Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 03:09 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It's a great op ed about McCain's out-of-control, untrustworthy temperament in general.

It's sad, but maybe just garden variety sad.
At least his morals are a bit better than those of the president whose election mantra was 'You can't legislate morality, Mr. President.' As evidenced by his late term impeachment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 03:11 PM

874 posts, read 1,855,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Absolutely..! There should be no other criteria for choosing a running mate than on life expectancy. It would behoove him to find someone young, in perfect health, with a family history of long life, and then make sure they live in an environmentally controlled bubble. That person should never travel in a car of plane, or engage in any kind of risky behavior.
Yes, I am laughing at your suggestion. People of every age and health condition die every day. Dumbo could get run over by a bus tomorrow. standing on the curb, his wings, err, I mean ears, could get sucked in by the vacuum of the passing bus and suck him right up..
Try an argument that makes at least a little sense.. You sound like a demo....!
Excuse me? My point is not that we should place the president in a bubble. My point is that anyone can die at any time regardless of health or life expectancy. Shouldn't any presidential candidate select their VP based on their suitability to be president should they need to? Unless McCain is psychic and 100% certain he will live throughout his term he should have chosen better than he did. It doesn't matter if he is healthy or not.

If I sound like a democrat it is because I am a democrat.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:00 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Lol, how does someone BECOME "unqualified"?

And sorry, but the definition of "experienced" doesn't mean you HAVE to pick someone from the Washington old guard.

This thread is yet one more whiny @ss post about Sarah Palin. The girl who stole Bobo's "change" schtick. That makes you mad, and so now, you all care about "qualifications" and "experience."

I call BS. If you cared about that crap, you wouldn't be voting Obama.
In other words, no you can't defend your candidate (John McCain. The subject of this thread).

Old 09-23-2008, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
At least his morals are a bit better than those of the president whose election mantra was 'You can't legislate morality, Mr. President.' As evidenced by his late term impeachment.
You can't either, huh.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:12 PM

Default This is a huge article but very interesting, about what's become of McCain

McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said this to Politico about the increased media scrutiny of the campaign's factual claims: "We're running a campaign to win. And we're not too concerned about what the media filter tries to say about it." Republican strategist John Feehery made the point even more bluntly, telling The Washington Post: "The more The New York Times and The Washington Post go after Sarah Palin, the better off she is, because there's a bigger truth out there, and the bigger truths are: She's new, she's popular in Alaska, and she is an insurgent." Then, he added, "As long as those are out there, these little facts don't really matter."

Here we have the distilled essence of the McCain campaign's ethos: Perception is reality. Facts don't matter. McCain has presented himself as the grizzled champion of timeworn values. But the defining trait of his candidacy turns out to be a postmodern disdain for truth. How could McCain--a man widely regarded, not so long ago, as one of the country's most honor-bound politicians, and therefore an unusually honest one--have descended to this ignominious low? Part of the answer is that McCain is simply doing what works--and there is good reason to believe that his campaign's strategy of persistent dishonesty will pay dividends come November 4. But part of the explanation for all this recent dishonesty may lie, oddly enough, in McCain's legendary sense of honor.
Liar's Poker

Old 09-24-2008, 02:09 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,218 times
[quote=TriMT7;5391418]Lol, how does someone BECOME "unqualified"?

And sorry, but the definition of "experienced" doesn't mean you HAVE to pick someone from the Washington old guard.

That makes you mad, and so now, you all care about "qualifications" and "experience."

I call BS. If you cared about that crap, you wouldn't be voting Obama.[/quote]

Hmm...does anyone smell hypocrisy here? SO Sarah Palin is refreshing since she's not from the "washington old guard" and experienced DESPITE that fact...wouldn't the same be true for Barack Obama???

Old 09-24-2008, 02:27 PM

183 posts, read 255,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
I don't know how healthy a person can be with 4 instances of melanoma.
For what it's worth, I read in an article recently that doctors say that McCain at age 72 with the type of cancer that he has would be expected to live another 2-4 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections