Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 09:45 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
She should not drop out. With all the bad economic news, we really need some comic relief.
The McCain/Palin ticket is like a circus full of clowns. It's pure comedy, yet embarrassing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 09:55 AM

1,316 posts, read 2,463,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2008 View Post
I must live in a different universe than you...

In mine, she is smart, intelligent, articulate

and her voter base grows day by day
Take off the glasses and open your ears. Listen to that interview with Katie one more time and tell me if you still think this person is "VP material". Time to get out of denial. To think she is a heartbeat away of being a "President" if McCain is elected scares me to death. SERIOUSLY!

YouTube - Palin On Foreign Policy

Palin still seems to think living next to Russia is some sort of " foreign policy experience". OMG... Is this women for real?

Old 09-26-2008, 09:56 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,332 times
I heard last night say that McCain tends to do these big things when he wants to try and change the subject or whatever. He has done this many times before like with the debate thing. Like picking Palin. It may work for a short time and then it goes away. They were saying that do you think he may remove Palin as another Maverick move? I think anyone who has heard her speak knows she knows nothing, unless she is pretending so that at the debate she surprises everyone. What it does so again is McCain ability to not make good judgements. There is no way that if McCain does win and I do not think he will that this women can lead this Nation. THe thought of that is scarry

Old 09-26-2008, 09:56 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,478,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo7 View Post
Take off the glasses and open your ears. Listen to that interview with Katie one more time and tell me if you still think this person is "VP material". Time to get out of denial. To think she is a heartbeat away of being a "President" if McCain is elected scares me to death. SERIOUSLY!

YouTube - Palin On Foreign Policy

Palin still seems to think living next to Russia is some sort of " foreign policy experience". OMG... Is this women for real?
Yes, she's for real. Take it or leave it....and I'm leaving it! Someone needs to physically place her back in Alaska for good...

Old 09-26-2008, 11:15 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Palin has little experience but is a quick study, if she is not beaten to a pulp and given half the chance any male candidate would be given. Just don't know what Biden's excuse is....he is a blithering, blundering idiot, but allegedly with many years of "experience". I don't think I have ever seen our cute "perky" Katie so severe and pinch mouthed. Disgust and loathing just dripping off her little body....
+1

I have watched TODAY since before Katie, I just enjoy their format in a morning show. I was always amused that when Couric would interview President Clinton, she would practically sit on his lap and lick his face - smiling from ear to ear like a hopelessly amorous school girl.

In the Palin interview one could see the disgust on her face and the daggers in her eyes. IMHO some people are just horribly ineffective interviewers and cannot separate their profession from their politics.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:17 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,186 times
Quite frankly, if a person can not even stand up to interviews by Katie Couric and Charlie Gibson, they have no business to be in a position where the fate of the world could hang on their ability to communicate clearly.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:18 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,859,938 times
So are you saying the Hannity interview was a good one? I think that no matter who interviews her, your side will be all up in arms about it. First it was Charlie and now Katie? Come on, those were not hard questions, she should be prepared to have good believable answers to them. She can't do this job, it's incredibly apparent and it is going to cost him the election.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:20 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
So are you saying the Hannity interview was a good one? I think that no matter who interviews her, your side will be all up in arms about it. First it was Charlie and now Katie? Come on, those were not hard questions, she should be prepared to have good believable answers to them. She can't do this job, it's incredibly apparent and it is going to cost him the election.
Honestly, as a business owner, I am much more afraid of your ticket - I can't afford it.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:34 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,859,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Honestly, as a business owner, I am much more afraid of your ticket - I can't afford it.
well at least you're being honest about it.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:40 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,205,986 times
Hell, NO!!
She needs to stay put and the media needs to stick it up their ass
She has a lot of talent, if you are going to bash someone,
start with Biden!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections