Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 07:59 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,852,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
I think Obama is going to take the cheese that McCain tossed at him.

Do not forget, McCain asked Obama to fly to Washington with him and he refused today.

So, if he goes, it will be like taking candy from a baby.

Obama has a very hard time making a decision and McCain just showed how horrible Obamas decisions making skills are.

Obama put himself first and McCain put us first. Plain and simple.

We have been told Michelle wears the pants.
No, he just recognizes a cheap, desperate stunt when he sees one. McCain has not voted in the Senate since April, has no position on the banking committee, and admits he is no expert on the economy - what exactly is he going to "work on?" Answer: Trying to save his sinking campaign with a cynical stunt like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 08:03 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,410,132 times
Smile Who all thinks Obama will end up in Washington?

Quote:
Who all thinks that Obama will see this has backfired on him for making the wrong choice and will end up in Washington following the real leader McCain?

I think so, I think he will have no choice but to fly to Washington.

He has put himself in a huge hole here, if he does not go he will look like he does not care about this crisis and if he does go now he will look like he caved into McCains request and look like he cannot make a good decision on his own.

So who thinks he will fly to Washington?

I do.
No "thinking" required on this one, actually.

Obama has agreed to meet McCain and Bush at the White House today. He'll still be prepared for tomorrow night's debate. Let's see if Mack has built up enough confidence to appear. Or will he be hiding out in DC with nothing to do but wait for a yes or no vote on the bail-out bill put together by Chris Dodd?

BTW: neither McCain nor Obama sits on the Senate Banking and Finance Committee, the group that will craft the final legislation.

Bush asks Obama, McCain to White House: The Swamp

Quote:
Or do you think the stupid nut will stay in Florida being potty trained for the debate? It will look real funny Obama getting caught practicing for the debate when McCain is in Washington working to help us.

I kinda on the other hand hope he stays away, it will play right into McCains hands either way, but McCain can then abuse him on it.

I think McCain has put himself in a lose - lose position.

If he's a no-show tomorrow night, he looks frightened.

If he does appear, he'll look foolish for his knee-jerk decision to "suspend" his campaign in order for him to save the nation from ecnomic meltdown. After all, "the fundamentals of the economy remian strong", according to Mack.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:04 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,131,555 times
Quote:
So today he says he is not going to Washington and will go if needed.

The way I look at it is if he goes he will look like McCain being the real leader and him being the follower.

If he stays away he will look like he does not care.

So, many of you think he will go to Washington. So why is he already not there and what is he waiting on?

For me I believe that if he ends up in Washington after saying he is not going he will look like a he was putting himself first and will look as if McCain forced him to do his job.

I see McCain coming out the winner on this.
Obama used modern technology to keep in touch with the major players on this issue (You know, telephones.) McCain did not contact the major players but went to Washington without an invitation. Obama agreed to go to Washington when invited. McCain went without an agenda and without being on the committee. I would rather Obama multi-task, work on his debate and campaign, keep in touch with Washington, and be there when needed instead of acting as if he were already president and getting to Washington and simply being in the way with his finger up his a** until Thursday when needed.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:06 AM

1,286 posts, read 2,907,722 times
we can only hope little obama doesnt get in that office.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:16 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,702,579 times
Bush saved McCain's a$$ by calling for the photo op with McCain, Obama, and the leadership. Without this meeting, McCain would be in Washington with his thumb up his . . . with nothing to do, while the appropriate committees did their jobs.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:20 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,528,563 times
There will bothg be in Washinton this afternoon. McCain just looks silly. I loved Davis Letterman last night.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:26 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,296,928 times
Quote:
Who all thinks that Obama will see this has backfired on him for making the wrong choice and will end up in Washington following the real leader McCain?

He has put himself in a huge hole here, if he does not go he will look like he does not care about this crisis and if he does go now he will look like he caved into McCains request and look like he cannot make a good decision on his own.

I do.

Or do you think the stupid nut will stay in Florida being potty trained for the debate? It will look real funny Obama getting caught practicing for the debate when McCain is in Washington working to help us.

I kinda on the other hand hope he stays away, it will play right into McCains hands either way, but McCain can then abuse him on it.
With McCain sinking in the polls, you are now focusing on whether or not Obama goes to Washington? Somehow with you Neocons, I don't think he can win. He's damned if he does, damned it he doesn't. If he goes to Washington, you think this says something positive about McCain (pathetic). If he doesn't go to Washington, you will somehow say that he doesn't want to do his job in Washington (more pathetic). If he stands still, you say that he's not moving. If he's moving, you say that he should stand still.

Ludicrous, you Regressives.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:43 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,186,042 times
Quote:

I do.

He has already said he is going because president Bush ordered him there.
His party does not want him because he does not know what he is doing!
In a couple of days the rest of the country will know wnat we already do:
MCCAIN!08
OBAMA: NOT FIT TO CARRY MCCAIN'S BREIFCASE!!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:45 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,186,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
With McCain sinking in the polls, you are now focusing on whether or not Obama goes to Washington? Somehow with you Neocons, I don't think he can win. He's damned if he does, damned it he doesn't. If he goes to Washington, you think this says something positive about McCain (pathetic). If he doesn't go to Washington, you will somehow say that he doesn't want to do his job in Washington (more pathetic). If he stands still, you say that he's not moving. If he's moving, you say that he should stand still.

Ludicrous, you Regressives.

no we already know he is NOT FIT TO SERVE!!
OBAMA: sit down and shut your frigging mouth!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:46 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,543,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
no we already know he is NOT FIT TO SERVE!!
OBAMA: sit down and shut your frigging mouth!
He's fit. He has the judgment to lead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections