the surprise - and disappointment really - is that the democrats are not running away with it, and this says as much about the character of the democrats as it does about the several disasters that the Bush administration has cursed this country with.

Shame on them both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 05:23 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,948 times
No, I do not think it was his biggest mistakes, I just think it was very telling about his lack of courage. It would have taken courage to pick Clinton. Obama has about enough courage as a wet sack. It also showed again his deceit, he had acted like she was at least on the list. If he was going to pull that, he should have been man enough to say so.
Personally,I would not have voted for him anyway, because he is such a jack ass.
Biden does nothing for him, but he is just one of many mistakes.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:16 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,793,617 times
Biden was a terrific choice. He is a knowledgeable guy who could embarass McCain and Palin combined in the Foreign Policy arena, the pretty view of Russia from Palin's back yard notwithstanding. He complements Obama nicely on the ticket. Obama also has several of Hillary's experienced people working for him.

People who think that Obama should have all inexperienced people surrounding him are morons. I bet he will throw Hillary a bone after the election. Make her ambassador of Spain or something.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:19 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,551,675 times
Where Hillary goes, Bill goes. And that's just one reason why Hillary is not Obama's running mate.

That, and she's too proud to take second fiddle when she thought she had the Dem nomination in the bag nine months ago.

Can we get over this already?

I'm no fan of Biden, but he looks like a masterful choice compared to McCain's. Then again, Palin has accomplished what she was brought there to do - the sheep have all been herded to pasture now.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:43 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,514,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post

Obama has a 50-50 chance of winning this election, the surprise - and disappointment really - is that the democrats are not running away with it, and this says as much about the character of the democrats as it does about the several disasters that the Bush administration has cursed this country with.

Shame on them both.
It also says alot about the stupidity of Americans. They voted for George W. Bush in 2000 and voted to reelect him in 2004 and now support McCain to an almost equal margin.

Stupid is as stupid does said Forrest Gump, and he was right on the money.

Shame on these people for ignoring the issues and giving in to racism, fear, and ignorance

Old 09-21-2008, 06:48 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,551,675 times
America. We're not all stupid, just 50 percent.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:53 PM

525 posts, read 1,851,425 times
I don't think Biden was his worst mistake...actually it was not bad. I think he has made worse mistakes like going to Europe acting presidential (wtf?), saying stupid things like those poor bitter people who cling to guns and religion...dumb, dumb, dumb!!, or denying ever hearing those crazy things that Reverand Wright was spewing...even though he attended that church for how many years again?

Old 09-21-2008, 06:57 PM

316 posts, read 596,090 times
Nope-
Beating Hillary was!

Old 09-21-2008, 07:09 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,216,697 times
allsI can say is that it most definetly cost him any chance of gaining my vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections