Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 09:40 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,563,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Paul Slansky: A Note to Bill Clinton

Man, these lefties are something else. I thought they didn't need the clintons OR their voters. Now they want the clintons to carry his sorry butt over the finish line?

How about your guy closing the deal for himself? Blame the clinton voters, the racist democrats and now the clintons.

Lately, Bill has had nothing but nice things to say about Mac and palin.
Is that a blog you posted? Classic! Anyway, nope, sorry I will not blame anyone but the idiots of america for voting anyone but Obama into office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 09:40 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
Wow, does this blog from Slansky show the absolute hatred generated by some Obama supporters:

Given that we would never have had the odious George W. Bush in the White House in the first place if it wasn't for your blow jobs, Bill, it seems obvious that you owe it to the people of this country, and especially to the parents whose kids died in the Iraq War that Gore would never have started, and to all the parents whose kids would be killed in the WarFest that would be a McCain/Palin -- sorry, Palin/McCain administration -- to do everything in your power to get Barack Obama elected.

Despite much of the hate filled drivel I have read about this election, I would say that this paragraph is the single most obnoxious thing I have seen so far.

Blaming Bill for Iraq casualties...if I were Bill, I'd tell him to stuff it, and go campaign (or not campaign) however he sees fit.

Last edited by NewToCA; 09-23-2008 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-23-2008, 09:42 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,254,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Oh, and that America hates black people.
Well America IS mean, after all...Michelle Obama said so.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:58 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,190,876 times
I can't believe I'm even bothering to indulged this thread...

"The left says"

Lets look at this statement shall we. "The left", now are we saying this is a single person or an entire entity consisting of many things making up a whole that acts in 100% unison as is indicated by the use of "the"?

Since the term "the left" usually refers to people of liberal leaning politics, we can assume that this means many people of a general mode of thought. Now, we need to ask, are there any from "the left" that have a dissenting opinion from the above statement, even if it is only one person? 220 or million registered voters, roughly half are Democrats and at least half of those identify with liberal Democratic ideals. So, out of 50 million or so people of liberal leanings, I would venture to guess that there is at least one liberal who will not blame Bill Clinton if Obama loses.

So, either this statement, "the left says" is completely false and posted knowingly so, yet done so in order to mildly inflame the opposition or the OP doesn't realize that "the left" consist of at least 50 million people who do not act in complete unison. I'm curious as to which one we have here. Of course this is how flame wars erupt, when using such language to begin a thread.

For the record, I have this pointy headed coastal liberal neighbor down the way that claims the reason why Obama won't win isn't because of Bill Clinton's obvious dislike of Obama, but simply because he is an African American. Then again, she is a Clinton fan, so what do you expect.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:59 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,155,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
so what do you expect.
4 more years of the same government we've got now. It doesn't matter who wins. At this point, it's sport rather than the future of our country.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:07 PM

472 posts, read 872,244 times
Well... if McCain loses, isn't it GWB's fault.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:47 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,684,750 times
Even Bill Clinton knows Obama is not qualified !!!

Old 09-23-2008, 10:52 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,263 times
Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton both know McCain is the right choice. Both of them have highly praised him, and Bill has praised Palin and McCain. Do you honestly think Bill or Hillary really think Obama is a good candidate. Of course not! She wants to run in 2012!!! Even she said he (Obama) is inexperienced. Oh yeah, I bet $100 during Clinton's DNC speech or any other speech for Obama she is doing it with vomit almost ready to fly out of her mouth.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:55 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,423,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laysayfair View Post
Maybe, Bill has finally developed a conscience and can't bring himself to mislead people into voting for Obama.
That cracked me up about Bill and a conscience, I guess Nov will tell all who the big dog will be

Old 09-23-2008, 10:56 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,143,022 times
You know, another thought is that Hilary and Bill don't want to get in too deep with Obama. If he wins and screws up they don't want to look like they were all for him. And I'm sure they are expecting he will screw up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections