Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 03:27 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Yeah, and now that McCain is answering the call, Harry Butt Reid is saying "Don't come to Washington." Hahahahahahahahaha

The Dems are the biggest bunch of losers imaginable.
This just proves you NEVER intended to vote for Hillary in the first place. Trying to act like you were a democrat when you never really were. PUMA my ass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 03:30 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
This just proves you NEVER intended to vote for Hillary in the first place. Trying to act like you were a democrat when you never really were. PUMA my ass.
I DID vote and campaign for Hillary but I'm not a Democrat. I'm an Independent. Your ass has nothing to do with anything so cover it up, please.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:30 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,105,849 times
McCain's so full of it. I think Steve Benen summarized the ridiculousness of this latest flail the best...

IF AT FIRST YOU DON'T SUCCEED.... When the crisis on Wall Street began, and the markets began tanking nine days ago, the very first message from John McCain was, "The fundamentals of our economy are strong." That didn't work, and McCain dropped the line.

His second message was that he wanted to see a commission investigate how and why the crisis happened. That made McCain appear confused, so he dropped that line, too.

His third message was in opposition to the AIG bailout. That didn't last, and McCain took the opposite position 24 hours later.

His fourth message was to fire Christopher Cox from the Securities and Exchange Commission. That turned out to be ridiculous, and McCain dropped the line, too.

His fifth message was to blame lobbyists, influence peddlers, and the collapse of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. That became problematic given the lobbyists and former Fannie/Freddie officials on McCain's payroll.

McCain has simply gone from one ridiculous notion to another, flailing around, looking desperately for something coherent to say. Now McCain has come up with yet another stunt: suspend the campaign, delay the debate, and head back to his day job for the first time since April.

The Washington Monthly

Old 09-24-2008, 03:33 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,946,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
Rove politics as usual. And look for an eminent terrorist threat to be announced around November 1.
Yup, that's how it works.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Political Radar: Stephanopoulos: McCain Holds Key to Administration's Bailout Passage on Capitol Hill

Stephanopoulos: McCain Holds Key to Administration's Bailout Passage on Capitol Hill

Quote:
ABC News' George Stephanopoulos reports: If Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain doesn't vote for the Bush administration's $700 billion economic bailout plan, some Republican and Democratic congressional leaders tell ABC News the plan won't pass.

"If McCain doesn't come out for this, it's over," a Top House Republican tells ABC News.
Sure looks like Reid, oabama and the dems were looking for some leadership on this.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:36 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Political Radar: Stephanopoulos: McCain Holds Key to Administration's Bailout Passage on Capitol Hill

Stephanopoulos: McCain Holds Key to Administration's Bailout Passage on Capitol Hill

Sure looks like Reid, oabama and the dems were looking for some leadership on this.
I don't think it's leadership they are looking for. They are trying to eliminate McCain's opportunity for political brinkmanship on this important matter. McCain won't share his opinions because he wants wiggle room to make himself come out of this a winner.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:39 PM

500 posts, read 910,130 times
CNN poll says more like 69-27 in the ridiculous camp.
This is not going well for McCain.

John McCain's request to delay campaigning and this week's debate is:

An effort to help the economy 27% 12247
A political gimmick 69% 31454
Something else 5% 2141

Total Votes: 45842

Old 09-24-2008, 03:42 PM

432 posts, read 1,255,774 times
Obama's relations with Franklin Raines(CEO of defunct Fannie Mae), Don Warden, aka Khalid Abdullah al Mansour,( who provided a Muslim oil baron to fund his Harvard education), Bill Ayers, confessed terrorist, Jeremiah Wright, (an anti Semite, racist, country hating bigot)...Tony Rezko, convicted, ect,ect ect.These are people Obama had close relations with, and the press and you his supporters, chose to ignore what we are dealing with.
Obama is a dangerous person...and I really do not like McCain either, but I truly believe he is the best choice. He is very dedicated to his country, as he has already shown before and making this decision to go back to DC is proof he really is looking after his country, not himself. In the other hand....Obama wants to continue on. Now, who is really the best man.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:43 PM

745 posts, read 1,297,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud Dickman View Post
CNN poll says more like 69-27 in the ridiculous camp.
This is not going well for McCain.

John McCain's request to delay campaigning and this week's debate is:

An effort to help the economy 27% 12247
A political gimmick 69% 31454
Something else 5% 2141

Total Votes: 45842
Is this a web poll?

Old 09-24-2008, 03:45 PM

658 posts, read 1,336,031 times
The last thing the public wants is a suspension of the campaign. We are all anxious to hear these two debate, about the economy and other issues. There is absolutely nota damn thing that McCain could do right now. I guess McCain wants to spend more time working with Phil Gramm so the two of them can solve the problem. I used to be a middle of the road independent voter who listened to both sides, and who had some respect for McCain. But in the last few months he has totally revealed his ineptitude...about economy, about war...social issues...you name it he is out to lunch. There is absolutely no way this man could do anything productive in the White House...ah, but then we would have Caribou Barbie to fix everything. I am furiously over the Republicans forever, this current administration and all of its big business cronies have made billions at the expense of the public, taken us to a frivolous war, ruined our status in the world...and its time to GET THEM OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections