Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 11:09 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,860 times

Advertisements

McCain supporters sound like children who won't believe that their precious "Daddy" isn't the superman they think he is? So bizarre. So totally bizarre. Here's a man who has proven, time and again, that he is violent and misogynistic. He has flip-flopped on more issues than you can count. He hasn't even shown up for work in Congress for over a year. Can't remember what he says from one day to the next. Has been asked NOT to come to D.C. in the midst of the crisis, but makes a big production of himself--cancelling the debate, posing as someone who will "lead" (really? he's offered nothing since the crisis began), etc. Clear as a bell. Yet when you point these things out to them, they either fall silent and forge ahead in their denial on another post, or act like the children they are in other ways--e.g., "If you substitute Obama for McCain in that post, it would work just as well"--i.e., they just turn the focus back on Obama. It's too crazy for words.

I hope he doesn't show up for the debate. Then this whole thing will be virtually over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 11:17 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Yep, we can stick a fork in McCain/Palin now.

One of them (repugs) followed me to the Alaska forum and got spanked by the mods for pulling that word switch bs on one of my posts.

I wonder if the next big political news involving Alaska will include the word "recall". Something tells me it just might.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yep, we can stick a fork in McCain/Palin now.

One of them (repugs) followed me to the Alaska forum and got spanked by the mods for pulling that word switch bs on one of my posts.

I wonder if the next big political news involving Alaska will include the word "recall". Something tells me it just might.
Seriously? I've been hearing rumors about a petition being drawn up for recall, but wondered if it were true or nothing more than rumor.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:20 PM

2,935 posts, read 6,714,410 times
I get the idea that being partisan leads to blind support of candidates not worthy of the attention. If you think this is unique to Republicans, I'm afraid you're part of the problem.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KantLockeMeIn View Post
I get the idea that being partisan leads to blind support of candidates not worthy of the attention. If you think this is unique to Republicans, I'm afraid you're part of the problem.
Yes, it can lead to that--on either side. But I've voted both Republican and Democrat, so no--I am not part of the problem.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:25 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Seriously? I've been hearing rumors about a petition being drawn up for recall, but wondered if it were true or nothing more than rumor.
It's possible; actually probable that there will be a petition--the sentiment is certainly there. Whether it will succeed or not..who knows. I think at this point that a lot of support for that would be found in the Native communities. But there is still the population of the Anchorage bowl to consider; a good part of the electorate there have lived in Alaska less than five years and tend to support a straight party ticket.

Whether it takes place or not, she has a lot to answer to with regards to the people of Alaska. This whole thing may really end up serving the state well--people have woken up a bit more now.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 09-24-2008 at 11:43 PM..

Old 09-24-2008, 11:27 PM

726 posts, read 2,268,525 times
I think the suspension thing is his strategy. Obama took a nationwide lead today.
If the elections were held today Obama was gonna win fair and square.

But I think McCain is doing that to get a lead up.
He's behind by 9 pts, and now he wants to show that he wants to help the crisis issue, so people can applaud that as patriotism.
This an election he's probably gonna do everything he can to win. Politicians will do anything to get there say.

The election is in less than 50 days, now is not the time.
I hope the debate commission or whatever, goes on with the debate....>>

Old 09-24-2008, 11:29 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
He doesnt respect his base. Neither does the entire Republican power structure. That has been painfully clear for years.

Can you respect a doormat? That's what their own base is to them.

And the poor base....well....

Old 09-25-2008, 05:32 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Well Bush hasn't done anything good in 8 years. and McSame wants to continue? Sure Johnny we want to continue the screw. NOT

Old 09-25-2008, 06:03 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
McCain supporters sound like children who won't believe that their precious "Daddy" isn't the superman they think he is? So bizarre. So totally bizarre. Here's a man who has proven, time and again, that he is violent and misogynistic. He has flip-flopped on more issues than you can count. He hasn't even shown up for work in Congress for over a year. Can't remember what he says from one day to the next. Has been asked NOT to come to D.C. in the midst of the crisis, but makes a big production of himself--cancelling the debate, posing as someone who will "lead" (really? he's offered nothing since the crisis began), etc. Clear as a bell. Yet when you point these things out to them, they either fall silent and forge ahead in their denial on another post, or act like the children they are in other ways--e.g., "If you substitute Obama for McCain in that post, it would work just as well"--i.e., they just turn the focus back on Obama. It's too crazy for words.

I hope he doesn't show up for the debate. Then this whole thing will be virtually over.

hahahahahahahaha
that is funny coming from someone who has bought the bullet that Obama
has ran the biggest scam of anyone in history running for president.
OBAMA: "VOTE FOR ME BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT"
we, that have seen him for the hack he is: "HUH?"
"you want our vote because you are running, that's it??"
OBAMA: "YEA"
YOU WHO HAVE FALLEN FOR THE SCAM:
"OBAMA WILL BE A GREAT PRESIDENT, BECAUSE HE IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT"
nope, nothing bizarre about that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections