U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 01:15 AM

8,062 posts, read 16,186,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
We can pull it off, this effort is intergenerational and truly the American Movement. It is respected throughout the world and they are cheering for as we are the future of the world and not the history of the United States as the others are.
Cool, so will you be marching on Poland after you negotiate the takeover of the Czech Republic or are you going to go ballz out and conquer Britain or France first? See, this is EXACTLY the kind of "we rule the world" crap that people in other countries hate about us. But, carry on...just call it what it is. The Bowel Movement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 01:28 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,042,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Cool, so will you be marching on Poland after you negotiate the takeover of the Czech Republic or are you going to go ballz out and conquer Britain or France first? See, this is EXACTLY the kind of "we rule the world" crap that people in other countries hate about us. But, carry on...just call it what it is. The Bowel Movement.
I think you're confusing optimistic idealism for nationalistic imperialism.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:29 AM

2,765 posts, read 6,499,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post

That's because we are smarter.And cooler .
No, it's because you follow what's hip and popular rather than what's right.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
I think you're confusing optimistic idealism for nationalistic imperialism.
Ah, so you're admitting that Obama's unbridled ambition to run the world is the "optimistic ideal?" Thanks!

Barack Obama vows to 'change the world' - Telegraph

Note the sarcastic tone and do be sure to read ALL of the comments that follow.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:30 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,042,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Ah, so you're admitting that Obama's unbridled ambition to run the world is the "optimistic ideal?" Thanks!

Barack Obama vows to 'change the world' - Telegraph

Note the sarcastic tone and do be sure to read ALL of the comments that follow.
I don't know if we read the same article, but I saw several references to changing to world, and zero to Obama saying he wanted to "run the world". Could you point that out to me somewhere in that article?

Yes, he's optimistic, idealistic, and confident - which is why he's so attractive to us crazy young folk. Again, you confuse 'confidence', with 'cockiness', which is what Bush has in spades. He openly admits how his campaign got overconfident in New Hampshire. Looks like a man willing to admit errors, doesn't it?

Old 10-20-2008, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
I don't know if we read the same article, but I saw several references to changing to world, and zero to Obama saying he wanted to "run the world". Could you point that out to me somewhere in that article?

Yes, he's optimistic, idealistic, and confident - which is why he's so attractive to us crazy young folk. Again, you confuse 'confidence', with 'cockiness', which is what Bush has in spades. He openly admits how his campaign got overconfident in New Hampshire. Looks like a man willing to admit errors, doesn't it?
I see, so it's "confidence" that makes a man who barely learned where the restrooms were in the Senate office building think he's qualified to be the President? "Confidence" that makes him mock a plumber and denigrate him for simply asking a question? "Confidence" that makes his campaign play the race card on people who have LONG RECORDS of fighting for the less fortunate? "Confidence" that keeps him from having press conferences and giving regular media access to his Blessed Self?

And, sorry, but you misread "optimism" and "idealism" as over-powering ambition and a sense of entitlement. Typical of the young in the "entitlement" factor, though. You are SO gullible in believing that a new, hip package contains something certainly fabulous and preferable over something tried-and-true. Heh, you're the people who buy bottled water unquestioningly because everyone else does and insist it's better for your health, while ignoring the fact that most of the stuff comes from a city water supply.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:54 AM

5,230 posts, read 11,645,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback_06 View Post
Plus you are a big fat liar. Registration to vote for this election is over. Gosh. "The Dumbing of America: McCain/Palin's Base"
Really? Every state is different and although it is too late now to register in Texas, it isn't in every state.

Yes, "The Dumbing of America" and calling people big fat liars......how immature is that? Please don't make me have to retract an earlier post about young people being brighter than many older ones on these forums.

State by State Info*-*Declare Yourself

Old 10-20-2008, 06:13 AM

12,984 posts, read 15,324,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorback_06 View Post
Plus you are a big fat liar. Registration to vote for this election is over. Gosh. "The Dumbing of America: McCain/Palin's Base"
Before you call someone a liar, you'd better make sure you know what you are talking about. Speaking of the dumbing down of America - you jut proved it. The deadline to register in Kansas is October 20th, today, just as I said. And just as I said, of all the young people I know, ONE has bothered to actually register.

Last edited by luzianne; 10-20-2008 at 06:28 AM..

Old 10-20-2008, 07:25 AM

86,889 posts, read 102,319,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Of all the young people I know (and I know a lot of them cause my kids are 19, 20 and 23 and when they are around - home from college - their friends are here too), only one has bothered to register to vote. And the deadline is tomorrow.
Both of mine, 21 and 24, are registered and have their ballots.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:31 AM

15,400 posts, read 25,782,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Both of mine, 21 and 24, are registered and have their ballots.
That's great Katiana. I hope all you parents out there remind your kids to vote on election day, too. You grandparents, too. Schlep on over to the phone and call your grandkids Nov. 4. Tell 'em Sarah Silverman wants 'em to vote!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or