Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 04:58 PM

1,044 posts, read 1,953,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Unlike Hillary, who possesses only the latter qualification.

And has you all going ga-ga.
And then there are those who only see the beauty of dear Sarah, brushing aside any possibility that there might just be some real ugliness lying right beneath the surface.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 04:58 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Hillary actually has a brain..........
So does Palin. And Palin has a faithful husband as well.

That must rankle.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLL98 View Post
And then there are those who only see the beauty of dear Sarah, brushing aside any possibility that there might just be some real ugliness lying right beneath the surface.
Not to mention those who brood endlessly on ugliness, brushing aside the possibility that an outdoorswoman from the west might actually be possessed of merit.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:05 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Because most guys are even dumber

As the OP has so clearly stated, they are easily dazzled by her sparkling eyes and killer smile (among other things), so it's not surprising that she has done pretty well for herself. She is a dangerous combination of very attractive and very ambitious.
Besides being smart, a Christian, and a real person. That's why you really feel threatened.

Sarah Palin embodies everything that is American. She is the "real deal". That's why the liberals hate her.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Not to mention those who brood endlessly on ugliness, brushing aside the possibility that an outdoorswoman from the west might actually be possessed of merit.
I have been told that the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle. I'm sure she is a lovely governor, I've heard they are all getting big $ this year thanks to her, maybe all of those lucky Alaskans can donate their checks to our big Wall St charity fund.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
I have been told that the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle. I'm sure she is a lovely governor, I've heard they are all getting big $ this year thanks to her, maybe all of those lucky Alaskans can donate their checks to our big Wall St charity fund.
Jealousy is never pretty.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:14 PM

145 posts, read 247,220 times
Quote:
Unlike Hillary, who possesses only the latter qualification.

And has you all going ga-ga.
"And has you all going ga-ga"?

You're thinking has become so polarized you mistakenly assume that anyone who criticizes Palin automatically supports Hillary. Such a myopic black & white viewpoint is the very definition of the word 'extremism'.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Besides being smart, a Christian, and a real person. That's why you really feel threatened.

Sarah Palin embodies everything that is American. She is the "real deal". That's why the liberals hate her.
The great thing about this country is that she doesn't embody America anymore or less than you or I.

And yes she certainly is real. Not sure why that has suddenly become a qualification for higher office.

We've got a lot of stuff going on right now (war, recession, healthcare, energy, unemloyment) I don't think that electing someone who is "keepin it real" should be our number #1 priority.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Jealousy is never pretty.
Jealous? No way. I get to sunbathe in January.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:26 PM

145 posts, read 247,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't think anyone mentioned feeling 'threatened ' by Palin.

At least not until you mentioned she's a Christian, which probably means that we can expect God to soon be receiving a generous new influx of recently deceased 'heathen' souls.

Yahooooooooo!.

(Please God, swallow Alaska in Your Holy Wrath!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections