Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 08:57 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,120,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Just look at the polls
Poll shows McCain in 5-point lead over Obama | Politics | Reuters
5% that is being crushed
Why did you post a link to a poll that is almost 2 months old??????
Geez, you repub's are getting more and more desperate....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 09:11 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Perhaps because Palin personifies women's rights, rather than blathering about them...?
She personifies my rights to what? Shoot semi automatic assualt weapons?

Old 09-22-2008, 09:20 PM

726 posts, read 2,268,525 times
Interesting. The polls really shift a lot.
As of now, it says Obama is in the lead in FL. (The battleground)
He's not that far ahead, but I only hope for the best.

Old 09-22-2008, 09:53 PM

300 posts, read 1,210,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Perhaps because Palin personifies women's rights, rather than blathering about them...?
How does handing control over your own body to the government personify human rights much less women's rights?

Palin has hardly worked for where she's at. If she were a man, you can bet that there's zero chance McCain would have picked Palin. There are plenty of male VP picks that think like Palin does with much more experience to boot.

Treating people (favorably or unfavorably) based on their reproductive organs is about as effective a means of promoting women's rights as voting for McCain is supporting equal rights because he's not black. It makes zero sense.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:45 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,700,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
Tuborg is the farthest thing from a Republican. He is a hardcore liberal, my friend.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:51 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
You can post the poll you want and we can post the poll we want.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:53 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
There is no one who knows me who considers me a liberal by any stretch. Are there no liberal Republicans or Conservative Democrats? How are people on here defining political affiliation? Us against them. I voted Republican the last two presidential elections. what else about people are harbored in the stereotypes in peoples minds around here?

Old 09-23-2008, 01:25 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Default Ok, slow down a little !!!

Dear Obama/Biden supporters, I can see that you are very excited about your candidates. I don't know the reason for your zeal but I'm sure you have a strong personal attachment to the Obama campaign that goes to the very person you are. That is why I'm recommending that you slow down a little and take it all with a grain of salt. I've been through this too many times (going back to the Carter/Reagan contest) to believe too much of the spin that is going on right now. For as long as I can remember, both parties have exadurated alleged shortcomings and character flaws of their opponents while billing themselves as superheros, but at the end of the day the voting public generally sees through the smoke. For example, John McCain is presently being portrayed by the Obama folks as an on-the-take-Washington insider completely out of touch with average computer-literate Americans like us But the truth is he has been ahead of the curve on today's issues by years (thank the biased media for their silence!). Informed voters already know that McCain co-sponsored Senate Bill S.190 in 2005 because he understood then that the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac hens would some day come home to roost. Last week they did. But you can't blame McCain for at least trying to head off this catastrophy. Who then should we blame? OK, How about Senator Dodd? He, over a 19yr period, received more money from Freddie and Fannie than any other lawmaker. So what's the problem? He heads the Senate Banking Commitee and killed Senate Bill S.190. And who, over a four period, was the number two recipient of Freddie and Fannie fun funds? Who was his partner in crime (so to speak)? Give up? Why it's your superhero Obama! You know the one who respects women so much that he ignored their will and passed over Senator Clinton. Perhaps his choice would have been different if he wern't using Jim Johnson (Fannie Mae CEO) to vette his potential running mates. Well women will be paying for his GSE bailout right alongside men. I guess he really does believe in equal opportunity after all! The truth is McCain has been a real pain in the posterior for Democrats and Republican alike for a long time. It's not complicated, if your on the take and sticking it to America, your on John McCain's s**t list. OK, so what about Sarah? Is his choice of VP candidate simply crass pandering? Since I mentor my 16yr-old neice and her two 9yr-old twin sisters admonishing them that nothing they wish to do is off the table, from where I'm sitting, actions speak louder that words. How can I tell them to work as hard as they can in school because anything is possible for them if I'm not convinced that that everything truly is possible? Talk is cheap. It's about putting-up or shutting-up. Sexism is about your actions, not your words. For me this means, having encouraged the 16yr-old to become a daul enrolled college student, on Fridays I pick her up from her H.S. , buy her lunch which she eats in the truck on the way to her college class, check to see if she needs anything or if she is having any difficulties before I drop her at the door. I can't have her being concerned about anything exept school. She needs to maintain a 3.5 GPA at her H.S. to continue dual enrollment. It's a tall order for such a young person, but she does it and is very excited. She sees the accomplishments of Gov. Palin and knows her hard work will be rewarded. That's real!

Last edited by momonkey; 09-23-2008 at 02:20 AM..

Old 10-07-2008, 06:07 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Of course! Obama/Biden support women's rights..why wouldn't women flock to them??

Looks like Economic issues may be another strong suit for Women as this Election continues forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections