U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 01:57 AM

3,087 posts, read 5,804,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
I agree. McBama didn't say anything we didn't already know. I think they both lost this debate.
lol @ this

as soon as you realized that McCain lost the debate you want to make it a lost for both of them

Obama looked at the camera, spoke about middle class America, spoke about healthcare, reached out to McCain and agreed on some points in a bipartisan effort, educated McCain on foreign policy (which supposedly McCain has the upper hand)

which debate were you watching?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 01:58 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,119,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
McCain Camp: Boredom Good News For Us

One observation on the debate from a number of people who aren't paid to watch these things: They changed the channel at some point. Whoever did better -- McCain in my inside-the-bubble take -- did so on points, and the campaign will move quickly back to the reality of an economic crisis.
Some creative spin on the mild snooziness of the affair:
"If people are bored, that plays to our benefit," said RNC spokesman Alex Conant, who explained that Obama fans -- "expecting to hear one of his rally speeches" -- would feel let down by his discursions into policy.

And no, I was not bored.
Yeah, because neither of them gave such sharp and powerful arguments for the questions.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:59 AM

14,383 posts, read 26,132,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I didn't ask you about Obama.

You didn't read my post, the whole two lines of it.

Here it is again for you, the pertinent part anyway:

Where in that do you see "Obama?"
Are those crickets I hear?

Old 09-27-2008, 02:02 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,119,243 times
Quote:
lol @ this

as soon as you realized that McCain lost the debate you want to make it a lost for both of them

Obama looked at the camera, spoke about middle class America, spoke about healthcare, reached out to McCain and agreed on some points in a bipartisan effort, educated McCain on foreign policy (which supposedly McCain has the upper hand)

Give me ONE example where you went "WOW, that WAS AMAZING" in Obama's arguments? Give me one thing he hasn't already said. He was NOT talking to "middle America" he was talking to "poor America" disguised as comments geared towards "middle America."

They both sucked big time.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:10 AM

795 posts, read 1,227,955 times
Quote:
lol @ this

I didn't expect anything from either of them because I don't plan on voting for either of them. I am only giving my unbiased opinion. Your partisan opinion really doesn't mean much to an independent mind.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:26 AM

4,964 posts, read 7,290,950 times
I think that anyone in these political debates, particulary at the national level or governor elections in states like NY, are losing, since.....
90 minutes with only 2 minutes to answer ?'s and all these rules, is too short.
I think 3 hour debate would be more appropriate and relaxing of these some of these rules.
Also, there should be 2 moderators, one "Sean Hannity" like one asking the Dem candidate questions and one "Keith Olberman" type asking the Republican questions.

Old 09-27-2008, 04:58 AM

3,508 posts, read 12,126,801 times
This is just one topic of the next few debates. Each debate will have a different one.
I'm neither Dem or Repub, but one thing I thought interesting about the debate was John McCain explained things. His knowledge and pronunciation of the places that were discussed was very educational to those that really don't understand where all the dots connect.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:24 AM

7,730 posts, read 12,680,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
I just thought it was so bland....I didn't learn anything new. In a sense, I think they both lost miserably at catching my attention. I dont think either will get a poll "bounce" from this debate. And the attacks werent as sharp as they have been in the past elections.
That's my take too. It was an awful debate. Had it not been for the beer and jaeger, I would have switched to a DVD within 30 minutes. I didn't pay any attention after the first 45 minutes. Lehrer didn't get them to debate each other too well either. I was hoping for more interaction.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:26 AM

7,730 posts, read 12,680,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocexpo View Post
Give me ONE example where you went "WOW, that WAS AMAZING" in Obama's arguments? Give me one thing he hasn't already said. He was NOT talking to "middle America" he was talking to "poor America" disguised as comments geared towards "middle America."

They both sucked big time.
You and I rarely agree on anything, but this is one I think we can agree on. Obama was talking to the poorest Americans. McCain was talking to those who want to fight terrorism everywhere. Neither changed any minds.

Old 09-27-2008, 09:30 AM

7,139 posts, read 13,146,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erma View Post
This is just one topic of the next few debates. Each debate will have a different one.
I'm neither Dem or Repub, but one thing I thought interesting about the debate was John McCain explained things. His knowledge and pronunciation of the places that were discussed was very educational to those that really don't understand where all the dots connect.

Agreed. McCain also able to put events into a timeline on the foreign policy issues, which I appreciated. His knowledge is obvious and experience invaluable. He needs to work on the visual presentation of himself. Something Obama has down cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or