U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Who won the 1st Presidential Debate
McCain 124 32.04%
Obama 194 50.13%
It was a tie 69 17.83%
Voters: 387. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-27-2008, 12:03 AM
 
Location: Texas
835 posts, read 1,196,401 times
Reputation: 173

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Well said. That was how I saw it also. I am not a big McCain fan, but the difference was just so obvious in how well each knew the subject matter. McCain can just talk so knowledgeably about each of these foreign policy situations. It is not something he had to study up on, it's something he has lived for years and you just cannot replace that.
I agree but the left spin is that he is talking about the past. History repeats itself...isen't that the reason we take it every year in school. Doesn't it take time to build a relationship and trust with an ally...
needless to say since Obama agreed with McCain 8 times during the debate how much really can the left spin it?

Since Obama agrees so much I say we just elect McCain and save money:
A president's pension currently is $191,300 per year, until he is 80 years old.
Assuming the next president lives to age 80.
Sen. McCain would receive ZERO pension, as he would reach 80 at the end of two terms as president.
Sen. Obama would be retired for 26 years after two terms and would receive $4,973,800 in pension. Therefore it would certainly make economic sense
to elect McCain in November, 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-27-2008, 12:06 AM
 
1,647 posts, read 2,319,498 times
Reputation: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Okay... CD people harmoniously consider Applebee's a "great night out" and drive Toyota Prius's. The women on here are notoriously activist and probably have multiple cats and eat ice cream by themselves at night. The men on here are mostly wimps.

CD is by no means a bellweather for predicting the election...

SOP: blame the media, the forum, the messenger because you don't like the message.

that is clear wimpy behavior, maybe you got something there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 12:09 AM
 
1,647 posts, read 2,319,498 times
Reputation: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
I agree but the left spin is that he is talking about the past. History repeats itself...isen't that the reason we take it every year in school. Doesn't it take time to build a relationship and trust with an ally...
needless to say since Obama agreed with McCain 8 times during the debate how much really can the left spin it?
Not only does McSame talking about the past, he wants to repeat it. 8 times out of 90 minutes, hmmm, needless to say, the other 85minutes, Bush clone took over McBush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 12:09 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX
7,183 posts, read 16,275,475 times
Reputation: 3474
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Okay... CD people harmoniously consider Applebee's a "great night out" and drive Toyota Prius's. The women on here are notoriously activist and probably have multiple cats and eat ice cream by themselves at night. The men on here are mostly wimps.

CD is by no means a bellweather for predicting the election...
Look, I know CD forumers. How dare you imply that they consider Applebees a great night out!!!

So big mean bear, whether you are in the cat lady or wimp category, or as your handle suggests a hairy gay guy...

WIN - OBAMA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 12:15 AM
 
1,369 posts, read 3,356,351 times
Reputation: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
Not only is he talking about the past, he wants to repeat it. 8 times out of 90 minutes, hmmm, needless to say, the other 85minutes, Bush clone took over McBush.
Allrght 'person'... what an existential screen name! I could school all you goofy liberals on existentialism and abstract theory, but you wimps are too into cats and wimpy things to stand up to a real bear!!!

One prediction for this election by Big Mean Bear!

If you pay little or no taxes, have little or no 'responsibility', and have no aims at becoming anybody other than an 'activist', you have a 99% chance of loving O-Bomb-A... Sorry folks, I have a lot of responsibility, I pay a **** load of taxes every year, and I aspire to become something more *without* the government's help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 12:23 AM
 
Location: AZ
383 posts, read 538,672 times
Reputation: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifice View Post
I agree but the left spin is that he is talking about the past. History repeats itself...isen't that the reason we take it every year in school. Doesn't it take time to build a relationship and trust with an ally...
needless to say since Obama agreed with McCain 8 times during the debate how much really can the left spin it?

Since Obama agrees so much I say we just elect McCain and save money:
A president's pension currently is $191,300 per year, until he is 80 years old.
Assuming the next president lives to age 80.
Sen. McCain would receive ZERO pension, as he would reach 80 at the end of two terms as president.
Sen. Obama would be retired for 26 years after two terms and would receive $4,973,800 in pension. Therefore it would certainly make economic sense
to elect McCain in November, 2008.
Allright...that was funny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 12:34 AM
 
Location: Texas
835 posts, read 1,196,401 times
Reputation: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by person View Post
Not only does McSame talking about the past, he wants to repeat it. 8 times out of 90 minutes, hmmm, needless to say, the other 85minutes, Bush clone took over McBush.
History repeats itself....1930's stock market crash.....2008 stock market crash....S&L scandal of the 80's.....Fannie/Freddie 2008 (same concept both involve theft of taxpayers in the amount of 1 Trillion dollars)
Iran in 1979......Iran in 2008
Oil prices and shortage in 1970......oil prices and shortages in 2008
Dictator regime hates the jews 1937 (Hitler)......Dictator regime hates the jews 2008 (Ahmadinejad)
Do you need me to go on?
I want the guy that has been through it and knows how to handle it....not the guy that agrees with McCain 8 times because he just doesn't know what else to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 12:36 AM
 
1,369 posts, read 3,356,351 times
Reputation: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Look, I know CD forumers. How dare you imply that they consider Applebees a great night out!!!

So big mean bear, whether you are in the cat lady or wimp category, or as your handle suggests a hairy gay guy...

WIN - OBAMA
You must be gay... The only other people who hinted that my screen name had a gay connotation were a pair of gay guys from San Francisco. Apparently 'bear' is some kind of sexual act or manouver performed by gay men...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 12:37 AM
 
Location: North Carolina
795 posts, read 1,232,056 times
Reputation: 228
I thought they were both pretty bad. They don't understand our economy, they don't understand the world, and they don't understand how our government actually works. They are totally clueless on how to pay for the bailout without hurting the economy and the #1 issue is the economy. They are both for nation building at the cost of suffering American families. All the political analysts I watched after the debate were either retarded or have selective hearing. I don't see how anyone could be happy with either candidate after this debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 12:39 AM
 
Location: Texas
835 posts, read 1,196,401 times
Reputation: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
I thought they were both pretty bad. They don't understand our economy, they don't understand the world, and they don't understand how our government actually works. They are totally clueless on how to pay for the bailout without hurting the economy and the #1 issue is the economy. They are both for nation building at the cost of suffering American families. All the political analysts I watched after the debate were either retarded or have selective hearing. I don't see how anyone could be happy with either candidate after this debate.
Who do you want to vote for if not McCain or Obama?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top