Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:27 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,318,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
McCain always said what they were doing was torture and argued with the administration constantly about it. The administration did not agree, but this was always McCain's posiiton.
I think that is the key, the definition is also in question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 11:28 PM

1,881 posts, read 2,684,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I guess you folks just don't "get it".

The Bush administration has claimed from day one that it DOES NOT torture prisoners, yet McCain just said we do. So which is it?
First you have to define what your torture is.

Second, this just proves that McCain is nothing like Bush and they DO NOT agree on much of anything.

So, when Obama paints McCain as Bush you just took away that argument from Obama and even the Pro Obama posters here.

Thanks for bringing that up.

So McCain is nothing like Bush and you just proved it.

Bush is not running this time, ok!!!

Old 09-26-2008, 11:31 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,190,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poogie777 View Post
No my dear, "you" don't get it. McCain is NOT Bush.
ok... duh

What don't I get, that Bush isn't McCain, and what the hell is that supposed to mean?

This administration has claimed repeatedly that it does not torture prisoners, McCain says we do. Again, which is it, do we or do we not torture prisoners?

If in fact McCain sees America's treatment of prisoners as torture and many Republicans and Democrats as well as the administration do not, then I have to wonder if the hawks support will evaporate to any degree. Not to mention this opens up a line of questioning by the press and the international community.

Regardless of what McCain supporters think, this statement has opened a can of worms the size of Texas and I'll bet you donuts for dollars you will see this in the coming days.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:33 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,042,999 times
This has NOTHING to do with McCain being like Bush or not!!! The point is that McCain acknowledged that the US was torturing prisoners - regardless of your definition of 'torture'. There has never been any acknowledgment by any high ranking US official that the US tortured any one before this statement.

Geez...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smd1998 View Post
First you have to define what your torture is.

Second, this just proves that McCain is nothing like Bush and they DO NOT agree on much of anything.

So, when Obama paints McCain as Bush you just took away that argument from Obama and even the Pro Obama posters here.

Thanks for bringing that up.

So McCain is nothing like Bush and you just proved it.

Bush is not running this time, ok!!!
Ease up with the straw man argument ok!!!!

I never said McCain was like Bush, in fact I was stating the obvious contradiction. I suggest you read what I wrote with a more critical eye before typing.

172 posts, read 298,473 times
IMHO...If one innocent American life is saved by torturing a prisoner...go for it...I'll help!

Old 09-26-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightofcenter View Post
This has NOTHING to do with McCain being like Bush or not!!! The point is that McCain acknowledged that the US was torturing prisoners - regardless of your definition of 'torture'. There has never been any acknowledgment by any high ranking US official that the US tortured any one before this statement.

Geez...
Thank you! someone "gets it"

Old 09-26-2008, 11:35 PM

365 posts, read 692,396 times
After McCain being tortured, you can be he is pretty livid against it!

Old 09-26-2008, 11:40 PM

3,127 posts, read 7,628,534 times
Personally if torturing some r*ghead terrorist to devulge whatever information he has, so we can save thousands and perhaps millions of American lives, LETS DO IT. I bet them bastards wouldnt think twice about torturing or even killing one or more of our servicemen. We need to go back to the "eye for an eye" mentallity, then maybe these FREAKS would'nt F*ck with US as much as they try to!

Old 09-26-2008, 11:42 PM

2,305 posts, read 3,042,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVTX72 View Post
Personally if torturing some r*ghead terrorist to devulge whatever information he has, so we can save thousands and perhaps millions of American lives, LETS DO IT. I bet them bastards wouldnt think twice about torturing or even killing one or more of our servicemen. We need to go back to the "eye for an eye" mentallity, then maybe these FREAKS would F*ck with US as much as they try to!
Calm down, I don't think this thread is asking for volunteers to torture people - it was just making a point. Limbaugh's site might have a sign up sheet - try there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections