U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 01:42 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,352,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I wonder? What's it like having your worldview fed to you on a nice, partisan platter where you don't ever have the curiosity to seek out and verify on your own?:

Release of McCain's Medical Records Provides Unusually Broad Psychological Profile - New York Times (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=980DEFD7133EF935A35751C1A96F9582 60 - broken link)
Hand picked media were allowed to see 1000 pages of McCain's medical records, they were not allowed to take notes/make copies or speak to medical experts for clarification/definition of what they were reading.

I guess that can be translated into releasing his medical records.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 01:43 PM

5,527 posts, read 8,974,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Hand picked media were allowed to see 1000 pages of McCain's medical records, they were not allowed to take notes/make copies or speak to medical experts for clarification/definition of what they were reading.

Pretty scary when a candidates medical records have more pages than the proposed $700 billion bail out

Old 09-26-2008, 01:44 PM

14,174 posts, read 23,310,229 times
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing.

The problem is, Obama being #1 has set the bar SO LOW, that one cannot say Palin is a "bad choice" without also simultaneously believing Obama is as well.

DO you think Obama knew half as much as he does now when he began campaigning? Do you think he knows half as much as he should?

One moment that convinced me Obama was way out of his league was during a debate with Hillary. The moderator posed a question about the new Russian Prime Minister (President?).... it was not asked of either in particular.... Obama's head whipped right around to look at and defer to Hillary, who started to answer the question. She knew what the guy's name was, and she knew the situation. When Obama had a chance to speak, it was only, "I agree with Hillary." You KNOW if the moderator had asked HIM, directly, he would not have known what to say, and especially would not have known the guy's name!

The guy is not ready. Period. Neither Obama nor Palin are ready to lead the largest economy and militaryi in the world. Only problem is, there's a 100% chance the inexperienced deer-in-headlights will be president if Obama wins, and maybe a 5% chance McCain will keel over in a few months as Palin catches up to the "experience" Obama has "now."
Putting Obama on the same level as Palin is just flat out insulting! Neither Bush II nor Clinton had any more "experience" than Obama. Obama has the education and by listening to him speak, the man knows what he's talking about. You base your entire opinion of him off a head turn during a debate with Hillary? At least I can give you my personal spreadsheet of why I believe Palin has no right or reason to be VP or President.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:45 PM

22,916 posts, read 16,299,996 times
I am not a Palin supporter, but I think the 'insiders' need to keep their opinions to themselves. They got what they 'paid' for. She is exactly what she was advertised to be - a hockey mom who rose from the PTA to the governorship of a lightly populated, insulated state. Now that she's living up to her 'promise' they want to throw her under the bus?

The only ones 'clueless' in this little charade are those who believed that you can make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:46 PM

8,062 posts, read 16,226,145 times
ED SCHULTZ???????? OH, you must be joking. That guy is the biggest GOP hater and hothead I've ever seen on TV. He's a total butt.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:46 PM

35,306 posts, read 19,335,180 times
Default McCain Camp insiders say Palin "clueless"

So, in other words, she's exactly what she appears to be. That's a rare quality among politicians.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:50 PM

17,297 posts, read 25,723,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Putting Obama on the same level as Palin is just flat out insulting! Neither Bush II nor Clinton had any more "experience" than Obama. Obama has the education and by listening to him speak, the man knows what he's talking about. You base your entire opinion of him off a head turn during a debate with Hillary? At least I can give you my personal spreadsheet of why I believe Palin has no right or reason to be VP or President.

No. Obama and Palin are the same amount of "qualified."

If you're talking about BILL CLINTON< HE was the GOVERNOR of a state for multiple terms. Obama was a part time state legislator, and a US Senator for a hundred and some days.

Obama is NO better than Palin experience wise. It's actually sad watching him. I can give you MANY more reasons why I believe Obama has no right or reason to be VP or President to. It's not just a "look"... though the look spoke volumes.

Obama should just play President on TV. He has no business commanding the largest economy and military in the world, and I don't trust him at ALL to do it.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:51 PM

17,297 posts, read 25,723,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post

Yeah, actually, it is. Obama released a page from his doctor saying, "he's healthy."

With his years of drug use and chronic smoking problems, however, I think we are entitled to know what's going on. I'd also LOVE to see his psychological profile. I think he'd be diagnosed with Narcissim.

Old 09-26-2008, 01:53 PM

22,916 posts, read 16,299,996 times
Quote:
I think he'd be diagnosed with Narcissim.
Do you honestly think that there has been a single president who hasn't suffered from that particular 'affliction'?
You don't think Sen. McCain's 'white hat' act wasn't a wee bit narcissistic?

Old 09-26-2008, 01:54 PM

8,190 posts, read 12,344,763 times
Quote:
With his years of drug use and chronic smoking problems, however, I think we are entitled to know what's going on. I'd also LOVE to see his psychological profile. I think he'd be diagnosed with Narcissim.
Better narcissism (which can be ok in healthy doses) than schizophrenia and senility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or