Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 03:40 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The liberals are stunned again. They just do not know what to do.
I don't think the liberals have to "do anything" at this point. McCain's doing a good enough job of blowing this election on his own.

I do admit to being stunned by such an obvious ploy on McCain's part to weasel out of the debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 04:02 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,407,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
As was reported a day or two ago, Obama is prepared, McCain is not: Debate preps illustrate candidates' differing styles - CNN.com

You dems actually believe that McCain--a seasoned senator--is not prepared to debate a junior senator with no experience whatsoever? Are you serious?

It's like I'm on the Planet of the Apes when I come into this forum. Some kind of liberal freakshow parallel universe.

Sometimes I wish I had swallowed the blue pill.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:04 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post

It's like I'm on the Planet of the Apes when I come into this forum. Some kind of liberal freakshow parallel universe.

Sometimes I wish I had swallowed the blue pill.
Me too but replace neocon with liberal.

They all prepare and McCain knows he's flailing.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:39 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizbin View Post
As was reported a day or two ago, Obama is prepared, McCain is not: Debate preps illustrate candidates' differing styles - CNN.com
This I agree with. McCain has dreaded the prospect of debating Obama since he first contemplated running for the presidency. Doesn't help that Obama is starting to pull away in the polls either.

Reminds me of a description of a Boxing match between Thomas "The Hitman" Hearns and Pipino Cuevas for the Welterweight Championship in 1980.

"Cuevas was a ferocious fighter who crushed bones with his shots. He was a vicious puncher with a real killer instinct, and a proud champion. But on this night, he looked across the ring and saw a 6'1" Praying Mantis, and from that moment on, the result was a forgone conclusion."

Hearns knocked Cuevas out in 2 rounds.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:45 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
This I agree with. McCain has dreaded the prospect of debating Obama since he first contemplated running for the presidency. Doesn't help that Obama is starting to pull away in the polls either.

Reminds me of a description of a Boxing match between Thomas "The Hitman" Hearns and Pipino Cuevas for the Welterweight Championship in 1980.

"Cuevas was a ferocious fighter who crushed bones with his shots. He was a vicious puncher with a real killer instinct, and a proud champion. But on this night, he looked across the ring and saw a 6'1" Praying Mantis, and from that moment on, the result was a forgone conclusion."

Hearns knocked Cuevas out in 2 rounds.
You people out in San Francisco always get the best weed.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:56 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,245,808 times
And now there is the domino effect. If the first debate gets delayed because McCain is not prepared, of course we will have to delay the VP debate because Palin is not (ever going to be) prepared: CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - McCain camp to propose postponing VP debate « - Blogs from CNN.com

Old 09-24-2008, 05:04 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,988,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine Chick View Post
The liberals are stunned again. They just do not know what to do.

McCain would never back down from this strength.

If Obama could multi task with things like this then why hasnt he showed us he can.

McCain is making Obama look like a fool.
The only thing I'm "stunned" about is how bad McCain and his sidekick have handled every situation. You should really be pitying them about now, the pro McCain cheer leading just isn't an effective way to get votes anymore

Old 09-24-2008, 05:15 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,249,829 times
this is the reason:

(CNN) — McCain supporter Sen. Lindsey Graham tells CNN the McCain campaign is proposing to the Presidential Debate Commission and the Obama camp that if there's no bailout deal by Friday, the first presidential debate should take the place of the VP debate, currently scheduled for next Thursday, October 2 in St. Louis.

In this scenario, the vice presidential debate between Joe Biden and Sarah Palin would be rescheduled for a date yet to be determined, and take place in Oxford, Mississippi, currently slated to be the site of the first presidential faceoff this Friday.

Graham says the McCain camp is well aware of the position of the Obama campaign and the debate commission that the debate should go on as planned — but both he and another senior McCain adviser insist the Republican nominee will not go to the debate Friday if there's no deal on the bailout.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:37 PM

2,215 posts, read 3,615,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
The Real Reason McCain Wants to Delay the Debates
So is the same reason loser Nobama would not debate McCain more then 10 times he asked?

Obama could not handle Hillary in the debates, how in the world do you think he can with McCain.

If this is a picture of Nobama then McCain is going to have some country fried chikin'.

Old 09-24-2008, 06:13 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,522,848 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections