U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 07:05 AM

474 posts, read 538,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Look, McCain has said that Sarah is imminently ready to step into the Presidency if need be.
So, of course we are shocked to see her perform in such a shoddy manner.
If I were a fundamentalist, like her, I would ask that witch hunting pastor to help me again.
She needn't have taken the offer of being VP.
Many refuse it.
That she did, means in some demented alternate universe she must think she's ready.
If she screwed up so bad in trying out for a clerical job I would feel sorry for her, but most of her mistakes would only affect her.
As VP she can make mistakes that affect all of our lives.
Why would we want someone so inept in that office?
We would have to be just as delusional as she and McCain - but in his case it could just be senility.
Well, it is clear you are an Obama fan, a man who after two terms in the Illinois Senate where he voted "present" over 120 times, ran for the Congress and from the first day he arrived in Washington, decided to campaign for the Presidency.
And yes, check it out, on www.opensecrets.org, Obama is the top recipient of funds from Goldman Sachs, Securities and Investment firms, lobbyists, in fact of the top fiften spenders (lobbyists) Obama was top recipient 38 per cent of the time. See his financial disclosure report where his salary went from $400,000 in 2004 to $4.2 million in 2007. Read his book, "Dreams from my father." His father was a radical muslim as was his step father as well. Read what he says about the "whites." "I would never advertise my mother's race."
Now about senility. What about Joe Biden who still thinks Franklin Delano Roosevelt went on "TELEVISION' to talk about the depression? Television in 1929-30? Joe Biden cited action in the mid-east that never occurred. Respectfully, he has had two brain surgeries dealing with aneursyms and appears to have lost some of his memory.
McCain had his arms, fingers, legs broken time and time again, defending America while a prisoner of war. So he moves around akwardly. And why did the debate promoters give the candidates stools to sit on when they knew McCain's war injuries would make it difficult for him to be comfortable?
We know we can trust John McCain with America.
Obama's recent fund raising on behalf of Odinga of Kenya is alarming. Reportedly, Obama spoke to Iraqi officials and told them to hold off on any further military action until he became President.
I am sure you watched his Berlin speech where called upon "world citizens" to help change the world. Promise me this. You will watch "52 seconds with Obama." Just type it in on your favorite engine site i.e. Yahoo, Goodle or Dogpile. If you don't run for the toilet, I'll be surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 07:38 AM

570 posts, read 1,396,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post
Funny....this is exactly what can be said of Bush's election "victory".
Yes you are right! Their was so much Democrat voter fraud Bush almost lost.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:34 AM

2,275 posts, read 5,668,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
Yes you are right! Their was so much Democrat voter fraud Bush almost lost.
Oh please. Both posts you made are out of touch with reality.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:38 AM

890 posts, read 2,565,789 times
Unfortunately, it's the Democrats who have been more associated with voter fraud throughout political history. Oh, and by the way, after the 2000 election, the votes were all re-counted/investigated by the folks from the msm, who were in the tank for Gore, and they concluded the Supreme Court decision was the correct one, and Bush had won the election. But there again is an example of hysterical liberals - the rational truth doesn't matter, if things don't go their way, then they obssess about nefarious plots and conspiracies.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:46 AM

2,275 posts, read 5,668,341 times
For the record, I was never one of those who cried foul at the 2000 election. I'm addressing the lengths people are going to spread nasty lies and propaganda, instead of focusing on the issues.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:55 AM

474 posts, read 538,327 times
Regarding the Palin issue. Why is it important for the press to jump, big time, on the indiscretions by her husband and not the indiscretions of Michele Obama whose hospital/employer was the recipient of a generous amendment in the Federal budget, placed there by her husband Obama?
How many of you watched Lew Farrakhan say last night that Obama is the Messiah and they will concentrate on our youth? Doesn't that send chills down your spine. In our state the other day, the highly popular DJ spoke with a supervisor of a juvenile program in which the juveniles ( records of misbehavior) are given military style uniforms, taught step moves, with clenched fists for emphasis, to the tune of " Because of Obama, I will become a teacher." Because of Obama, I will become an engineeer." et cetera. Repetively over and over again. Doesn't that scare you? Maybe you weren't alive when Hitler mobilized the youth of Germany against their own parents. I was in High school then. It happened. And it all began with a young politicialn a hand salute and subjugation of the people. If Achorn is allowed to control the voting system of this country on behalf of Obama, it is all over, we will never be able to get rid of him and his ilk. Wake up America, the Bill Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, Tony Rezko and Lew Farrakhan are Obama's advisors. That is the kind of administration we can expenct. Birds of a feather. I was in public office for a very long time( retired and glad to be out of the fray) and every once in a while, my spouse would do something that I knew nothing about. He was just plain protective of me and I had to speak to him about it many times. Thankfully, the electorate understood and disregarded his actions. The first dude of Alaska is guilty of loving his wife and his family a little too much. But Palin herself did not break any laws. What about Biden's son acting as a lobbyist? What did his father know about his requests and when did he know it and how many times did he make a call on behalf of his lobbyist son? What about Bill Clinton,,,didn't he speak out of turn this past year? I was a Hillary fan and would have liked Bill to keep his mouth shut but understood how partners of public officials get over excited at times. When we die, God will only ask of us what we as individuals have done. He won't be asking about our spouses or relatives. The press and some of you want more than God Wants of us. This election is about the direction you want this country to move. Left or Right. Democracy or One Party Rule. Talk about separation of church and state what do you think radical Muslim is? All those people who are not Muslim are considered infidels and it is o.k. by them if infidels die. We are the infidels. Don't you get it? Bombings have occured all over the globe. Terrorism is a world wide war on all those who do not believe in radical Muslim doctrine? What is Obama's doctrine any way? Bush, supposedly, according to the press, doctrine is we have a right to strike premptively if we think we are in danger . What is Obama's? That we have no right to do so?????????

Last edited by Friendly blogger; 10-11-2008 at 09:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or