Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2008, 02:18 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
Yeah the "Palin Garbage fest" is deading in a month from her being relative no one on the nation stage.

But the "Obama Garbage Fest" is still going a couple of years after it started.

No. Pretty much everything "out there" now has been "out there" for a long long time... but the media hasn't reported on every half truth and garbage rumor as if it was real news.

Is Obama a Muslim? Nobody believes that, because we all know he's a member of the First Church of God Damn America (a Christian denomination).

Everything else - from Ayres, to his associations with assorted pieces of scum like Rezko, Auchi, Farakkhan, Ayres, Odinga.... that's not "made up" stuff. It's all well documented, but ignored.

If Obama were Colin Powell, nobody would question his patriotism. Powell was once the highest rated and most admired American politician. If Obama weren't such a hedging, mealy-mouthed twerp who ALWAYS sounds like a lawyer speaking out of both sides of his mouth...... people might not have such a visceral response to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 02:22 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,588 times
I'm not voting for Obama but I would certainly have a beer with him. Heck, if he does become President, I actually hope I vote for him the 2nd time. That would mean he did a pretty good job.

Regardless of who wins, they get a clean slate in my book and I hope they become the best President ever.

As for blacks voting for Obama, well, 90% of blacks are Democrats so it would make sense. I don't think it's really racism. In fact, I was surprised at the reception McCain got speaking at the NAACP a few weeks ago. At least they listened to him even though they are voting for Obama.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:23 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Is Obama a Muslim? Nobody believes that, because we all know he's a member of the First Church of God Damn America (a Christian denomination).

Might want to look at this...

Poll: 1 in 10 think Obama is Muslim - USATODAY.com

Old 09-23-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:

It's a reasonable assumption for most people who do not follow the election to make, when hearing a man is named "Barack Hussein Obama."

Nonetheless, are youa ctually trying to argue, with a straight face, that anyone who WOULD NOT vote for a Muslim... was going to vote Democratic in the first place? That if it were John Edwards, he'd get that 10% who a) think Obama is a Muslim, and b) wouldn't vote for him because he's a Muslim?

Old 09-23-2008, 02:27 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
But most of the thing that people use to besmirch his reputation are 1/2 truths or full lies.

But they are believed because he is different enough for people to make things up.
Most people aren't using things to besmirch Obama.
The average voter believes these things because of Obama's shady past, shady associations and past lies by the spinmaster himself. If Obama wants people to not believe these things, he has to work much harder to clean up his pathetic reputation (ie: lie even more).

Obama is a sham and everyone knew it from the start.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:27 PM

281 posts, read 380,929 times
Now this is a clear cut racist post. This should be deleted. You should know more than the lies you type.

That's your motivation for being here, to spread your hate and lies towards African Americans.

Fake, phony, and weak are a few words that come to mind when I read over your posts, eating African American's food, but despising them as a people. If you were face to face with an African American having this discussion, I'm sure you would be extremely subtle and probably polite.

I comprehend well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsOfGold View Post
Yo, Elwood, they are AMERICANS that happen to be black with African ancestry. They are NOT the hyphenated Jesse invented BS that you might like to claim but that's another matter.

What am I suppose to know about them, they eat, breathe, die and bleed red blood? Mod cut-derogatory

Dumbo HIMSELF claimed he liked the snow, look it up..I think you can I think you can............

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 09-23-2008 at 04:19 PM..

Old 09-23-2008, 02:31 PM

281 posts, read 380,929 times
Why are some Caucasian white men and women intimidated by the fact or possibility that a African American man (OBAMA) may become president ?

Old 09-23-2008, 02:31 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
There's no Present Vote in the US Senate. Do you understand how the US Government works?
There is a "present" vote in the IL state senate. That is how Obama voted almost every single time (131+ "present votes").

When you are President, you cannot vote "present". It is "yes or no". And you only have a few mins to make terrorism/national defense decisions. You cannot give a 1h speech and blab for hours on a simple matter.

Obama is un-qualified. This is well established by now.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:32 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natchezbreed View Post
Why are some Caucasian white men and women intimidated by the fact or possibility that a African American man (OBAMA) may become president ?

The same reason asian, indian...etc would?

racism knows no boundaries..

Old 09-23-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natchezbreed View Post

Just can't break through your myopic black and white worldview, can you? #1, as if "white people" can POSSIBLY be intimidated by the effete and okie-doking Obama, and #2, as if racism only exists amongst "white caucasion people."

Get out and travel sometime. Mix with some people of different backgrounds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections