Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find the "racist American voter" poll to be a PR stunt to help Obama?
Yes. This poll is a stunt to guilty people to vote for Obama. 23 50.00%
No, the poll is legit. Americans are racist people, as the poll says. 18 39.13%
Other. 3 6.52%
I don't know / not sure. 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 04:09 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,390,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I do not need a stupid poll to try and put me on a guilt trip
this is going to backfire on obama.
I will not vote for him because he is a hack.
I am voting for mccain because he will make a good president.
Obama: Not fit to serve!

I agree!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 04:16 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,412,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I do not need a stupid poll to try and put me on a guilt trip
this is going to backfire on obama.
I will not vote for him because he is a hack.
I am voting for mccain because he will make a good president.
Obama: Not fit to serve!
OMG! Hack rhymes with black. YOu're a racist!

Old 09-23-2008, 04:56 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
I believe so. I have to compliment them on their exquisite manipulation. It's just a beautiful move.
I would disagree. Most people don't like be accused of racism in the voting booth, considering there is so much about Obama not to like, and none of it is based on race.

It will backfire I think and make people dig in their heels even more.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:29 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,425,000 times
Yes but it isn't working, we're wise to this old tricks. I have no white guilt, I'm never oppressed anyone and I work my tail off to get what I have.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:49 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,858,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
It's ironic that you're complaining about bias and ulterior motives in polls.

And if you think there aren't people who are voting for McCain because he isn't black, you need to get your head out of the sand.
And there are people that will not vote fro McCain because he chose a conservative woman as a running mate. Boo hoo, that's life. People can vote for whatever reason.

Barry's people are setting him up as a "victim". Gag me.

Won't change ANY minds. But anytime a lib can play the victim game, they surely will.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:53 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Do you think the "race poll" is a ploy to help guilt people into voting Obama??

I am not really a conspiracy theorist, but I think this Yahoo poll is a trick. A trick to get people feeling "guilty" for such poll coming out and voting Obama. Here is what I see:

1. Obama is poised to lose the 2008 election. It has nothing to do with color/race. It has to do with Obama being associated with every racist, terrorist, Communist, and anti-American zealot in the Chicago metro area.

2. Obama has 0 experience. Everytime they compare Obama to Palin (a Pres vs a VP), Palin come sout on top. The best thing I hear about Obama's "experience" is 5 minutes in the US Senate before starting his Presidential run and "Obama runs an amazing campaign", except a Campaign Manager runs the campaign, NOT the candidate.

3. The Obama Messianic Figure has faded. Obama won the primaries based on "being a different kinda politician" and by promissing reform, new ideas, and not taking lobbiest money and going public financing. One day after Obama wins the Primary, Obama reveals he is a Chicago-style politcian. Corporate money is flying into his coffers, he is a downright nasty campaigner, personal atatcks are out of control. No different ideas from Carter in the horrible 1970s.

4. The Media is 95% in the tank for Obama and yet Obama continue to lose ground in key states and is neck and neck with MCCain on Democratic states.

Panic.

So then this poll comes out. "Americans are racists", the poll claims. America's reputation as a "post-racial country" is now on the line.

Seesm weird, I'd say!

Is this poll just a way to guilty people into voting for Obama - one of these "I will vote for Obama so I can show Americans are not racists" kind of a think???

I think so. This Yahoo poll (http://news.yahoo.com/page/election-2008-political-pulse-obama-race - broken link) saying 23% of Dems will vote McCain because they are "racists"... doesn't sound right. Other polls have the number of "racist voters" at like 3%. Reality is that Democrats are moving towards McCain-Palin because Hillary is not on the ticket and Obama calls blue collar Americans "bitter Americans" and makes fun of such people. Had McCain said that, GOP voters would have gone in Obama's direction.

So this poll seems to be a fake, calculated move to try and get people to feel guilty and vote for Obama.

Finally, I'd say Obama will lose for lack of experience, lying about his real positions after the Primary, and extremist views which make Stalin, Mussolini, Saul Alinsky, Mao, and Fidel Castro look like "reasonable people".

That is why Obama will lose. It has NOTHING to do with racism.
Paranoid much?

Did you even read about the poll in your own link? It sounds interesting and thoughtfully prepared and presented.

"Among white Democrats, Clinton supporters were nearly twice as likely as Obama backers to say at least one negative adjective described blacks well, a finding that suggests many of her supporters in the primaries — particularly whites with high school education or less — were motivated in part by racial attitudes."

This doesnt sound correct to you? It does to me.

Embrace your inner Bull Connor. Be yourself. You'll calm down.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
white guilt gets used effectively for many things. but i am non white so how do you explain my vote? i want the war to stop, we are going broke fast.
i would vote for a martian if he would stop the war.
its that simple.
obama 08

Old 09-23-2008, 06:28 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
white guilt gets used effectively for many things. but i am non white so how do you explain my vote? i want the war to stop, we are going broke fast.
i would vote for a martian if he would stop the war.
its that simple.
obama 08

Funny that you actually think Obama is going to "stop the war."

Your assumption for such is based on what? His steadfast "word" nd the fact that he's never flip flopped? The leadership he's shown on issues of Iraq while in the Senate?

Must be nice to have blind faith.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:01 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Do you think the "race poll" is a ploy to help guilt people into voting Obama??

I am not really a conspiracy theorist, but I think this Yahoo poll is a trick. A trick to get people feeling "guilty" for such poll coming out and voting Obama. Here is what I see:

1. Obama is poised to lose the 2008 election. It has nothing to do with color/race. It has to do with Obama being associated with every racist, terrorist, Communist, and anti-American zealot in the Chicago metro area.

2. Obama has 0 experience. Everytime they compare Obama to Palin (a Pres vs a VP), Palin come sout on top. The best thing I hear about Obama's "experience" is 5 minutes in the US Senate before starting his Presidential run and "Obama runs an amazing campaign", except a Campaign Manager runs the campaign, NOT the candidate.

3. The Obama Messianic Figure has faded. Obama won the primaries based on "being a different kinda politician" and by promissing reform, new ideas, and not taking lobbiest money and going public financing. One day after Obama wins the Primary, Obama reveals he is a Chicago-style politcian. Corporate money is flying into his coffers, he is a downright nasty campaigner, personal atatcks are out of control. No different ideas from Carter in the horrible 1970s.

4. The Media is 95% in the tank for Obama and yet Obama continue to lose ground in key states and is neck and neck with MCCain on Democratic states.

Panic.

So then this poll comes out. "Americans are racists", the poll claims. America's reputation as a "post-racial country" is now on the line.

Seesm weird, I'd say!

Is this poll just a way to guilty people into voting for Obama - one of these "I will vote for Obama so I can show Americans are not racists" kind of a think???

I think so. This Yahoo poll (http://news.yahoo.com/page/election-2008-political-pulse-obama-race - broken link) saying 23% of Dems will vote McCain because they are "racists"... doesn't sound right. Other polls have the number of "racist voters" at like 3%. Reality is that Democrats are moving towards McCain-Palin because Hillary is not on the ticket and Obama calls blue collar Americans "bitter Americans" and makes fun of such people. Had McCain said that, GOP voters would have gone in Obama's direction.

So this poll seems to be a fake, calculated move to try and get people to feel guilty and vote for Obama.

Finally, I'd say Obama will lose for lack of experience, lying about his real positions after the Primary, and extremist views which make Stalin, Mussolini, Saul Alinsky, Mao, and Fidel Castro look like "reasonable people".

That is why Obama will lose. It has NOTHING to do with racism.
Sitting in that hate preaching church for 20 years, his lousy terrorist friends, and other scum bags who got 90 million in 6 years while they didn't do a good job and should have been fired....all that + what you said is making him loose....but others will call us racists......losers always blame others.....!

Old 09-23-2008, 09:01 PM

1,617 posts, read 2,637,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
If we are talking about race influencing voters, more than 90% of all African American Democrats voted for Obama in the primary, although Hillary was clearly the most experienced and qualified candidate.As for race, I don't care what color my candidate is, I would just like for him/her to be qualified. And don't go off on the Palin tangent, people vote for the top of the party.
BTW, do you have a link to back that up? was it just 1 state or total? Because from the information I have, 90% of black voters would be about 13million votes. I'm sure more than 5 million whites voted for him.

Conversely, that would mean that only 1.5 million blacks voted for Clinton...I find that # very hard to believe as well.

At least if you are going to make comments like these, back them up with some links because if not all it does is perpetuate rumors & false information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections