U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: What do you think?
This is a serious issue, and needs to be taken care of immediately by our candidates, debates aren't important now. 44 54.32%
No, I would rather see debates. Who cares about the economy. 37 45.68%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 07:54 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,661,533 times
Wait! Hold the presses... McCain didn't suspend his campaign. He just came out with a new smear ad. Apparently, he's doing other 'more important' things rather than taking care of the problems that face this country. Hypocrites, can we count on your vote this year? McCain himself has indirectly said, that your poll is hogwash and the smear talk express must go on...

Man, oh, man... do I hope the VP debate goes on... Palin takes even 'rehearsed questions' to an all time low. This is gong to be a massacre, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 07:56 AM

1,863 posts, read 2,105,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Wait! Hold the presses... McCain didn't suspend his campaign. He just came out with a new smear ad. Apparently, he's doing other 'more important' things rather than taking care of the problems that face this country. Hypocrites, can we count on your vote this year? McCain himself has indirectly said, that your poll is hogwash and the smear talk express must go on...

Man, oh, man... do I hope the VP debate goes on... Palin takes even 'rehearsed questions' to an all time low. This is gong to be a massacre, lol.
His campaign was NOT suspended at all - everything is still moving forward. He just "suspended" himself from going to the debate.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:40 AM

27,209 posts, read 19,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
So if they have the debate the economy will fail? And if they set it aside and do it next week instead of the VP debate then the economy will be okay?

Both candidates need to fully understand this.....

As has been stated before both candidates economic plans only make things worse.... 3.5 and 5 trillion worse... They both need to focus heavily on the economy if we haven't already fallen over the cliff we are tip toes over it.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:44 AM

2,779 posts, read 4,853,465 times
I'm going to watch both.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:44 AM

6,866 posts, read 12,485,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Your poll is ridiculous. It's like asking whether you'd rather have a job or take care of your family. It's possible to do both, so why choose?

McCain needs to take care of ALL of his business. He's asking people to make him president but doesn't want to give them two hours worth of information to help them decide.

Ah, but then, by your argument, you don't take care of your job and family at the same time, no? You go to your job, then come home and take care of your family.

I'm just sayin'.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:08 AM

4,175 posts, read 3,940,130 times
Now McCain is going to debate? Last I checked the country was not saved. Seems he actually screwed things up. Question to the 43 people who voted FOR McCain going to DC - is he a traitor? Afterall, he has come for the debates at the cost of the nation.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:12 AM

12,360 posts, read 7,854,695 times
you are correct, the country is still not saved. this is the time to stop all of the partisan bickering and tell our representatives that they work for us. i have previously posted the senate contact numbers and email.

here is the house of representatives phone number page to start bombarding them with refusal to accept this bailout.
Office of the Clerk
here is the email page for the house of representatives:
www.house.gov/writerep/

the american people better quit taking sides and stop this bill before they screw over the taxpayers of both parties.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:20 AM

4,063 posts, read 4,986,356 times
I guess we now know how John McCain would have voted on this poll!!

Now that those 2 senators will be going to Mississippi tonight, the economy will collapse posthaste!

Thanks for nothin' John!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections