U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 12:00 AM

1,647 posts, read 2,315,523 times

Advertisements

We learn that McBush will be as pathetic a president as GWBush if elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 12:03 AM

14,404 posts, read 26,167,720 times
Right now...

Economy > Foreign Policy

Oh yeah....independent here.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:03 AM

7,281 posts, read 19,027,547 times
We learned that politics are politics and the same rhetoric is said every 4 years and everyone goes crazy about it all.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:37 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,162,149 times
That McCain, for whatever reason, never looked at Obama.
That with McCain's age and years in government, that obviously he has more experience. It's whether or not that experience is a value.

I know that this is not a 100% foolproof analogy, but in business, we very often refrain from hiring managers with lots of experience. The thought is that they are too hard to "retrain" to our company's values and ways of doing things.

I'm a hiring manager with an opening in my office and after interviewing 3 very experienced candidates with industry experience, I sensed that they would be hard to manage. They have been in the industry for too long and are very set in their ways. This came across loud and clear during 2 interviews with each candidate. So now our Corporate Recruiter and I are going in a different direction and looking at candidates with some experience, but not within our specific industry and with much less experience. It has nothing to do with budgets or salaries.

Experience can be a good thing. But too much experience can also be a a deal breaker.

I think McCain is an good man. I think he's of very sound character and I would not panic or freak out if he won. However, his age and medical history concerns me. As much as I may be okay with him being the President, the idea of Palin being the President in unacceptable to me. Governors can make great Presidents. Reagan and Clinton came from that cloth. I just don't feel confident in her abilities and she's too hard lined for me on some issues.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:40 AM

14,404 posts, read 26,167,720 times
Palin is either too hardline on issues - that is, the ones she has even a fraction of a clue about.

Anyone who watched that interview with Katie Couric and still thinks she's fit to be president must've hit the mute button.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:42 AM

2,294 posts, read 5,590,384 times
McCain is a hypocrite, Obama is too inexperienced. Also, Obama looked strung out, like he was on something McCain's tone is such that you kind of want to punch him.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:44 AM

3,283 posts, read 4,659,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleanmaxx Brian View Post
If you watched this on CNN and watched the scoring at the bottom you learned a few things...
1, Republican supporters liked McCain
2, Democrat supporters liked Obama
3, INDEPENDENTS like Obama

Guess what? ...#3 is all that counts at this stage of the race!

i learned that the system is broken!

Old 09-27-2008, 02:04 AM

14,746 posts, read 13,256,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
McCain didn’t wear a flag pin. Bad bad John.
But McCain earned his right not to wear a pin by being a POW.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:07 AM

3,283 posts, read 4,659,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But McCain earned his right not to wear a pin by being a POW.
no, what mccain earned by being a pow was the right for nobody to question his military experience!

i'm sorry but being a good foot soldier or pilot or sniper does not make you a good general!!!!

Old 09-27-2008, 07:58 AM

1,748 posts, read 4,925,215 times
I thought McCain was extremely condescending. His "Obama doesn't understand" was pretty offensive especially when the rebukes clearly showed he did understand. The fact that McCain has been around and kept recalling history is not going to appeal to a vast majority of voters who are younger and really don't care what during the the history phases he was referring to. And I am not saying those periods in American history don't matter they just won't strike a chord with many voters. To many voters... it just solidifies his senior citizen status. In my opinion of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or