Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 04:18 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,263 times

Advertisements

Obama cannot make a decision, that is why he has voted "present" so many times.
Imagine this - North Korea or Iran launches a nuclear missle straight towards New York City. Obama finds out, his answer?

"I'll think about it for a couple days, then I'll decide what to do"

A couple days later, we're gone. You have to make a decision!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 04:20 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
It is very true, he becomes angry quickly, there is no gray area with him. People can and will believe what they want. In the 24 hours I have been on this board, I have been personally attacked more than once, I think it must be thing the Democrats like to do.
My husband and I are very politically involved in Illinois and have worked with both Democrats and Republicans on funding issues. Just a small aside, people who are Obama supporters do not have much to base their choice of him as their candidate, other than they don't like GWB. Well, I don't like Bush and never voted for him, but I cannot in good conscience vote for a man who has a very thin resume and is a part of the corrupt Chicago and Illinois political machine.
I know someone who has known Obama for 25 years, and is in fact still a close friend. What you say is B.S. Even if it were true, it would be meaningless, since you're ready to vote for a man who is WIDELY known to EXPLODE on a REGULAR basis. And please: "corrupt"??? Get real. You might be able to fool some people, but there are others of us who know the truth. Your accusations are nothing more than typical neo-con mud-slinging. You don't like Obama because he's black. It's that simple, no matter how you try to dress it up.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:24 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
How absurd. And how utterly childish to expect a candidate to immediately offer a solution to the biggest economic crisis in decades in this country. The problem with Republicans is that they want a daddy, not a President.
It's not a Republican problem at all. At the present time, he has a hundred different advisors writing his every line, wouldn't you think one of them would be capable of fashioning a statement?
Americans would like to believe that the person representing our country can actually take a stand and stick by it - not wait until the others' votes are counted and then change his to reflect the popular opinion of the group. (Check out his 6 "I pushed the wrong button" mistakes in the Illinois senate.) Barack Obama - not qualified to lead, he demonstrates it almost daily - this is only the campaign, imagine what his response or lack of a response might be in a crisis situation.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:29 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,263 times
Quote:
How absurd. And how utterly childish to expect a candidate to immediately offer a solution to the biggest economic crisis in decades in this country. The problem with Republicans is that they want a daddy, not a President.
You want to talk about absurd?

Do you want a man who's present controlling our country if terrorists are flying planes into buildings?

Do you want a man who's present controlling our country if a nuclear bomb is heading straight towards us?

Do you want a man who's present controlling a financial crisis if he can't decide what to do at the time it counts? Give the man a dollar and he'll take weeks to figure out four quarters is the same thing.

Honestly - how do you go to sleep at night thinking this clown is the right choice????

Old 09-22-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
I know someone who has known Obama for 25 years, and is in fact still a close friend. What you say is B.S. Even if it were true, it would be meaningless, since you're ready to vote for a man who is WIDELY known to EXPLODE on a REGULAR basis. And please: "corrupt"??? Get real. You might be able to fool some people, but there are others of us who know the truth. Your accusations are nothing more than typical neo-con mud-slinging. You don't like Obama because he's black. It's that simple, no matter how you try to dress it up.
Your opinion of me does not matter at all, your name-calling and accusations don't intimidate, either. I just demonstrates the quality of your character.
And once again, you do not know my ethnicity, so I would be a bit more careful if I were you.
This is not a pissing contest, I don't care if you know someone who knows someone who knew Obama for 25 years. I am speaking from my own experiences because someone questioned my credibility, simple as that.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:40 PM

835 posts, read 1,322,209 times
20 years later nobody knows who dukakis is....I don't think it will take as long for America to forget obamanation....I'm guessing 10 years and he is washed up! Obamanation is too full of himself and to much of an idiot!

Old 09-22-2008, 04:43 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
20 years later nobody knows who dukakis is....I don't think it will take as long for America to forget obamanation....I'm guessing 10 years and he is washed up! Obamanation is too full of himself and to much of an idiot!
Ah -- but for all his liabilities, Obama will win.

The GOP was out of viable candidates (Romney? Giuliani? Thompson? --- don't make me laugh) and have forfeited their leadership role.

The election of Obama will be laid squarely at the feet of the GOP -- which is where it belongs.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:50 PM

Quote:
It's not a Republican problem at all. At the present time, he has a hundred different advisors writing his every line, wouldn't you think one of them would be capable of fashioning a statement?
Americans would like to believe that the person representing our country can actually take a stand and stick by it - not wait until the others' votes are counted and then change his to reflect the popular opinion of the group. (Check out his 6 "I pushed the wrong button" mistakes in the Illinois senate.) Barack Obama - not qualified to lead, he demonstrates it almost daily - this is only the campaign, imagine what his response or lack of a response might be in a crisis situation.
It's absolutely a Republican problem. It's ludicrous to expect Obama--or any intelligent human being running for the Presidency--to immediately come up with a solution to a deeply complex economic problem. Further, it's not his position to respond to the crisis, since he's not the President. It would be HIGHLY disprespectful for him to do so--which is why he deferred to those CURRENTLY in charge. Therefore, he did fashion a statement--the appropriately respectful one--and when he takes a stand he does stick by it, unless new information causes him to reconsider. It's called being intellectually FLEXIBLE, which is how INTELLIGENT people think. John McCain coming up with some inane statements that mean absolutely nothing is pure B.S.

People who want someone to shoot from the hip, without knowing all the facts, are--like I said--looking for a Daddy, not a President. They want to "feel" better and be made to "feel" secure, rather than have a leader who considers the issues in order to arrive at a decision that actually make the country secure. That's justifiable for a child, but for grown people, it's pathetic.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Ah -- but for all his liabilities, Obama will win.

The GOP was out of viable candidates (Romney? Giuliani? Thompson? --- don't make me laugh) and have forfeited their leadership role.

The election of Obama will be laid squarely at the feet of the GOP -- which is where it belongs.
The problem for the Republicans was the many did not want to come forward and run following 8 years of the Bush administraton, but I am not ready to give up yet. I have great faith in the Democrats for McCain!I believe he will surround himself with the brightest and the best of both parties. I do not see that happening with Obama.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Your opinion of me does not matter at all, your name-calling and accusations don't intimidate, either. I just demonstrates the quality of your character.
And once again, you do not know my ethnicity, so I would be a bit more careful if I were you.
This is not a pissing contest, I don't care if you know someone who knows someone who knew Obama for 25 years. I am speaking from my own experiences because someone questioned my credibility, simple as that.
I don't care what your ethnicity is, so I don't know why I should be more "careful." What does your "ethnicity" have to do with anything? You think McCain should air racist ads about Obama's pastor, but I bet you'd be screaming your lungs out if Obama aired ads about Palin's witch hunter and her church.

I absolutely question your credibility. People--including me--can claim to be or know anyone they choose--it's the friggin' internet, for chrissakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections