Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 10:14 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,230 times

Advertisements

I don't know if there's a link yet.

I'd kind of like the ticket to be Biden/Obama right now - Biden is delivering the passion I want to see in Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 10:18 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,241,815 times
I just watched it.. funnily enough it was only live on FOX here. Biden speaks very confidently about foreign policy, and about leaders in foreign countries, having met with over 150 of them. Palin will find it very difficult to hold her own in the debate with him.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:32 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,552,301 times
Of course...He has been the chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee forever..if there is a pro out there, it is Joe. The debate with Palin is going to be a sad thing for her.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:33 AM

3,950 posts, read 5,089,796 times
Default Caged Animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
I just watched it.. funnily enough it was only live on FOX here. Biden speaks very confidently about foreign policy, and about leaders in foreign countries, having met with over 150 of them. Palin will find it very difficult to hold her own in the debate with him.
I suspect Palin will live up to her pit bull reputation and go on the attack against Biden. Given the format of the debate it’ll be easy for her to deliver one-liners without having to elaborate. Look for an attempt to put Biden on the defensive early.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:40 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
I suspect Palin will live up to her pit bull reputation and go on the attack against Biden. Given the format of the debate it’ll be easy for her to deliver one-liners without having to elaborate. Look for an attempt to put Biden on the defensive early.
Yes. And she may play the victim and cry when she loses.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:41 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
She'll try to pitbull him early and he'll just shrug it off and destroy her on what actually counts: the issues.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:46 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,987,938 times
I actually feel kinda sorry for Palin right now. I have a sneaking suspicion that even she is wondering if she should have accepted the VP nomination. Perhaps it's becoming more clear to her that she can't learn all about complicated foreign relations in such a short time which is perhaps why she's avoiding the cameras. I think she can only go so far playing up her image as a competent choice for so long- the truth is hard to take and I think she now knows this.

Last edited by clongirl; 09-24-2008 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-24-2008, 10:51 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
I actually feel kinda sorry for Palin right now. I have a sneaking suspicion that even she is wondering if she should have accepted the VP nomination. Perhaps it's becoming more clear to her that she can't learn all about complicated foreign relations in such a short time which is perhaps why she's avoiding the cameras. I think she can only go so far playing up her image as a competent choice for so long- the truth is hard to take and I think she now knows this.
Yeah, I have to say I feel a little sorry for her, too, although I am not a "fan" of hers. I don't know if I can watch the VP debate, because I think it's going to be such a blood-bath. I think that Biden had better treat her well or it will backfire on him.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:55 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,380,037 times
I watched part of that speech on CNN during lunch. He really does seem to know his stuff, and was extremely passionate on the subject- he wasn't afraid to tear into McCain repeatedly either. I didn't get to watch the whole thing, so I can't say whether it was entirely gaffe-free, but the part I saw seemed to be. Sorry to say, but Palin couldn't even attempt to make such a speech- they can school her all they want on foreign policy, but that speech was delivered by someone who's actually been involved in the subject- no amount of crash-course training will allow such a confident delivery.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:03 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,326,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
I don't know if there's a link yet.

I'd kind of like the ticket to be Biden/Obama right now - Biden is delivering the passion I want to see in Obama.
What does Biden want to divide Iraq into three countries again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections