Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:37 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,206,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
How stupid of him - surely he could have said something nice about his old friend and still defended his team. Nevertheless:

Biden revised and extended his remarks in a statement — saying he hadn’t even seen it when he condemned it.

“Having now reviewed the ad, it is even more clear to me that given the disgraceful tenor of Sen McCain’s ads and their persistent falsehoods, his campaign is in no position to criticize,” he said, “especially when they continue to distort Barack’s votes on an issue as personal as keeping kids safe from sexual predators.”

Biden Calls Obama Attack Ad “Terrible” « FOX Embeds « FOXNews.com

Haha - yeah. Ow.

Nah, he was being initially honest and then had to backtrack to be a team player. Biden's best attribute is his brutal initial honesty, and now it is treated as a team liability.

Oh well Delusianne, at least we can both root for the Phillies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 09:38 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Dominican Republic...Costa Rica......somewhere warm and cheap so I can sell everything I have here and live on the beach doing nothing. The American dream is going out the window with all of this BS going on in Washington. What is the point of voting for "change" regardless of who says it....when nothing has changed since Prez #1?
Costa Rica is not so cheap anymore, but if you have the coin it is a great place! Highest literacy rate in the world to boot. The downside is, if you want to work you have to invest six figures and there are limited arenas of employment for foreignors. I would like to retire there one day. You can wake up in the morning and decide if you want to swim in the Atlantic or Pacific, eat a four-star meal for about $8, and drink the best coffee in the world!

Old 09-23-2008, 09:42 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
Costa Rica is not so cheap anymore, but if you have the coin it is a great place! Highest literacy rate in the world to boot. The downside is, if you want to work you have to invest six figures and there are limited arenas of employment for foreignors. I would like to retire there one day. You can wake up in the morning and decide if you want to swim in the Atlantic or Pacific, eat a four-star meal for about $8, and drink the best coffee in the world!
The way things are going here.....there won't be jobs for locals either let alone foreigners. The great thing about technology though is that I could actually do work (with my current employer just in a different capacity) there using a VOIP and keeping a local number (as long as I am in an area where they have high bandwidth). Who knows what will happen. I am just getting prepared

Old 09-23-2008, 09:46 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Too bad
Joe Biden, at first told the real truth about Obama
then when caught, he tried to cover his ass
I wonder how Biden feels that he has stood beside the hack Obama
and tossed away a friendship with someone he once called honorable, Mccain?
For what?? A VP slot??
Obama will stop at nothing, what a jerk
Having a hard time remembering what McCain's dear friend, Bush, did to him in 2000????

Old 09-23-2008, 06:16 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,120,185 times
During the Democratic Primary Joe had this to say about his long time friend and fellow senator John McCain:

Jon Stewart (speaking to Sen. Joe Biden): "You may end up going against a Senate colleague, perhaps McCain, perhaps Frist?"

Sen. Biden: "John McCain is a personal friend, a great friend, and I would be honored to run with or against John McCain, because I think the country would be better off -- be well off no matter who..."

Stewart: "Did I hear, Did I hear with?" Sen. Biden: "You know, John McCain and I think"

Stewart: "Don't become cottage cheese my friend. Say it."

Sen. Biden: "The answer is yes." (Comedy Central's "The Daily Show" 8/2/05)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections