Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 05:57 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,646 times

Advertisements

Years from now, if your children or grandchildren ask if you voted for McCain, Bush, Palin and the Republican party that almost collapsed the U.S. economy, made Americans foreclose their homes, made gas prices rise to over $4/gallon, made American families lose their life earnings in the stock market, made banks go out of business and started the Iraq war; will you be honest and tell them the truth or will you lie and say that you were a Democrat at the time?

Last edited by dorado0359; 09-21-2008 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: e
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 05:58 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,316,060 times
I will tell them that I voted for the party of Lincoln and Reagan.
The party that in the end wants smaller government and lower taxes.

Will you tell them you voted for the party that did not want to free the slaves or have civil rights?
The party that did not have the courage to defeat communism in Russia, and the party that ended up creating 3 generations of dependent people of the state (Johnson's Great Society)?

I am not a Bush fan by any means, but IMHO the alternative is much worse.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:00 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,586,415 times
Lincoln was a liberal. He would not be a Republican today.

As far as the OP's question, people will lie and say they voted for Obama, even though they voted for McSame.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post

As far as the OP's question, people will lie and say they voted for Obama, even though they voted for McSame.
And Jesus was a community organizer.
Thank-you...

Old 09-21-2008, 06:05 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
If we have another 8 years of these policies, our grandchildren and great grandchildren will be asking; "What was in like when the U.S. was a country?"

Old 09-21-2008, 06:07 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post

Agree. Today's Republican party is not the Republican party of the Lincoln or Civil war period. Therefore, Republicans...please stop fooling yourselves.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:09 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
I will tell them that I voted for the party of Lincoln and Reagan.
The party that in the end wants smaller government and lower taxes.

Will you tell them you voted for the party that did not want to free the slaves or have civil rights?
The party that did not have the courage to defeat communism in Russia, and the party that ended up creating 3 generations of dependent people of the state (Johnson's Great Society)?

I am not a Bush fan by any means, but IMHO the alternative is much worse.
Quick history lesson: In the 19th century, the Republicans were the "liberal" party, and the Democrats were the "conservative" party. That changed with the rise of the labor movement and industrial wealth--at which point, the Republicans turned "conservative," and the Democrats turned "liberal." So no, the Republican party today is definitively NOT the "party of Lincoln." Sorry.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:11 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Right. So Please give the Republicans a total break so they can regroup and rethink by voting them out of the White House in November. It's the only way to get the American Republican Party back. It's the right and responsible thing to do as an American citizen.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:14 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,715,978 times
I'll proudly tell them that I didn't vote for either of the two parties responsible for the demise of the country formerly known as the United States of America.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Quick history lesson: In the 19th century, the Republicans were the "liberal" party, and the Democrats were the "conservative" party. That changed with the rise of the labor movement and industrial wealth--at which point, the Republicans turned "conservative," and the Democrats turned "liberal." So no, the Republican party today is definitively NOT the "party of Lincoln." Sorry.
As a history minor decades ago, I do appreciate your post.
But do keep spinning.

Last edited by mullman; 09-21-2008 at 06:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections