U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 10:54 PM

66,328 posts, read 30,210,361 times

Advertisements

From the Gateway Pundit article you posted...
Gateway Pundit

McCain:
"What Senator Obama doesn't understand is that without precondition you sit down with someone who has called Israel a stinking corpse and wants to destroy that country and wipe it off the map, you legitimize those comments. This is dangerous. This isn't just naive..."

And Hillary's comment when she slammed Obama on the same issue:
"Well, I will not promise to meet with the leaders of these countries during my first year. I will promise a very vigorous diplomatic effort because I think it is not that you promise a meeting at that high a level before you know what the intentions are. I don't want to be used for propaganda purposes. I don't want to make a situation even worse."
An Obama Flub at the YouTube Debate?

This repeated ineptitude by Obama, and complete lack of understanding of the nuances of foreign affairs, is just one of many reasons why Obama is nowhere near ready to be President of the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 11:06 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,384,879 times
Quote:
From the Gateway Pundit article you posted...
I did not post that, I posted a link to an article written in March 2008(see post #6). Sanrene was the original poster who gave the Gateway Pundit link. Spin it however you link but the fact is that Obama was correct in what he said and McCain is getting his buddy to cover for him after the fact. Were Kissinger really concerned about his remarks being taken out of context then he should have clarified himself before now.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:20 PM

66,328 posts, read 30,210,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
I did not post that, I posted a link to an article written in March 2008(see post #6). Sanrene was the original poster who gave the Gateway Pundit link. Spin it however you link but the fact is that Obama was correct in what he said and McCain is getting his buddy to cover for him after the fact. Were Kissinger really concerned about his remarks being taken out of context then he should have clarified himself before now.
I didn't quote you in my post. I know sanrene posted the Gateway Pundit article - my post was in reply to sanrene's OP, though it didn't quote any of sanrene's words.

The rest of your post is just bizarre spin that doesn't make sense. Kissinger didn't need to correct Obama after the YouTube debate because Obama didn't refer to Kissinger when bungling his answer then. Kissinger DID need to correct Obama after tonight's debate because Obama misrepresented Kissinger's position on foreign affairs during tonight's debate.

Last edited by InformedConsent; 09-26-2008 at 11:39 PM..

Old 09-27-2008, 12:02 AM

1,881 posts, read 2,409,678 times
Kissinger Unhappy About Obama
Henry Kissinger believes Barack Obama misstated his views on diplomacy with US adversaries and is not happy about being mischaracterized. He says: "Senator McCain is right. I would not recommend the next President of the United States engage in talks with Iran at the Presidential level. My views on this issue are entirely compatible with the views of my friend Senator John McCain. We do not agree on everything, but we do agree that any negotiations with Iran must be geared to reality."

Nuff said, Obama caught lying again.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:05 AM

1,958 posts, read 2,241,054 times
obama = KNOWN liar. See's dead people, was spawned because 1964 civil rights march and loves this country. Proven lies, all.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:19 AM

835 posts, read 1,195,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S65 View Post
The average voter has no clue who Kissinger is or what McCain was talking about in that regard so who cares?

Obama looked more presidential.

Obama sounded more presidential.

Obama displayed he had the temperament to be president.

John McCain looked and sounded tired, outdated and couldn't even look Obama in the eye! He seemed very intimidated.
No you mean the average liberal voter....the rest of us are educated.
I was not even born when Kissinger took office and yet most educated people learn about the Nobel peace prize winners. His work with communist regimes is unprecedented and brilliant.

Scarlet52698 it may do you some good to learn about Kissinger before you go around trying to defend something you know nothing about.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:03 AM

2,294 posts, read 5,595,063 times
Default Obama apparently not ready to kiss this evil freak's ass

http://www-cgsc.army.mil/carl/resources/csi/Bolger/IMAGES/103.JPG (broken link) Henry Kissinger

Ob
O, national security

Old 09-27-2008, 04:23 AM

2,659 posts, read 2,573,818 times
Quote:
Obama was right that Kissinger called for meetings without preconditions. McCain was right that Kissinger did not call for such meetings to be between the two presidents.
If you watched the debate closely, you should have noticed that Obama was not talking of the president, either. He said "of course not" when McCain brought up the president being in talks. He was speaking of lower level talks - but talks nonetheless.

He should have made that more clear, looks like.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:47 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,836,727 times
Personally, I can't think of a higher honor than to be repudiated by Henry Kissinger.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:19 AM

25,842 posts, read 39,055,622 times
I knew Kissinger wouldn't have said it and that will IMO played out as it should.....I don't even believe Obama won...it comes down to when the people are in the voting booth and not feeling pressured by the Dem. and what will they choose than?

IMO it is very bad that Obama lied about Kissinger, but most Dem. don't even know who Kissinger is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or