Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:38 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by poogie777 View Post
Oh ya? I'm no liberal wacko! I would love to see McCain take WA...but life is good up here regardless. It's really not whether a republican or dem is in office...it's what YOU make it.
I love Washington. The rest of you could learn lessons from this state. You call us "liberal wackos" but our economy is good.
If Washington is such a great place to live, why did it lose the Sonics to Oklahoma City, now renamed the Thunder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 12:42 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,723,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
If Washington is such a great place to live, why did it lose the Sonics to Oklahoma City, now renamed the Thunder?
Maybe because the city of Seattle and the state of Washington are not stupid enough to succumb to the financial blackmail required to keep an NBA franchise. Good luck Oklahoma City!

Old 09-24-2008, 12:46 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,438,713 times
First of all, how did this thread go from the Obama lead to the Sonics? At any rate, McCain doesn't stand a chance in Washington and I have only lived here a year and am smart enough to know that. Never happen.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:51 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poogie777 View Post
Oh ya? I'm no liberal wacko! I would love to see McCain take WA...but life is good up here regardless. It's really not whether a republican or dem is in office...it's what YOU make it.
I love Washington. The rest of you could learn lessons from this state. You call us "liberal wackos" but our economy is good.
The economy isnt good because of the electorate or it's elected. Washington state in general , king county specifically, is one of the most expensive place's in the country to operate a business and live. You are right though it is unfortunate that all of the good normal folk in eastern Wa and up north get tarred with the same brush as the fruit's flakes and nuts in king county., Obama territory!

Old 09-24-2008, 12:54 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times
There's information here, particulary on talk radio, Air America for example and two popular senators, that help. Unlike other parts of the US, particulary the South, where all you get for talk radio is nothing but the same predictable kool aid, Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck, Ingraham and all the other nutjobs that say stuff like "you can abort every black baby in this country and your crime rate would go down."

Old 09-24-2008, 01:06 PM

365 posts, read 692,282 times
There's good folk in King County as well. I don't see them "tarred".
This is what I love about Washington is that this is a great example of diversity working together for the common good. We are thick with liberals, dem's and repubs alike and have basically worked well enough together to have such a great place to live.
I came from the midwest, so I do know the about the higher costs of living up here. But I also know (in our case) that we get paid much more up here too. And after living all those years in the midwest and now here for over 6 years...I don't mind the higher costs of living. I have a much higher quality of life.
Something works up here and I believe it is everyone working together. Look at Hannity and Colmes...One very right and one very left and they make a great show! That's how we work up here. When all is said and done and the dust settles, repub or dem pres. it'll still be good and we'll continue to press forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections