U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-25-2008, 06:02 PM
 
Location: East Chicago, IN
2,728 posts, read 2,591,514 times
Reputation: 1359

Advertisements

It's ****ed up because McCain cost that university 5 mil, which they probably had to scrape together in the first place. That right there is a straight contradiction to your "wanting to take care of the economic crisis."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-25-2008, 06:06 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,716 posts, read 31,036,129 times
Reputation: 6654
I have to say that when he said he had supported Bush more then 90% of the time, that sort of clarified who he was for me. I can't understand how anyone can support a man with that kind of voting record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2008, 06:10 PM
 
10,543 posts, read 11,682,359 times
Reputation: 2797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I have to say that when he said he had supported Bush more then 90% of the time, that sort of clarified who he was for me. I can't understand how anyone can support a man with that kind of voting record.
That statement is a distortion. That number came about by selecting a certain period of time where it was accurate. During that time, most people went along with the President on things like funding for the troops etc. You can choose to support him or not, but this is not an accurate representation os his positions. He was vocally against the President on many things particularly on how Iraq was being handled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2008, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Orlando
8,221 posts, read 10,949,170 times
Reputation: 4022
Didn't choosing Palin sacrifice any remaining credibility? I'm guess PTSD or Alzheimers has set in..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2008, 06:24 PM
 
1,881 posts, read 2,366,945 times
Reputation: 361
What will you do if he shows up tomorrow night?

Will you promise to never post again?

By they way, you are comparing a 5 million dollar risk over a 700 BILLION dollar deal to help save liberals from being the ones to blame for their failures?

Get real.

Another liberal who allows Obama to scam them making another moronic post.

So what your saying is if he was the President you would not want him to stop what he is doing to check on people who got us in this mess in the first place.

I really think the liberals know that McCain outsmarted the big ear blowhard and your mad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2008, 06:34 PM
 
Location: Apple Valley Calif
7,475 posts, read 19,569,061 times
Reputation: 5580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I have to say that when he said he had supported Bush more then 90% of the time, that sort of clarified who he was for me. I can't understand how anyone can support a man with that kind of voting record.
It's hard to compare, because dumbo has never voted at all, on anything. he is there for the power, not to serve mankind..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2008, 06:37 PM
 
Location: London UK & Florida USA
7,922 posts, read 7,619,461 times
Reputation: 2035
26 years in the Senate and hardly anything to show for it should lose him any credibility.He warned about this crisis in 2005, he's just rolled his sleeves up to sort it out in 2008. God help America if he discovers something in 2009, he'll get round to it next millenium.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2008, 06:49 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,716 posts, read 31,036,129 times
Reputation: 6654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
That statement is a distortion. That number came about by selecting a certain period of time where it was accurate. During that time, most people went along with the President on things like funding for the troops etc. You can choose to support him or not, but this is not an accurate representation os his positions. He was vocally against the President on many things particularly on how Iraq was being handled.
Interesting because those are HIS WORDS, he himself said he supported Bush 90% of the time.

McCain also distorts the reality that of taxation. He says that Obama is going to tax working families. The REALITY is that the taxes will only effect those making over $250,000 per year. I think they can afford it. Meanwhile McCain is FOR outsourcing American jobs, giving tax breaks to HUGE companies LIKE OIL companies, as if the oil companies haven't raped Americans enough already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2008, 06:57 PM
 
Location: Fort Myers, FL
1,286 posts, read 2,594,965 times
Reputation: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Didn't choosing Palin sacrifice any remaining credibility? I'm guess PTSD or Alzheimers has set in..
or the fact that it shows how DIFFERENT he is. now thats a CHANGE you can see and rely on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
26 years in the Senate and hardly anything to show for it should lose him any credibility.He warned about this crisis in 2005, he's just rolled his sleeves up to sort it out in 2008. God help America if he discovers something in 2009, he'll get round to it next millenium.
I know you have a hard to not believing or reading anything that isn't force fed to you by the liberal media. but take a moment and go read something.

John McCain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2008, 07:00 PM
 
Location: Albemarle, NC
7,730 posts, read 12,448,448 times
Reputation: 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Interesting because those are HIS WORDS, he himself said he supported Bush 90% of the time.
The one you're arguing with just admitted that what you said was true, but only for a specific period of time and as we all know, history began when McCain says it does. He was there, as a foot soldier, in the Reagan Revolution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top