Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:45 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,152,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
The only thing that will be eating Biden alive is not being able to outright laugh at her pathetic dancing around the talking points.
I hope he does. Biden was wrong on the idea to divide Iraq, but I think his knowledge base goes a long way beyond Palin's. In fact, his house is just about the same distance from Moscow as Palin's offices in Juneau.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 11:45 AM

1,348 posts, read 3,585,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
What's with all the woman hating against Palin on here? If she was a political insider and butch-looking like Clinton would that make you guys happy?

It probably has to do with the fact that Sarah Palin is an evangelical religious kook who thinks the earth is 6000 years old, doesn't believe in stem-cell research, and doesn't know what the "Bush Doctrine" is.

She's dumb, just like Boosh.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:47 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,369,826 times
Quote:
I would expect something a little more thought out than that from a mod. "Moose-skinning techniques?" C'mon, that's just dumb.

You missed the whole point completely; it just whizzed by your head. You put Palin in a room with Biden and you will have a very unconventional debate. Palin's loud, womanly voice, quick thinking, and ability to 'captivate the crowd' will overshadow whatever veteran slime ball techniques Biden has up his sleeve. Palin certainly does not fit the "Washington molds", which makes her hard to prepare for. That's why crazy liberals don't like her, because they can't CATEGORIZE her.
When are you guys going to learn that it's going to take more than "captivating the crowd" to win this election?? Despite what the McCain camp seems to think, the American people are intelligent enough to see beyond her "persona" and realize that she's not ready for the role she's been selected to seek. Of course, there are the hard-line republican sheep that would vote for McCain even if he had Bin Laden as his running mate because they'd figure that was "just John being a 'maverick' ", but the rest of reality will take a bit more convincing.

And no, she doesn't fit the "Washington molds", but what does that have to do with her knowledge, or her ability to make voters comfortable that she's a good choice? I noticed that you haven't answered my question regarding a topic that she'll be better versed in than Biden- I'm assuming you haven't been able to come up with any?

Lastly, you say that she's not going to be "easy to prepare for", and that's one point I'll agree with you on- lord knows that based on her recent interviews and town halls, there's no telling what kind of irrelevant babbling will come out of her mouth........

Old 09-26-2008, 11:48 AM

1,372 posts, read 3,763,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Palin lacks experience has nothing to do with anything else.
She likes to compensate with confidence but doesn't change the fact that she knows close to nothing compared to Biden.

However I am not sure Biden won't give her a pass in the debate and thus blow it .

We have entered a new era of Politics. I'm sure Biden wants to come out swinging and make Palin look like an idiot. But he can't do that for many reasons, most notably because it will lack class and make him look like an ass. Plus, Palin is a woman; a lady, to be more specific. Palin has a proven record of crowd pleasing. I think that once Biden lets her have the bacon she will run with it...

Old 09-26-2008, 11:49 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times
Quote:
What's with all the woman hating against Palin on here?
You might start with Palin's insistence that women who get impregnated from a rape carry their rapist's baby, bar none.

I mean, seriously though, I could go on...

Old 09-26-2008, 11:49 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,962,065 times
I've decided the Obama campaign is so crafty that they have recruited people to pose as the most stupid republicans ever and gotten them to post here. Kudos! That can be the only explanation for some of the posts in this thread. Or McCain himself has learned to use a computer and is posting under several aliases.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:51 AM

1,372 posts, read 3,763,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
When are you guys going to learn that it's going to take more than "captivating the crowd" to win this election??
Uh, votes maybe? Who comes to the polls to vote? Large "crowds" ??? I didn't bother reading the rest of your hogwash.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:53 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,593,556 times
Cool Preemptive Strike

"mccain is the leader we need, he went to washington and fixed the bailout the librals tried to force on us now ther scard that Macccin/palin 08 will be presdent, he will smash dumbama att he debate bwahabwabwaaahhahahaaa" - Preemptive Strike, not just a myth, it's a Doctrine.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:53 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times

Old 09-26-2008, 11:54 AM

2,868 posts, read 9,550,094 times
They could have at least put a better picture of him on that poster... Maybe;

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections