Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 01:52 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,975,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post

And I like this part of McCain's plan:

JOHN McCAIN

• Track who receives money and give the public access to those transactions, including on the Internet.

Is he going to have an assistant do that for him?
Yes, because if Obama or anyone else did it I know they would personally write and test the HTML code for it, right? Thats what you are implying, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 01:53 PM

3,695 posts, read 11,370,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
Looks like they agree on most. They only thing I see is the assistance to families struggling to stay in their homes. That one has me uneasy. Wat does that mean one wonders? I don't want to bail out people who should not have even received a loan, or make their payments for them, or give them a lower fixed loan rate than anyone else can get. I'm all for helping as long as they don't get special treatment that other people can't get.
Obama talked about this earlier. He thinks that we should work with the mortgage holder and the borrower to come up with a new payment plan that would work for both. That way, the homeowner doesn't lose their home and credit rating, the bank still make interest on the loan and no one loses money. And the government doesn't have to bail out the bank.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:56 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,850,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Yes, because if Obama or anyone else did it I know they would personally write and test the HTML code for it, right? Thats what you are implying, no?
I'm implying that it's pretty incredible that anyone in the U.S. (who doesn't have some kind of physical or mental limitation) doesn't know how to use a computer. I even see homeless people at our downtown library using the computers. My 3 year old can use a computer.

I think he just threw that in there so people would say "Ooh, that's a good idea" even though he himself would have no idea how to conduct such a search.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
I'm implying that it's pretty incredible that anyone in the U.S. (who doesn't have some kind of physical or mental limitation) doesn't know how to use a computer. I even see homeless people at our downtown library using the computers. My 3 year old can use a computer.

I think he just threw that in there so people would say "Ooh, that's a good idea" even though he himself would have no idea how to conduct such a search.
Useless commentary.

Focus on the actual issues, its a good idea. Move on.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:01 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,724,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
That one is a little concerning. I would like to know what he means by that.
Yeah, I'm really worried that undeserving struggling families might get $1 billion of the total $700 billion. That only leaves $699 billion for those innocents struggling on Wall Street.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Useless commentary.

Focus on the actual issues, its a good idea. Move on.
You're right. McCain adding in that we should have access to these loan transactions on the internet (for which he knows nothing about) was useless commentary on his part.

But thanks for helping make my point.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:11 PM

Quote:
You're right. McCain adding in that we should have access to these loan transactions on the internet (for which he knows nothing about) was useless commentary on his part.

But thanks for helping make my point.
You are being foolish and short sighted.

McCain understands how the internet works, the purpose of his statement is to improve transparancey of the information, transparency is always a good thing when it comes to finances and the government. If you are so hell bent on trashing McCain that you cant get past the silly point you are failing to make, then its obvious that your main concern has nothing to do with improving the financial mess created by the current Democrats and Republicans.

Last edited by t206; 09-25-2008 at 02:21 PM..

Old 09-25-2008, 02:15 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,686,285 times
THe devil is always in the details. Right now, the plan is a grand total of 3 pages long and a newswire has a few bullet points for each candidate. Let us see how it turns out.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
You are being foolish and short sighted.

McCain understands how the internet works, the purpose of his statement is to improve transparance of the information, transparency is always a good thing when it comes to finances and the government. If you are so hell bent on trashing McCain that you cant get past the silly point you are failing to make, then its obvious that your main concern has nothing to do with improving the financial mess created by the current Democrats and Republicans.
Oh, so mr. enlightenment, what was your comment in this thread about "new fees" and "mr taxman" about? Elevating the discourse?

I could care less what McCain and Obama's stipulations are on this bill. They weren't even there to work on it, and it's already been approved.

In my opinion, the whole proposal should be thrown out.

If you don't like what I have to say, hit "ignore" or go to another thread or go outside and play.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:26 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,252,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
Looks like they agree on most. They only thing I see is the assistance to families struggling to stay in their homes. That one has me uneasy. Wat does that mean one wonders? I don't want to bail out people who should not have even received a loan, or make their payments for them, or give them a lower fixed loan rate than anyone else can get. I'm all for helping as long as they don't get special treatment that other people can't get.
That makes me uneasy too. Why should we we paying the loans for people who shouldn't have qualified for a home loan in the first place and the greedy bankers who gave the loans? WE didn't sign those mortgage papers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections