Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 01:56 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
If it smells like a fish...it is a fish! Perfect excuse for McSame to back out of the debate. He is worried about going up against Obama! McSame is not the president. What does he have to do with anything to do with what is going on with the economy now? What is he gonna step up and do? Gimme a break! By pulling this stunt he thinks he will come out the big hero! More BS...I know exactly what he is up too! This is all bs as I see it! Obama knows this too trust me. Those Repugs are a bunch of sneaky snakes.
It is not only the Republicans. It's both parties.

When are we going to stop blaming one side, and accept the fact that every politician out there is a damned crook?

Yes it smells like a fishy river that runs through both McCain's and Obama's yards.

They must think the American people are fools. And judging from what people are posting on this forum, and in this thread, it seems like they're mostly right. Sheep, I tell ya...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 01:59 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
It is not only the Republicans. It's both parties.

When are we going to stop blaming one side, and accept the fact that every politician out there is a damned crook?

Yes it smells like a fishy river that runs through both McCain's and Obama's yards.

They must think the American people are fools. And judging from what people are posting on this forum, and in this thread, it seems like they're mostly right. Sheep, I tell ya...
Congress should take a deep breath, relax and get to work. Rushing through legislation will create a mess with long term consequences that we'll all pay for. There is no reason to suspend a Presidential Campaign. You can't suspend the World every time there's a crisis.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:04 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times
Obama according to the AP, was the first to make contact with the McCain camp to discuss suspending the debate. McCain beat Obama to the mike that is the extent of it. Nothing under the bush...keep trying.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:05 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,935,880 times
Notice this comes on the heels of Joe Biden tearing him a new one today? Also, Obama is in constant contact with his people in DC (using technology) while Mccain is still using carrier pigeon to get his information. That or his phone bill is getting too high and since he has nothing coming in, he cannot afford it.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:08 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
this makes him look so very weak. I am amazed that he's bothering.

Another week or so of cramming for the debate will not solve his myriad problems.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:08 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
It's a stunt. Mike Pence, et all are doing just fine ... sorry, but Papa Smurf isn't going to sweep into DC on a wave of glory and settle this thing. He's up to his eyeballs in Rick Davis Freddie/Fannie crap ... deal with that bozo first! Or maybe he's going there to throw him under the bus. He's suspending his campaign because the head of his campaign is a part of the problem.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:09 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,981,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Congress should take a deep breath, relax and get to work. Rushing through legislation will create a mess with long term consequences that we'll all pay for. There is no reason to suspend a Presidential Campaign. You can't suspend the World every time there's a crisis.
Right on. As much as I don't want Congress to think "too long" I do believe they need to analyze the crisis and proposed solutions carefully.

Regarding the election I see no reason why it shouldn't continue - for all intents and purposes all the ground work is already laid and most of the money raised. All that fundamentally needs to happen now are a handful of intelligent, public, and nationally broadcast debates covering each of the top 25 or so key issues and candidate stances.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:10 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,576,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
But there is ! I just got an E-mail from a friend close to the DNC stating that in the near future Biden was going to make a statement, that because of healt issues he was going to step down as nom. for VP and ask Obama to request Clinton to reconsider his request to be VP , and that this time she was going to accept the position . CHECK MATE!!! Regroup the flood waters are rising !!!! Didn't see this storm comming.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:11 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,117,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Obama according to the AP, was the first to make contact with the McCain camp to discuss suspending the debate. McCain beat Obama to the mike that is the extent of it. Nothing under the bush...keep trying.
If this is true, I cannot wait for the people who posted before to twist their words and say how great it was that Obama is doing this. It would look something like this:

"Look how brave it is that Obama is willing to suspend the debates to put more attention on a major crisis going on currently. I guess that McCain and the Repugs just doesn't care."

(IF it's true. I haven't seen anything that says Obama approached McCain first yet)

Old 09-24-2008, 02:12 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
I don't think he's trying to get out of the debate. I think he knows he's losing and this is a last ditch effort for him to try and trump Obama on the economic issue. To the candidates, this is a chess game, both candidates trying to stay one step ahead of the other. He's trying to make the right move to win. He's already proved by choosing Caribou Barbie that he's a total sellout who will do anything to try and become president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections