Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 10:09 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,592,691 times

Advertisements

Umm...if the Governor can travel miles and miles to deliver, the excuse would have to be INCREDIBLE for the Governor to miss the debate. Senator McCain has buckled under a National Crisis excuse....what kind of sniffles will the Governor have?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 10:18 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,628,484 times
Maybe I'm not being clear- the "emergency" will be manufactured. Not real. An excuse.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:49 AM

2,137 posts, read 3,858,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Given her less-than-stellar interview with Katie Couric, I'm sure the McCain campaign is looking for a reason to pull her from the VP debate. Here's my guess- she will announce some sort of medial emergency concerning one of her kids that necessitates her withdrawal. This is a move that will attempt to garner public sympathy and discourage criticism at the same time.

Now, before I get nasty messages, I AM NOT wishing ill upon her family. I am saying she will claim there is a situation which requires her to back out.

Thoughts?
Given Biden's truly entertaining gaffes nearly everyday...My Magic 8-Ball told me that Biden will drop out because of a medical emergency: His hairplugs are infected and need to be re-plugged.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:55 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,107,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
I think she'll drop out before next Thursday. Drop out of the race. I think McCain will bring in someone like Romney. I said this in a different thread, but I think this will be McCain's next "Hail Mary".
I can't imagine that a man of Romney's stature would accept being "second choice" to Sara Palin...can you?

Old 09-26-2008, 10:56 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,107,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmonellie View Post
Given Biden's truly entertaining gaffes nearly everyday...My Magic 8-Ball told me that Biden will drop out because of a medical emergency: His hairplugs are infected and need to be re-plugged.
You really seem hung up on Biden's hair. Is that as deep as your thoughts about him go? How do you feel about Palin destroying the atmosphere by using a can of hairspray a day to keep her beehive in place?

Old 09-26-2008, 11:15 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,715,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
McCain's campaign will call her into the office:

In Bill Lumbergh's voice - "Uh, yeah, we thought a nice set of anti-gay boobs that could shoot a gun would win us this election, but uh, yeah, we're gonna have to let you go. Apparently you're scaring the public. So uh, yeah, we're not gonna need to to come in this Saturday, or Sunday."
And there's an issue with your TPS reports ... didn't you get the memo?

Old 09-26-2008, 12:23 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,213,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
And there's an issue with your TPS reports ... didn't you get the memo?
And the TPS stands for "Total Political Stunt"! Which is what Caribou Barbie is!

If she were smart, she'd have turned down the offer, understanding that she was just being used politically.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:30 PM

2,080 posts, read 6,933,518 times
Next year, "Pitbull" Palin is going to take up Hugh Hefner's proposal and pose for PlayBoy. She'll need to take care of that baby momma that she calls a daughter and that redneck son-in-law and their meth addiction.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:06 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,858,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You really seem hung up on Biden's hair. Is that as deep as your thoughts about him go? How do you feel about Palin destroying the atmosphere by using a can of hairspray a day to keep her beehive in place?

Well, yes. The hairplugs say a lot about Biden. He is a silly little man who tries to fool people that he is not bald. Not an attractive quality in a man.

After the hairplugs, I would say his gasbag personality is the second thing I think of when I see him. He needs to just stop talking sometimes. But, you and I both know that he adores hearing his stories.

Gov Palin looks attractive and professional. But, I guess we disagree and you think Joe wins this personal attractiveness competition. That is funny.

Old 09-26-2008, 05:07 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,311,817 times
I predict that her daughter will go into 'preterm labor' and mom will be rushing to the hospital on debate night....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections