Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2008, 07:54 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,684,873 times

Advertisements

When will these two ever stop, both of these candidates (Obama/Biden ) seem to have been born to lie all the time.

This time he got caught and no one is covering it.

Hey Joe, when you lie make sure there are no other people around to make you look like a fool (John Kerry).

Biden Misleads That Al Qaeda Forced His Helicopter Down in Afghanistan... Where is Media Exposing This Lie? | NewsBusters.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 07:58 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Ha!

(laughing at you, smd)

Old 09-22-2008, 08:01 PM

2,358 posts, read 5,982,335 times
Excerpt from your link: "The superhighway of terror between Pakistan and Afghanistan where my helicopter was forced down...John McCain wants to know where Bin Ladin and the gates of Hell are? I can tell him where. That's where Al Quaida is. That's where Bin Ladin is. It's not in the country of Iraq."

See those three dots up there? That means something has been left out. Perhaps the words "by blinding snow" were left out. I don't know personally if this could be what was missing, but whenever you see those dots, it means something has been omitted. And, while I can't say for sure what is missing from the quote, neither can anybody else.

From a guide on how to deal with quotes, quotations : Philosophy : University of Sussex (http://www.sussex.ac.uk/philosophy/1-3-12-7.html - broken link) : If you want to miss out any material from the original, or finish the quotation before the end of a sentence in the original, place three dots (with a space before and after) in the location of the omitted material.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:10 PM

163 posts, read 237,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
When will these two ever stop, both of these candidates (Obama/Biden ) seem to have been born to lie all the time.

This time he got caught and no one is covering it.

Hey Joe, when you lie make sure there are no other people around to make you look like a fool (John Kerry).

Biden Misleads That Al Qaeda Forced His Helicopter Down in Afghanistan... Where is Media Exposing This Lie? | NewsBusters.org

What makes you call Senator Biden "dirty"? Can you pls explain?

Old 09-22-2008, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsaksena View Post
What makes you call Senator Biden "dirty"? Can you pls explain?
Would slick be a better word? He reminds me of Harry Reid, who plays dirty no matter what the circumstance.

And he loves to play dirty.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:51 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,191,553 times
Okay, here's what a person from his own home state of Delaware thinks about Joe Biden. I wrote him and asked if I could post this and he said, sure, that he'd like to get the truth out about his senator. All in all, Joe Biden seems like one of the 'good guys'. We'd be lucky to have him sitting in the VP chair!

Here's the quote...
09-19-2008, 02:28 PM
[SIZE=5]Joe84323[/SIZE]

119 posts, read 46,807 times

I met him as a kid, and my mother was his back yard neighbor in the late '50s.

A ton of people I know know him pretty well, and say he is a very nice, down to earth guy. Apparently he tips well, and he goes to St. Ann's Catholic church every Sunday he can make it, and stands in the back. Some people say he is not the same as he was before the anneurisms he had in the '80s, but others totally deny this.

He frequently goes to parish festivals with his family, especially St. Anthony's Italian Festival, and has been very involved with his old community in Claymont up by 495, which fell to crap after the '70s, and had to be torn down after basically turning into a trashy ghetto.

From his financial records, he is not worth a lot of money, but his property in Greenville has to easily top 1.5Mil, if not more. He lives on Barley Mill road. He will say he lives in Wilmington, but he clearly lives in Greenville... but that is splitting hairs, since his mailing address can be either Greenville, DE 19807 or Wilmington, De 19807.

Back in the 70s, he chased a mugger down in Wilmington, and made him drop a woman's purse before he returned it to her. He also is very in-tune with the crime in the area which probably influenced his crime bill he passed in the Senate.

He's very much responsible for Delaware's strong economy, as the Wilmington-Newark Metropolitan area was ranked as the most economically fit metro area in the United States a couple years ago because of the plethora of high-paying jobs as compared to the low cost of living, and low taxes in the area.

From what I've heard, his mother is somewhat senile, so they supervise her on a house on his own property in Greenville. His wife teaches (or taught,) at Deltech Stanton, and is pretty tough on her students.

He's good people.

Although, I saw his son on Jay Leno for the first time the other night, and he seems like quite a dull boy.

Edit:
Everything is pretty much hard fact except for my speculation of his property value, and what people told me about his change after he had his series of anneurisms 20 years ago. I don't believe he's in any poorer condition than he might have been before, besides being 20 years older.

Last edited by SarahSal; 09-22-2008 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: clarify

Old 09-22-2008, 08:57 PM

To bad he has not carried this over into his political career.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:59 PM

177 posts, read 261,364 times
I feel he stretches the truth the same way McCain and Sarah Palin do. Maybe ole Joe, has the need to keep up with his opponents. So for every 3 lies that come out of their mouths, 1 comes out of his.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:02 PM

He did it again today, he said his helicopter was forced down in the mountains.
This even after he has been called on for this he still goes out and lies about it.
The guy if like a gaffe and lying machine.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:47 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
This attempt to call Biden a "liar" only reveals the desperation of the right in trying to find something, ANYTHING to stick on these guys. Nothing does, however. And I do mean nothing, cause this is, quite simply, not a lie.

"Forced down" means emergency landing. As someone who worked on Army helicopters for 6 years the proper term would have been emergency landing, but so friggin what? "Forced down" means it had mechanical issues. That they did not arise of enemy fire does not mean anyone was trying to mislead anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections