Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 06:47 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times

Advertisements

I don't know with whom he could replace her. I mean, who would want to be second choice to SARA PALIN?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 06:49 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,845,782 times
no, being 36 and a natural born citizen makes her qualified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEBAMA08 View Post
Everybody is biased to you McCain supporters, at least admit your VP needs a lot of work! She is cute, very smart, articulate and different, that doesn't qualify her to be a heart beat away from the presidency.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:52 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2008 View Post
Of course I did...

and what I saw was a one-sided, biased Couric

You had your mind made up before the interview

I had my mind made up before the interview

We both saw what we wanted to see...
Can you give me an example of how Couric was "one-sided" and "biased".

Are you aware of the fact that Couric actually edited a comment that McCain made in his last interview with her out so he wouldn't look bad?

Old 09-26-2008, 06:54 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
I think Sara Palin is an inadvertent example of truth in advertizing in that she perfectly represents the religious and suburban soccer mom base of Republican steeple that are too afraid to think.

I would live to debate Obama or Biden because it would be a real challenge. McSame would be fun to spar with but Palin would not be worth the time.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:56 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,145,451 times
Quote:
Of course I did...

and what I saw was a one-sided, biased Couric

You had your mind made up before the interview

I had my mind made up before the interview

We both saw what we wanted to see...
I do support Obama. However, I did not see what I wanted to see in the Curic interview. I hoped she would show me some insight, some intelligence, and I would be more comfortable in the event McCain gets elected. What I saw scared me to death. I don't dislike the woman, but I don't think she is qualified for the job. When the interview was over, I felt sorry for her.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:57 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Lightbulb Punking Palin...

By now, it should be clear to anyone capable of analytical thinking, that Palin is a Barbie doll, chosen cynically to be nothing more than a symbol by a desperate campaign.

She's in way over her head. The GOP is keeping her under wraps because as professional politicians they understand that letting her loose w/o handlers and w/o extensive coaching on what exact words to utter, she'll damage their effort. As we've seen, even with extensive coaching for the past month, she utters catch-phrases and campaign slogans in a pretty much random manner. She hasn't been able to offer a thoughtful response yet.

Will the Republicans replace her? On one hand, I doubt it. She has a following, and that's the right wing fringe they were concerned about losing in this election. On the other hand, McCain's campaign lurches around wildly, trying desperately to grab headlines by pulling stunts. They have to. They simply are NOT in a position to campaign on the issues. Dumping Palin in the near future would create more headlines and draw more attention w/o having to refer to those pesky issues.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:59 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,145,451 times
Quote:
Our Country is truly fractured and I think after this election, we could be broken with no way to reset the bone - it will have to be cut off

I've believed for several years now that our Country is absolutely doomed to be divided

You see it in our news media already

"We the People" have no real voice anymore

Congress, the House, the President, our state and local officials seldom do what is right for the people - they do what is right to get them more votes, kickbacks, and publicity
I am so afraid that you are right. All of the bad news this week and the way our "leaders" have responded to it actually had me almost in tears last night. What is going to happen to this country I love if we don't get rid of the greed, the corruption, and the partisanship that runs everything now?

425 posts, read 665,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
I do support Obama. However, I did not see what I wanted to see in the Curic interview. I hoped she would show me some insight, some intelligence, and I would be more comfortable in the event McCain gets elected. What I saw scared me to death. I don't dislike the woman, but I don't think she is qualified for the job. When the interview was over, I felt sorry for her.
Good - I'm glad to hear you were open-minded (I truly am)

I, on the other hand, am not open-minded, anymore

I like McCain

I like Palin

Obama/Biden scare the bejesus out of me!

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEBAMA08 View Post
Everybody is biased to you McCain supporters, at least admit your VP needs a lot of work! She is cute, very smart, articulate and different, that doesn't qualify her to be a heart beat away from the presidency.
Cute yes....but that's about as far as I'd go until the part about her being unqualified. That I agree with.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:05 AM

2,857 posts, read 6,723,418 times
Quote:
I must live in a different universe than you...

In mine, she is smart, intelligent, articulate

and her voter base grows day by day
You need to take those rose-colored glasses off. I was embarrassed for her. Her answers were lame! Putin flies over Alaska air space - wtf? She should have been able to answer the questions Couric asked. I would respect her much more if she would admit to not having much foreign policy experience. SHe could then go on to argue that neither does Obama, neither did Clinton, Carter, yadda, yadda, yadda. She could then go on to list her strengths (maybe a stretch there). To continue insisting she has pertinent foreign policy experience is an insult to the intelligence of the electorate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections