Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 10:20 PM

877 posts, read 2,768,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art123 View Post
Is there anyone still defending this woman as fit to be VP, and possibly POTUS?

The debate with Biden should be interesting. She looks scared, scattered and insecure in this interview.
Yea, they were talking about that on 360 tonight. It appears as if the McCain campaign may have made an error in sheltering her from the press. Instead of letting her gain her footing on the national stage they shleltered her in a way that may have made her lose confidence in her abilities when speaking to a reporter. It's not a cool thing and I hope that her confidence is not truly shattered. I don't agree with her politics but that is a different subject.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 10:24 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I think he realizes that with the economy on the front burner, he's got to do something to make it look like he's a take charge guy...
Most importantly, he's realized that no matter how hard he tries to run this election not on issues but a mere popularity contest, it's not going to happen. So, after trying to run a campaign based on the issues, his camp has to figure out where exactly they stand on them.

Part of the problem with that is he has to somehow differentiate himself from Bush without alienating the 30-percenters (i.e. Bush supporters). He can't win without them. It boils down to damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:09 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,123,516 times
That interview was really painful to watch. How embarrassing for her! But I wonder if she realizes that it was embarrassing. Afterall, she doesn't blink, right? She just barrels on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
Did she really say at the end

"I'll try to find you some and I'll bring em to ya"

God help us...
Downright hokey. God help us all is right!

Old 09-25-2008, 11:13 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
You have to wonder if Alaska is really embarrassed right now. I'll bet that most of the folks up there didn't realize what a birdbrain this woman was before she exposed herself on the national stage. I've spent time in Alaska and most of the folks I know up there do not suffer fools gladly.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:43 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,123,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Couric: What are the pros and cons of it do you think?

Palin: Oh, well, some decisions that have been made poorly should not be rewarded, of course.

Couric: By consumers, you're saying?

Palin: Consumers - and those who were predator lenders also. That's, you know, that has to be considered also. But again, it's got to be a comprehensive, long-term solution found ... for this problem that America is facing today. As I say, we are getting into crisis mode here.

She never answered the question. She hardly even answers questions.

Nice...she put consumers and predator lenders on the same level.

I don't think she actually comprehends what's asked of her.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:46 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,155,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Most importantly, he's realized that no matter how hard he tries to run this election not on issues but a mere popularity contest, it's not going to happen. So, after trying to run a campaign based on the issues, his camp has to figure out where exactly they stand on them.

Part of the problem with that is he has to somehow differentiate himself from Bush without alienating the 30-percenters (i.e. Bush supporters). He can't win without them. It boils down to damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't.
Nah. The 30%ers are turning on Bush now too. He's a true lame duck President. They're against his bailout and blame him for everything. Yet they still parrot the same tired talking points that Bush's administration gave them for 8 years now. They don't understand that our war of terror will end if this bailout passes. We've been financing it through debt. At some point, we really have to stop.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:49 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,109,923 times
I'm almost sorry for her. She had reached her goal of governor in Alaska. By all accounts she was pretty popular there. She had her family life, her career, and probably felt pretty darn good about herself. Now she has been dropped into the deep end of the pool and looks silly in front of the entire world...including those in Alaska who will feel humiliated by their governor. If she and McCain lose (and I hops so much that they do) I think her career is pretty well shot and her life has been pretty well thrown into chaos. I wonder if she wishes now that she had blinked?

Old 09-25-2008, 11:54 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,155,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I wonder if she wishes now that she had blinked?
I don't feel sorry for her. She should have seen that she was tapped only for political gain. If she isn't smart enough to memorize the answers to the 10 questions every reporter wants to ask her about her experience, the bailout, the scandal, McCain himself, etc, she deserves what she gets. This isn't a PTA meeting. This is the future of our country.

But hey, at least she's not Nancy Pelosi.

I love this video:

YouTube - Dick Cheney vs. Nancy Pelosi: The Blink-Off

Old 09-26-2008, 06:31 AM

645 posts, read 909,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
I was amazed yesterday when I saw Palin's witchcraft video on MSNBC. It makes Ayatollahs look progressive.
You bettcha...

What's the difference between Palin and Muslim fundamentalists? Lipstick | Salon

Old 09-26-2008, 07:33 AM

1,518 posts, read 2,761,423 times
Boy did she sound stupid repeating the same already known to be false info on Davis' financial dealings with Freddie/Fannie. I would be really embarrassed to call that my candidate, lol.

OMG, I just got to the point about the mortgage moratorium (after her tripe interpretation of polls). She sounds like a complete imbecile! What does she do all day? Read periodicals? Katie's next questions should have been: Mrs. Palin, 'define' moratorium. LMFAO. This stupendous occasion deserves a new user title.

Last edited by tekka-maki; 09-26-2008 at 07:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections