Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you find the "racist American voter" poll to be a PR stunt to help Obama?
Yes. This poll is a stunt to guilty people to vote for Obama. 23 50.00%
No, the poll is legit. Americans are racist people, as the poll says. 18 39.13%
Other. 3 6.52%
I don't know / not sure. 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 02:27 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,129 times

Advertisements

Do you think the "race poll" is a ploy to help guilt people into voting Obama??

I am not really a conspiracy theorist, but I think this Yahoo poll is a trick. A trick to get people feeling "guilty" for such poll coming out and voting Obama. Here is what I see:

1. Obama is poised to lose the 2008 election. It has nothing to do with color/race. It has to do with Obama being associated with every racist, terrorist, Communist, and anti-American zealot in the Chicago metro area.

2. Obama has 0 experience. Everytime they compare Obama to Palin (a Pres vs a VP), Palin come sout on top. The best thing I hear about Obama's "experience" is 5 minutes in the US Senate before starting his Presidential run and "Obama runs an amazing campaign", except a Campaign Manager runs the campaign, NOT the candidate.

3. The Obama Messianic Figure has faded. Obama won the primaries based on "being a different kinda politician" and by promissing reform, new ideas, and not taking lobbiest money and going public financing. One day after Obama wins the Primary, Obama reveals he is a Chicago-style politcian. Corporate money is flying into his coffers, he is a downright nasty campaigner, personal atatcks are out of control. No different ideas from Carter in the horrible 1970s.

4. The Media is 95% in the tank for Obama and yet Obama continue to lose ground in key states and is neck and neck with MCCain on Democratic states.

Panic.

So then this poll comes out. "Americans are racists", the poll claims. America's reputation as a "post-racial country" is now on the line.

Seesm weird, I'd say!

Is this poll just a way to guilty people into voting for Obama - one of these "I will vote for Obama so I can show Americans are not racists" kind of a think???

I think so. This Yahoo poll (http://news.yahoo.com/page/election-2008-political-pulse-obama-race - broken link) saying 23% of Dems will vote McCain because they are "racists"... doesn't sound right. Other polls have the number of "racist voters" at like 3%. Reality is that Democrats are moving towards McCain-Palin because Hillary is not on the ticket and Obama calls blue collar Americans "bitter Americans" and makes fun of such people. Had McCain said that, GOP voters would have gone in Obama's direction.

So this poll seems to be a fake, calculated move to try and get people to feel guilty and vote for Obama.

Finally, I'd say Obama will lose for lack of experience, lying about his real positions after the Primary, and extremist views which make Stalin, Mussolini, Saul Alinsky, Mao, and Fidel Castro look like "reasonable people".

That is why Obama will lose. It has NOTHING to do with racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 02:29 PM

3,491 posts, read 8,581,229 times
certainly from a political point of view, bringing up race helps Obama. (Obama himself shouldnt bring it up) We saw this with Bill Clinton in the primaries when his remarks caused a surge of support behind Obama. Ultimately thats what led to Hillary's defeat on Super Tuesday win Obama started winning state after state. If the media talks about all these people that have said they wont vote for Obama because he is black, that only fuels the fire for Obama's support just like the sexist comments about Sarah Palin fuel the flames for her support.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:50 PM

881 posts, read 1,589,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi View Post
certainly from a political point of view, bringing up race helps Obama. (Obama himself shouldnt bring it up) We saw this with Bill Clinton in the primaries when his remarks caused a surge of support behind Obama. Ultimately thats what led to Hillary's defeat on Super Tuesday win Obama started winning state after state. If the media talks about all these people that have said they wont vote for Obama because he is black, that only fuels the fire for Obama's support just like the sexist comments about Sarah Palin fuel the flames for her support.
And Yahoo News is openly helping Obama. They have every intention to do such a thing.

Making people think "not voting for Obama could cause him to lose and then people will think Americans are a racists" is a great ploy.

This is interesting. Obama's campaign will do anything to get this guy elected. If not the legal, decent way, they will smear, lie, and every stoop down to such a level to help this guy. They are now trying to make Obama seem like "the victim of racism" to drum up sympathy for the guy.

Unbelievable.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:57 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,412,887 times
I believe so. I have to compliment them on their exquisite manipulation. It's just a beautiful move.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:04 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
It was in the back of my mind when I read about it, why wasn't a sexist voter factor discussed when Palin was selected, or when Hillary was competing against Obama? Why isn't age discrimination being discussed?

This election isn't like any I have ever seen, and I've been following these since 1968. I have never, ever seen so much "voter motivation analysis", and it is all (yes, all) one sided.

My historical reading of voter sentiment is that this stuff is going to build some resentment, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some voter backlash against all of this stuff. I'll bet if it happens, the "blame" for the outcome (as if it deserves "blame") will be due to...

Old 09-23-2008, 03:14 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,628,367 times
No, I think it is a 2 pronged approach. A pre-emptive excuse for losing, and another crack at those who refuse to support the moron by calling them racists.

Its all a joke and I'm sick of hearing about it. There will be just as many that vote for him because he is black as there are that won't vote for him because of it. Its a wash.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:16 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,288,273 times
It's ironic that you're complaining about bias and ulterior motives in polls.

And if you think there aren't people who are voting for McCain because he isn't black, you need to get your head out of the sand.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:18 PM

36,657 posts, read 67,506,468 times
If anything, its a poll that tells people, its okay that your not voting for him cause you hate black people, dont feel bad, 30% of all whites feel the same way.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:48 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,391,902 times
If we are talking about race influencing voters, more than 90% of all African American Democrats voted for Obama in the primary, although Hillary was clearly the most experienced and qualified candidate.
As for race, I don't care what color my candidate is, I would just like for him/her to be qualified. And don't go off on the Palin tangent, people vote for the top of the party.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:06 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
I do not need a stupid poll to try and put me on a guilt trip
this is going to backfire on obama.
I will not vote for him because he is a hack.
I am voting for mccain because he will make a good president.
Obama: Not fit to serve!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections