U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-26-2008, 12:07 PM

289 posts, read 217,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2008 View Post
I must live in a different universe than you...

In mine, she is smart, intelligent, articulate

and her voter base grows day by day
Where are you getting this information. Quote a place please as all the major networks are stating that her numbers are dropping just like McCain. She's in way over her head. I live in Canada next to Alaska and the USA so I have foreign policy experience too right. Sounds kind of Stupid don't you think.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 12:10 PM

35,000 posts, read 22,542,099 times
Quote:
Of course I did...

and what I saw was a one-sided, biased Couric
Couric and the CBS Evening News risked a LOT to save John McCain's bumbling self two months ago. If anything they are biased toward that team. It's not Couric's fault if Palin cant answer questions - but if the handlers thought they could count on another edit job in the offing, and CBS risking the same ridicule gauntlet they had to run last time, evidently they gambled wrong.

(Or maybe Palin's most idiotic stuff was edited out. We'll never know.)

Old 09-26-2008, 12:23 PM

7,138 posts, read 9,235,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
+1

I have watched TODAY since before Katie, I just enjoy their format in a morning show. I was always amused that when Couric would interview President Clinton, she would practically sit on his lap and lick his face - smiling from ear to ear like a hopelessly amorous school girl.

In the Palin interview one could see the disgust on her face and the daggers in her eyes. IMHO some people are just horribly ineffective interviewers and cannot separate their profession from their politics.

Yes, I am surprised Katie girl is "being kept" by CBS. Thought she was on her way out...

It is interesting dynamic to see these interviewers suck up to Obama so brazenly. Note the two (one male one female) who recently interviewed Barry at Saddleback, and before sitting down looked up at him literally cooing and drooling over him, talk about disgust....

Old 09-26-2008, 12:25 PM

2,973 posts, read 4,475,744 times
Quote:
I must live in a different universe than you...

In mine, she is smart, intelligent, articulate

and her voter base grows day by day
Yes, you definitely live on another planet!!

Old 09-26-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Yes, I am surprised Katie girl is "being kept" by CBS. Thought she was on her way out...

It is interesting dynamic to see these interviewers suck up to Obama so brazenly. Note the two (one male one female) who recently interviewed Barry at Saddleback, and before sitting down looked up at him literally cooing and drooling over him, talk about disgust....
"Couric and the CBS Evening News risked a LOT to save John McCain's bumbling self two months ago. If anything they are biased toward that team."
Media Matters for America today criticized the CBS Evening News and anchor Katie Couric for airing an interview with Sen. John McCain that excised a false statement the Arizona Republican made regarding events in Iraq by splicing the video to include an answer he gave to a different question in place of his original false statement.
Media Matters - CBS News Covers For McCain (http://mediamatters.org/items/200807230004 - broken link)
On the CBS Evening News, anchor Katie Couric aired portions of an interview she conducted with Sen. John McCain, removing a part of a response in which he falsely asserted that the 2007 U.S. troop surge "began the Anbar awakening." Couric gave no indication that McCain's comments had been edited in any manner, nor did she otherwise note his falsehood.
Transcript and history here: Media Matters - CBS splices McCain interview clip, expunging his false claim on surge timeline and falsely suggesting he gave different answer

Old 09-26-2008, 12:30 PM

8,253 posts, read 7,830,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
If she doesn't drop out, someone definitely needs to sit and work with her on her incoherent responses to questions. Someone needs to make her watch her interview performances and point out to her how ridiculous she sounds. There is an art to answering a question that you don't know the answer to in an indirect kind of way, so it will still look like you know what you are talking about. Normal people do this on job interviews everyday.
I agree. I have Adult ADD so I have to focus very hard when I go on job interviews or I start to ramble. At one point, I became an expert at nodding and smiling. However, if someone throws a question at you that's totally unexpected, you still need to know how to use logic and reason to answer intelligently. There also isn't anything wrong with saying "I don't know." However, when you are running for VP with a 72 year old cancer survivor, there shouldn't be too much on-the-job training.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:32 PM

2,122 posts, read 1,630,924 times
That's unfair to Katie Couric, she was absolutely fair to Palin, If you look at the interview again couric even slowed her delivery down so that Palin understood the questions.
I dont care who wins the election, but be honest pedro 2008, she did'nt know the answers it's as simple as that.
McCain said she was an expert on oil, did you hear her answers at the town hall in Michigan, they were very fungible as she would say.
In England we have a few idiots in parliament but none are quite as unknowing as Palin.
I'm wondering how the hell she become governor, did no one else want the job?

Old 09-26-2008, 12:34 PM

8,253 posts, read 7,830,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastfl43066 View Post
Hi Pals,

I'm against the $85,000,000,000.00 bailout of AIG.

I think you are misinformed. It's a loan at a high interest rate. The government has taken over close to 80% of AIG stock. If you had money in a bank account and suddenly was going to lose everything because FDIC wouldn't cover it, you'd be humming a different tune.

If you worked for 40 years and rolled your 401K into an AIG retirement product because of its superior rating, you would have an entirely different attitude. It's absolutely the right thing to do. This has nothing to do with "greedy investors" as some have claimed. It's to keep people from losing their homes or starving. Plus, this isn't a gift. Most, if not all, of the money will be recovered.

Since this is off-topic I will not elaborate any further.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:36 PM

2,973 posts, read 4,475,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Hell, NO!!
She needs to stay put and the media needs to stick it up their ass
She has a lot of talent, if you are going to bash someone,
start with Biden!
Very productive, informative post

Old 09-26-2008, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I agree. I have Adult ADD so I have to focus very hard when I go on job interviews or I start to ramble. At one point, I became an expert at nodding and smiling. However, if someone throws a question at you that's totally unexpected, you still need to know how to use logic and reason to answer intelligently. There also isn't anything wrong with saying "I don't know." However, when you are running for VP with a 72 year old cancer survivor, there shouldn't be too much on-the-job training.
Palin was a cynical gamble - that she'd be enough of a distraction long enough to allow the Rs to keep their grip on the White House. They must have guessed they could train her in time for the debates. Oh well... "maybe we can get out of it!"

Successor to a 72-year-old cancer survivor - Just shows how much the Republicans care about the country. OR, how well they know the machinery of Washington - that they know it's truer than we think, "anyone can be President."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections