Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 08:35 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,575,823 times

Advertisements

Anyone remember them???? Funny, the government didn't come to their rescue, they let the free market abide and they, and their criminal leadership, went bye-bye and their leadership is in jail. But this was on the backs of the workers who, in Enron's case, lost everything for the greed of the big cats. Now, we have socialized 3 financial services companies and it's the entire taxpayer base that is going to have to bear the brunt of their greed .. and nobody will go to jail.

It's such a shame, for the past 8 years, the oil guys have been in charge of this country, but yet people don't understand why gas prices are so high.

Paulson used to be the CEO of Goldman Sachs ... hmmmm

Bernanke ... CEO of Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette ... another big I Bank .. hmm

Chris Cox ... well, he's been kept in the dark about this whole debacle. He's the Colin Powell of this whole operation.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...NZw&refer=home

It's too bad that Enron started during the Clinton administration and not during the Bush administration, Wonderboy would have been better able to take care of his late great Kenny Boy.

This conspiracy theory laden thread is brought to you by me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 08:43 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,076,690 times
It drives me absolutely nuts that the same senate and congress that allowed themselves to be lied into the Iraq War and giving Bush extraordinary powers to prosecute that war are now being rushed at lightening speed into turning over the keys to the Treasury to Paulson and giving him extraordinary powers to "save Wall Street." I guess they have forgotten the old saying; "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." I can't decide if they are stupid or corrupt.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
It drives me absolutely nuts that the same senate and congress that allowed themselves to be lied into the Iraq War and giving Bush extraordinary powers to prosecute that war are now being rushed at lightening speed into turning over the keys to the Treasury to Paulson and giving him extraordinary powers to "save Wall Street." I guess they have forgotten the old saying; "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." I can't decide if they are stupid or corrupt.
But in Wonderboy's "persecute the short traders" time, we had this:

YouTube - President Bush -- Fool me Once

Yea, the entire leadership structure in this country is kaput.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:53 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,781,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post

Yea, the entire leadership structure in this country is kaput.
Gee, I've been saying that for years

Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugdogmaster View Post
Gee, I've been saying that for years
Come and have a drink with me my friend ... new pitcher of martinis, up!

Old 09-22-2008, 09:16 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,531,729 times
What happened to Arthur Anderson was travesty from what I remember. Thousands of accountants who are actually part of the "checks and balances" eliminated and they weren't even culpable.

Last edited by walidm; 09-22-2008 at 10:25 AM..

Old 09-22-2008, 09:21 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,076,690 times
You know, we look at those clips of him and can laugh...until we remember that the people of this great country elected him TWICE. Now the first time you can sort of excuse. Times were good. We were at peace. Had a surplus in the bank. Everyone that wanted a job had a job. And so maybe we just weren't paying that much attention at election time. Plus you had those pesky chads on the ballots in FL and the Supreme Court figuring that they could decide our elections better than we could. But to elect him the SECOND TIME????????????? C'mon. No one would do that, would they? Well, yeah, they did. And it looks like those same people may be fixin' to do it again. Cause no one better kid themselves that McCain/Palin are any different. Good grief. Is it something in the water? How did we become so careless with our country?

Old 09-22-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
What happened to Arthur Anderson a travesty from what I remember. Thousands of accountants who are actually part of the "checks and balances" eliminated and they weren't even culpable.
Arthur Andersen were the auditors for Enron & Worldcom. They signed off on the cooked books. Now granted, the entirety of AA accountants were not responsible, but the sins of the few ... it's just sad. Chicago is still feeling it.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You know, we look at those clips of him and can laugh...until we remember that the people of this great country elected him TWICE. Now the first time you can sort of excuse. Times were good. We were at peace. Had a surplus in the bank. Everyone that wanted a job had a job. And so maybe we just weren't paying that much attention at election time. Plus you had those pesky chads on the ballots in FL and the Supreme Court figuring that they could decide our elections better than we could. But to elect him the SECOND TIME????????????? C'mon. No one would do that, would they? Well, yeah, they did. And it looks like those same people may be fixin' to do it again. Cause no one better kid themselves that McCain/Palin are any different. Good grief. Is it something in the water? How did we become so careless with our country?

It's America! We're a care-free, careless country

Old 09-22-2008, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Come and have a drink with me my friend ... new pitcher of martinis, up!
Eh, can I just have a beer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections