U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 08:24 AM

1,676 posts, read 5,345,385 times

Advertisements

You know what would really help this discussion? If eveyone identified who they support. It would shed light on each one's comments.

Bill Hitchcock
Registered Independent
Voting for McCain/Palin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 08:24 AM

7,922 posts, read 7,823,240 times
Wierd how Kissinger has gone back on his statement about negotiating when i saw him do it myself. Funny how someone can deny something that is recorded and a matter of fact.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:29 AM

4,172 posts, read 5,981,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Wierd how Kissinger has gone back on his statement about negotiating when i saw him do it myself. Funny how someone can deny something that is recorded and a matter of fact.
Well, you can't use a person's word against him

Old 09-27-2008, 08:34 AM

22,751 posts, read 16,193,724 times
From the Katie Couric interview:

"Palin was overlooking that Kissinger (with whom she met earlier this week) has backed negotiating directly with Iran over its nuclear program and other bilateral issues -- a point which Couric reconfirmed at the closer of her interview.

"Incidentally," said Couric, "we confirmed Henry Kissinger's position following our interview, he told us he supports talks if not with Ahmadinejad, than with high-level Iranian officials without preconditions.

When contacted by ABC News about the split in position with Kissinger, the McCain-Palin campaign had no immediate comment."

I believe Sen. Obama's characterization of Kissinger's position and I believe Katie Couric's account.
I am old enough to remember Kissinger's activities during the Viet Nam war, he lied then to support his 'handlers' and I have no doubt he'd lie now.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:39 AM

3,758 posts, read 7,658,275 times
How old is Kissinger now? 110?

Old 09-27-2008, 08:40 AM

41,314 posts, read 39,524,679 times
Quote:
But, you don't see obama's backpedaling on his comment in a debate that HE (as president) would meet with this guy. There is a difference between the president sitting down and low,med,hi-level officials - which we are doing anyway.

That's the difference and obama got his butt spanked for trying to distort Henry's position.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:40 AM

1,577 posts, read 2,383,988 times
Quote:
Kissinger did not have to step in then because Obama did not invoke Kissinger's name to supprt his incredibly foolish statement.
Bloomberg asked him what he thought because of Obama's statement during the primary debates. He made his position known and now is trying to change what he said. I know that you will never concede to that so we can agree to disagree.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:41 AM

13,180 posts, read 13,056,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
How old is Kissinger now? 110?
I was just thinking the same thing. He's 85.

McCain can't relate to anybody under 70 unless they're a lobbyist.

Old 09-27-2008, 08:44 AM

66,240 posts, read 30,169,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
This is what Katie Curic indicated after her discussion with Kissinger which indicates that he supported Obama's views. Maybe Kissing, at 84, is getting a little senile.
Deseret News | Kissinger backs direct U.S. talks with Iran
Again, where in that article does it say that the President should meet with Iran's leader without precondition? Do you Obama supporters even have any idea what you're talking about? It sure doesn't seem so. There's a world of difference between Obama's proposed Presidential meetings without precondition (YouTube debate - one of the statements Obama was trying to defend by invoking Kissinger in last night's debate) and SecState/High-Level Staff meetings with Iran's leader for negotiations.

Hillary got it right! Watch the contrast between Obmama's/Clinton's answers here. Clinton clearly shows how Obama's position on this is foolish and dangerous:

YouTube - Obama / Clinton on meeting anti-US leaders

Old 09-27-2008, 08:48 AM

13,180 posts, read 13,056,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Again, where in that article does it say that the President should meet with Iran's leader without precondition? Do you Obama supporters even have any idea what you're talking about? It sure doesn't seem so. There's a world of difference between Obama's proposed Presidential meetings without precondition (YouTube debate - one of the statements Obama was trying to defend by invoking Kissinger in last night's debate) and SecState/High-Level Staff meetings with Iran's leader for negotiations.

Hillary got it right! Watch the contrast between Obmama's/Clinton's answers here. Clinton clearly shows how Obama's position on this is foolish and dangerous:

YouTube - Obama / Clinton on meeting anti-US leaders

If you want to get right down to it. The President of Iran claims he was misquoted. He's said on numerous occasions since the years have past when he supposedly said it that, he wishes to live in peace with Israel

Only a Democrat would know this of course because they read newspapers and his US interview.

McCain's whole premise is a sham.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or