U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:04 AM

1,287 posts, read 4,647,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
He never said he wouldn't.
Indeed he did. And he tried to get the Presidential Debate Commission to postpone the debate. Here's his exact quote from his initial statement about suspending his campaign.

"We must meet as Americans, not as Democrats or Republicans, and we must meet until this crisis is resolved. I am directing my campaign to work with the Obama campaign and the commission on presidential debates to delay Friday nights debate until we have taken action to address this crisis."

RAW DATA: John McCain’s Remarks on the Economic Crisis - America’s Election HQ

Also McCain's campaign advisor explicitly stated,

"McCain will participate in Friday night’s debate if a bill is passed by Friday morning."

See paragraph 16 in the attached article from Faux News...

McCain Suspends Campaign to Help With Bailout - America’s Election HQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 11:06 AM

1,551 posts, read 1,787,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Yeah I dont ever remember him saying he wasnt going to Mississippi for the debate.

Why are liberal sychophants at CD making up lies and working themselves into a feeding frenzy over it
Do you live on MARS? He wasn't going to go unless the crisis was resolved.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:07 AM

2,257 posts, read 3,516,221 times
Where did John McCain say, I will not be in Oxford MS Friday night for the scheduled Presidential debate. Bring the quote or

shut it

Old 09-26-2008, 11:08 AM

13,005 posts, read 15,346,756 times
Quote:
Where did John McCain say, I will not be in Oxford MS Friday night for the scheduled Presidential debate. Bring the quote or

shut it

Old 09-26-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
liberals lapping up the olberman koolaid. Mac never said he wouldnt debate, now hes going to embarrass the wet behind the ears slick talking punk from ill
He DID say he wasn't going to do the debate unless an agreement was reached! What is wrong with you people?!
Ohhhhhh i know. You're taking cues from the McCain campaign: Invent Your Own Reality.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:09 AM

13,005 posts, read 15,346,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
Do you live on MARS? He wasn't going to go unless the crisis was resolved.
Okay, you criticized him because he wasn't going to go. Now he's going and you're criticizing him for that.

McCain saw that his little stunt was backfiring. He thought the American people were stupid enough to buy his "McCain flying in to save the day" maneuver. He was wrong.

1,287 posts, read 4,647,821 times
Quote:

shut it
You obviously cannot read. I just posted it. No action has been taken and he's going to Mississippi anyway.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:10 AM

2,257 posts, read 3,516,221 times
still nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLDanford View Post
He DID say he wasn't going to do the debate unless an agreement was reached! What is wrong with you people?!
Ohhhhhh i know. You're taking cues from the McCain campaign: Invent Your Own Reality.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:10 AM

1,836 posts, read 2,885,360 times
Quote:

shut it
CNN.COM

Earlier Wednesday, McCain announced that he would suspend his campaign to go to Washington and participate in negotiations on the bailout plan, and he called for a postponement of Friday's presidential
debate. [SIZE=1] [/SIZE][SIZE=1]Watch McCain's announcement [/SIZE]

His campaign suggested that he would skip the debate if Congress hadn't passed legislation addressing the crisis by then. Obama, however, said the debate in Oxford, Mississippi, should go forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or