U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 07:33 AM

2,579 posts, read 2,174,832 times

Advertisements

Italy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 07:36 AM
NWS

721 posts, read 1,479,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutch5 View Post
Italy
Italy? Hmm, McCain didn't say anything about Italy.
I feel lost without his leadership in this matter. I wish he could multitask.
Guess we will have to wait till after he saves the country to find out his opinion on Italy.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:38 AM

2,579 posts, read 2,174,832 times
Lol.

Then you can talk to me?

Old 09-26-2008, 07:46 AM

171 posts, read 236,447 times
Quote:
to hear from all of those who have changed their mind about who to vote.
.. no .. I was for OBAMA and I`m fore OBAMA ..
OBAMA is the only right President for the US ..

8 years are enough .. that`s all ..

Old 09-26-2008, 07:47 AM

13,001 posts, read 15,338,301 times
No, I haven't changed my mind. I have been for McCain all along. I would have rather had another Republican nominee, don't agree with McCain on everything. But I don't agree with Obama on anything, so McCain it is.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:48 AM

1,861 posts, read 3,021,146 times
Quote:
I am following this election with great interest because I believe that its result will inevitably affect the rest of the world.
More and more I am realizing that it is really difficult for somebody outside the US to understand how people there make their choices simply because our cultures and history are quite different.

Therefore I am asking those who live in the US to help me undestand a bit better.

I am sure that whoever decided to change the candidate he/she will vote for must have done it after serious consideration and not lightly therefore their reasoning will be very interesting and illuminating.
Yes, people from all over the world are watching this. I work with people from China, Japan, Nigeria, France, UK, etc. and they say any presidential election in the U.S. is very important for the whole world.

I have always been for Obama, and even moreso now.

Old 09-26-2008, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
I find it interesting that people from around the world are interested in our election. They understand how important the US is in the world economy.
.. yes of course .. the world is small ..
but only the american government are stupid and don`t knbow anything about economy ... > Lehmann Brothers aso ..

Old 09-26-2008, 07:52 AM

1,137 posts, read 2,047,704 times
I am voting for Obama for the following reasons. I'll keep McCain out of it if you wish.

Healthcare: Obama has a plan to fix the broken healthcare system here in America. Currently I believe it is over 40 million people who do no have health care coverage. Under an Obama administartion, he would make healthcare more affordable, but not free, and mandate coverage for minors. as a result, people do have to work to afford coverage, so it's not a handout, but does help make it easier to reach.

War in Iraq: Obama has said from day one that the war was a mistake, and he was right. Once the war was underway, he said we should pull out and redeploy into Afghanistan and Pakistan to fight Al Quidea rather than "stabalize" a country that can afford to stabalize itself. Both Bush and leaders in Iraq have agreed with this plan.

Foreign Policy: Obama beleives in words first, and war if nessessary. As a result he's less of the cowboy that we have now, and this is likely the reason he is so preferred world-wide. Obama will speak not only to our allies but our enemies as well. Talking has never hurt. Appeasing has. I have confidense that America will never work to appease our enemies, but trying to come to a ground of understading is not to be avoided.

Energy policy: Obama beleives in a policy of developing renewable sources of energy that will actually eliminate our dependancy on foreign oil. Drilling off our shores is not renewable, and can only sustain us for so long. As a result, I feel that Obama's plan is more of the right direction.

These are the largest issues for me, and so that's why I've listed them here. If you want the opposing candidate in my arguements, I can plug him in as well, but I assume you'd like to keep this thread negativity-free. right?

Old 09-26-2008, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Adam29 View Post
War in Iraq: Obama has said from day one that the war was a mistake, and he was right.
.. that`s not a War ..
it`s occuptaion ...

Old 09-26-2008, 09:07 AM

6,567 posts, read 10,637,509 times
I was thinking of voting the lesser of the two evils and in such a way as to achieve a balance between the executive and legislative branches.

In view of the latest events, I am convinced that both parties are almost immeasurably corrupt and I may vote third-party or write-in just for the sake of a clear conscience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or