U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 09:53 AM

22,697 posts, read 16,176,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
I love the way he keeps the obama campaign, press and most everyone else off balance. John McCain will not be dictated to, he is a maverick and does things his way.

I dont want a predictable president I want one that will put his country first
Interesting way to define leadership - sort of like a rudderless ship, tossed to and fro at the mercy of the waves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 09:55 AM

1,688 posts, read 2,126,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I heard they just want to get hin out of Washington. I guess he is done helping.
He was more of a distraction than anything else.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:56 AM

3,698 posts, read 10,200,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
So, during the foreign policy debate, they will discuss the bailout?

Right.
Jim Lehrer, the moderator of the first debate, intends on asking questions about the economic crisis as well as foreign policy.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:57 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,084,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
What has changed that McCain now decides it's ok to attend the debate?
Dems are locking him out of the process. A rumor had come out that this afternoons meeting had been canceled. Then, fifteen minutes later, it was back on. What appears to have happened is that Dems called off the meeting in opposition to McCain. To get them moving forward, McCain had to capitulate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
You repub's will continue try and spin this thing until you get some sort of positive impact 4 McCain which won't happen and now you guys are in a such a PANIC and are grasping for straws. McCain is such a bonehead for doing this.....He looks to be lost to me...His campaign is in a complete meltdown -- no doubt about it
Actually, I think the Dems made a real bad move here. They're too frightened to push their bill through (with all the earmarks they were putting in-- Biden $51M while the nation's in trouble?!?) on their own because they'll not have a scapegoat if they screw it up. Now, Reps are in a much more powerful position.

It's all a game of position. It might very well be that McCain's presence forced a big concession on the Dems. I'm sure we'll hear about it at the debate.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:57 AM

3,698 posts, read 10,200,708 times
Quote:
I love the way he keeps the obama campaign, press and most everyone else off balance. John McCain will not be dictated to, he is a maverick and does things his way.

You want a president who destabilizes things to get his way? That's not leadership; that's petulance.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:00 AM

2,305 posts, read 2,718,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Dems are locking him out of the process. A rumor had come out that this afternoons meeting had been canceled. Then, fifteen minutes later, it was back on. What appears to have happened is that Dems called off the meeting in opposition to McCain. To get them moving forward, McCain had to capitulate.
So McCain ineptness is the Dems fault? The spin on this is incredibility deranged.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:00 AM

14,174 posts, read 23,211,765 times
Quote:

"Maverick" - snicker!

The man's ready for a retirement home, not the White house! He comes across as past his prime, wimpy, and flat out too old for the job. Sorry, but it happens to us all, if we live long enough. This whole "campaign suspension" was a joke and just made him look like a fool. My guess is one week from now, the polls will show he's done in this race.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:01 AM

281 posts, read 342,905 times
McCain will certainly be put to shame tonight. Obama is gonna tear him up. Of course, that's why he stalled with this debate.

They didn't want McCain in Washington anyway, he served no purpose. Might as well head on to Mississippi, and man-up for this debate.

5,396 posts, read 7,056,240 times
McCain is going to be severely embarassed tonight.

That pasty white face will be turning red as a tomato.

2,868 posts, read 8,617,384 times
Default So...now the debate is on...

Do all the repubs think he is still doing what is best for the country by LEAVING Washington without a plan in place? He is not sticking to his original plan and making sure a plan is in place before he debates...so what is up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or