Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2008, 08:52 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Obama was very pissy and petulant.

Mac got under his skin.
mccain was his tonue and laughing in embarassment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 08:53 PM

500 posts, read 910,182 times
Palin wouldn't do an after debate interview!!!!!!!! How pathetic!!!!!!!!!!bwahahahahaha

Old 09-26-2008, 08:54 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Very interesting Debate.

No knockouts in this one Both candidates managed to be aggressive. Obama was gracious in his admittance of concede the point, however, he still threw some major ties and attacks. He appeared more Presidential and this was a plus. Senator McCain appeared knowledgeable and this was a plus. Senator Obama seemed to be dogged in his determination to protect the middle class, Senator McCain slightly less so.

Senator McCain made the experience argument and was aggressive with this point; however, he dodged significantly, his culpability in the mess in Iraq and how it has led to a failed endeavor to keep us safer as well as his culpability in Afghanistan, and how it ties into our sinking Economy.

The Russia issue was a wash.

On the truth in statements battle, slight edge to Obama for specifics, don't get me wrong Senator McCain held his own, but it was old History.

All in all, Senator Obama appeared more Presidential, Senator McCain appeared to be an Excellent Senior Senator. Draw. This comes down to key disagreements between the Party's, the Candidates and their Supporters.

This will be an issue and Vote ultimately of who has the better process for dealing with the issues before the American People.

This, as I've said before, will be interesting.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:57 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Obama stutters, like a fool.
Not all stutterers are "fools," what's wrong with you?

Sometimes you even outdo yourself, sanrene.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:58 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,661,209 times
Quote:
All in all, Senator Obama appeared more Presidential, Senator McCain appeared to be an Excellent Senior Senator. Draw. This comes down to key disagreements between the Party's, the Candidates and their Supporters.

This will be an issue and Vote ultimately of who has the better process for dealing with the issues before the American People.
I agree it was a draw but I think at this point in the election process undecided voters will look more toward the candidates personalities than issues. The people that wait this long to decide tend to be gut voters and the likability of the candidate plays a big part in that.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:59 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,648,036 times
I don't think anyone hit it out of the park tonight. I will say that Obama seemed lacking in his delivery. as a previous poster said, he seemed "on the ropes" a few times. No way is McCain a warmonger. he is definitely not looking for it, but would certainly follow through if need be. McCain showed that he does have a lot of experience and has command of all of his faculties(since people think he's too old). I don't think either of them answered the question about the financial bailout and how it would effect their administration.

15,446 posts, read 21,354,685 times
This debate starkly revealed the differences that exist between a conservative and a liberal on foreign affairs. Obama could not have won this with a teleprompter but I expect he will do better than McCain in a debate on domestic issues. We shall see.

594 posts, read 1,044,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Senator Obama appeared more Presidential
What does this even mean???

Old 09-26-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
How many times did Obama say "I agree with John"?

How many times did John say "obama is wrong".
As many times as Senator Obama told him he was lying (Senator, John, "that's not TRUE")

Old 09-26-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatManDoo View Post
What does this even mean???
It means exactly what I wrote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections