Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 08:35 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,915,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
Not quite. Your logic is incredibly flawed. Associating with muslims does not make one a muslim. I have a mother I've associated with my entire life. However I'm not a mother. SHOCKER!!
how about him saying prayers in arabic? your right, he just picked that up from being associated with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbums2 View Post
I'm not even going to read it. Newsmax is one of the worst right wing publishers going. They also support the Swift Boating that went on with Kerry.
kerry was a joke too. unfortunately for you, he is still more qualified than obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Since you allege Obama has associated with terrorists just WHAT documented implementers has he associated with?

I have nothing but contempt for those who pervert the teachings of Christ to gain power, control, and wealth for themselves and place people like Falwell at the head of that pack. I lost a lot of whatever respect I may have had for McCain when I saw video of him pandering to Falwell on the stage at Falwell.s college.
you mean like the basic documents from say, Harvard? what would they have on file? or how about columbia? thats a start. but the obama bus refuses to release those documents. where is the media outcry there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 08:45 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,279,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
how about him saying prayers in arabic? your right, he just picked that up from being associated with them.
When in the presence of other religions it is often customary to participate in some of their traditions, worse comes to worse he was looking at the religion as a potential for him and decided against it. There shouldn't be procecution for being open-minded an accepting of other cultures and religions. I was a member of a protesant youth group for a brief period and said prayers with them, but we have differing beliefs. I'm still a proud catholic and that experience helped me better understand the issues different faiths deal with. Vilifying a peacful religious group is pretty low in my opinion, which seems to be all that some people on this board can do.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:47 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,915,856 times
Quote:
When in the presence of other religions it is often customary to participate in some of their traditions, worse comes to worse he was looking at the religion as a potential for him and decided against it. There shouldn't be procecution for being open-minded an accepting of other cultures and religions. I was a member of a protesant youth group for a brief period and said prayers with them, but we have differing beliefs. I'm still a proud catholic and that experience helped me better understand the issues different faiths deal with. Vilifying a peacful religious group is pretty low in my opinion, which seems to be all that some people on this board can do.
except he wont deny or admit anything. he simply is just ignoring it. he is a public figure, he is not bound to the same privacy that we are.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:51 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,279,857 times
Quote:
except he wont deny or admit anything. he simply is just ignoring it. he is a public figure, he is not bound to the same privacy that we are.
Tell that to Palin. She has questions to answer about policy and things that matter. This on the other hand does not. Not in my opinion. And he has said many times that he is not muslim and is a christian.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:53 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
He won't deny or admit what, exactly?

Old 09-24-2008, 03:23 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,128,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Seriously, if I could, I would throw all the incumbents out - the new ones cannot do any worse; this is great theoretically but is not going to happen. At this point, I cannot digest Republicans running McCain as an "outsider". Obama is no great guy either - but I am tired of the last 8 years and am ready for a "real" change.
Well, change for the sake just for the sake of change isn't the answer for me. I like the fact that McCain and Palin are reform-minded, and neither are afraid of a fight.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:01 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Well, change for the sake just for the sake of change isn't the answer for me. I like the fact that McCain and Palin are reform-minded, and neither are afraid of a fight.
I think we will have to disagree on this one. Based on who McCain advisors are, based on his recent pandering to the "base" etc, I do not think McCain is reform minded at all. Plus the Palin pick tells me he is simply desperate to become president after 3 decades in the Senate. That was the one incident that made me simply give up considering McCain. I think WashingtonPost had an article on why many Independents left the McCain camp once Palin was picked - I am one of them. I liked the old McCain much more - he was a maverick and had a spine. Based on his actions, not words, I am voting against Republicans this time.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:46 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,128,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
I think we will have to disagree on this one. Based on who McCain advisors are, based on his recent pandering to the "base" etc, I do not think McCain is reform minded at all. Plus the Palin pick tells me he is simply desperate to become president after 3 decades in the Senate. That was the one incident that made me simply give up considering McCain. I think WashingtonPost had an article on why many Independents left the McCain camp once Palin was picked - I am one of them. I liked the old McCain much more - he was a maverick and had a spine. Based on his actions, not words, I am voting against Republicans this time.
I don't know who the McCain advisors are, but I think he chose Palin because she more closely mirrored his own philosophy. I don't think it was an act of desperation. And according to the biographer who wrote "Sarah," she is pretty smart. I also think McCain is the same guy he's always been: A maverick.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:01 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
I don't know who the McCain advisors are, but I think he chose Palin because she more closely mirrored his own philosophy. I don't think it was an act of desperation. And according to the biographer who wrote "Sarah," she is pretty smart. I also think McCain is the same guy he's always been: A maverick.
I have already shared my views on McCain and why he is not the same guy as before. We can talk about Palin a bit. The fact that he has been shielding Sarah is a biggie for me. During the Rep convention, they actually has the "russia from her house" logic. Palin did not say thanks but no thanks. In fact, based on what I have read, Palin is very aggessive, but not smart. She makes lot of teleprompter statements but we are finding out how hollow they are. McCain is 73 with his dad / granddad dying at 63/70 - so there is a chance Palin can become president - which is frightening to me. Plus, she says "god talks to her". I can understand the metaphor but she means it literally. I have no issue with 1-way conversation with god, but when god talks back, I think one crosses the line into cockoo territory. Incidentally, Ayatollahs also say the same thing to justify evil actions. Lastly, the Republicans made the mistake of the Iraq war (am OK with Afghanistan war). "Shock and awe" is now upon us in the form of $10 billion per month bill in Iraq alone. Bush has been bent on pi$$ing off the world. I think it is time for change just to get some trigger happy people out. Maybe both parties are controlled by lobyists from the same industry but I am betting that the Dems have less defence types paying them. I wish Republicans acted based on their stated principles.

Old 09-24-2008, 07:03 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,120,290 times
Quote:
(blah-blah-blah)... Vilifying a peacful religious group is pretty low in my opinion, which seems to be all that some people on this board can do.
Are you calling the Hamas Muslims a "peacful (your spelling-see above) religious group"? That's absurd! They commit violent acts daily in Palestine.

Obama has close friends who once worked for thye PLO and Hamas. Mona and Rashid Khalidi founded a non profit group called the Arab Action League that was supposed to use donated money to help Arab Americans find jobs and places to live in Chicago. Through their friend Barack Obama they secured a donation from the Woods Foundation. The money intended for Arab Americans was instead funneled to Hamas terrorists in Jeruselum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections