Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which candidate?
John McCain 42 44.68%
Barack Obama 52 55.32%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:02 PM

826 posts, read 1,625,360 times

Advertisements

President Bush has kept the US soil safe from attack for 2,570 days. Which candidate would be better at continuing to keep the US soil safe from any terrorist attack?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 10:04 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,696,287 times
Default common sense- McCain/Palin

The young voters need to think about this real hard! Who will keep your tomorrow a better/safer America?

Lets be honest please.

Vote wisely

McCain/Palin for sure

Old 09-23-2008, 10:16 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,855 times
I dont think there is any question....the minute Barack Obama is elected is the minute the extremists in the middle east will begin plotting for a bigger and greater attack than 9-11. For some reason, I think 9-11 was just a "practice run" for a more serious attack, perhaps on DC or on a bigger scale than just 2 buildings...and I think our country has done a great job at keeping attacks away for 7 years, mainly because of the extensive resources we have set aside for defense. Obama would take all that money from defense and put it in social welfare programs leaving us wide open for attack. Its no wonder that most of the middle east leaders are praying Obama wins this election.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:21 PM

1,286 posts, read 2,916,707 times
a lot of people forget that the only reason 9/11 was so small a catastrophe was because all the planes were grounded. had they not been, who knows how many more people would realize how real terrorism is. obama doesn't get it or invites, im not sure which.

YouTube - Gingrich: I'm deeply worried - Regarding the war on terror and Iran

Old 09-23-2008, 10:25 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
a lot of people forget that the only reason 9/11 was so small a catastrophe was because all the planes were grounded. had they not been, who knows how many more people would realize how real terrorism is. obama doesn't get it or invites, im not sure which.

Apparently 9/11 wasn't a big enough wake up call for NYC, because they still are overwhelmingly supporting Obama, and his "pro-terrorist" policies that will basically invite terrorists into this country. I guess people just wont get it until we are attacked again, sadly. Especially those on the east coast (who are, ironically voting for obama in large numbers) who are at greatest risk for a terrorist attack.

Summing it up....9/11 isn't fresh enough or "real" enough for some people.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:27 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,256,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post

You are right; I'm sure they weren't expecting air travel in the US to completely shut down. It was so strange/eery how SILENT the skies ere. I usually don't even notice the sound of airplanes overhead, but I sure did notice when there WERE none.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:06 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,326,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash83 View Post
President Bush has kept the US soil safe from attack for 2,570 days. Which candidate would be better at continuing to keep the US soil safe from any terrorist attack?
McCain.

Bush did a great job with this. There has NOT been an attack on American soil since 9-11.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:28 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Apparently 9/11 wasn't a big enough wake up call for NYC, because they still are overwhelmingly supporting Obama, and his "pro-terrorist" policies that will basically invite terrorists into this country. I guess people just wont get it until we are attacked again, sadly. Especially those on the east coast (who are, ironically voting for obama in large numbers) who are at greatest risk for a terrorist attack.

Summing it up....9/11 isn't fresh enough or "real" enough for some people.
I'm not surprised. There are still some wackos out there who think the U.S. government "staged" the 9/11 attacks.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:34 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,157,105 times
What will it matter? The damage is done. Destruction doesn't need to come from airplanes turned into missiles. The US was brought down by domestic economic terrorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections