U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 12:03 AM

2,275 posts, read 5,669,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
Well, you all should be happy then! Ecstatic even. Palin is as dumb as a barbell! So she'll make McCain look bad and he'll lose to The One Who Has Three Names. Start celebrating!!!! Go snort some coke (or was he smoking crack?) like your messiah did in his glorious community organizing days. Hmmm...I wonder what else he did during that time? Or might be still doing, you know, on the down-low.
Another distortion of the facts. He admitted to doing it in high school, not later in life.

Besides, this reeks of pot/kettle. Remember, your current President had drug and alcohol issues.

And, to clarify - Obama is not my messiah. He's not my first choice for the Democratic candidate. I have no party affiliation. However, I know that to put McCain and Palin in office would be disastrous for our country, and only continue the pain the Bush and his ilk have gotten us into.

Regarding the "One Who Has Three Names" - WTF is that about? He has a middle name. So does McCain. Those against Obama (notice I don't stoop to name-calling to describe a group of supporters) just loooove to trot out his middle name, as if it makes him a terrorist or something. Get. Real.

You know who else has a middle name? McCain. Quick - without looking it up, what is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 12:15 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,348,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post
You know who else has a middle name? McCain. Quick - without looking it up, what is it?
Hmm, hmmm, 'Adulterer', no? How about 'he who is married to narcotic stealing drug addict', no, too many words? How about 'C**t'? No, that's his little nickname for his wife. Ok, I quit, what is it?

Old 09-28-2008, 02:26 AM

1,965 posts, read 2,424,671 times
Quote:
Okay, Obamatrons, I'll repeat this because I know you are so programmed to hate that you cannot understand reason.
You've just lost all credibility with this statement. Obamatrons? Heh. It'd do you some good to learn that blatant hypocrisy does not a convincing argument make.

Quote:
When they do TV interviews, they film hours and hours of footage, so they can have a lot of material to choose from in order to create a riveting, watchable show. In several hours of film, there is bound to be moments of stupidity, silliness, or incoherence.
Sorry...you're just incorrect. My husband just so happens to be a television producer. He's sitting right here, explaining to me why what you wrote is bull****. Sometimes, if a pre-taped interview is set to fill a 5-minute spot (such as the Couric/Palin interview), the interviewer may ask 15-20 questions and only air a dozen or so of the most important questions/answers that fill the designated time slot. Alternatively, the producers may be able to air the entire length of the actual interview, if all questions asked will fit into the desinated time slot. With an interview as high-profile as a VP candidate, it is most likely that the actual interview was shown in it's entirety, and nothing was cut.

However, television interviews NEVER last "hours and hours" as you claimed. Not even close. Do you honestly think that VP candidates (or Presidential candidates, for that matter) have that much time on their hands, that they are able to set aside "hours and hours" for tv interviews? Honestly? My husband also just mentioned that if Palin (or anyone else, for that matter) allowed an interview to last "hours and hours" she/they have a horrible media rep.

If your girl came across as "stupid, silly, or incoherent," it's because SHE IS, and not because of any effort on CBS's part. Any news outfit worth a damn, if lucky enough to get an exclusive interview with a VP candidate, is certainly going to air the entire thing.

Get a clue.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:43 AM

2,779 posts, read 6,806,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
I don't care what anyone says, I want to see a drug test.

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/afp/20080925/capt.cps.nry86.250908214616.photo00.photo.default-512x341.jpg?x=400&y=266&q=85&sig=8CNA0c_n8J.VSM2Rp 0e4oQ-- (broken link)

Old 09-28-2008, 10:22 AM

442 posts, read 717,543 times
So this is Palin's deprecating, colossal mistake? She gave a bad interview?

I rather judge people on what they've done and what they say when they are speaking their minds, not trying to parse a flaky reporter's questions.

How can people believe that a person like Obama who has done nothing important in the past will somehow do great things in the future?...
Because he comes across well on TV? How sad.

Palin and McCain have engaged in real fights and tackled real issues. You can always leave it to the cultural elites to judge a person by their diction and TV presence.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:25 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,348,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperIncumbent View Post
So this is Palin's deprecating, colossal mistake? She gave a bad interview?

I rather judge people on what they've done and what they say when they are speaking their minds not trying to parse a flaky reporter's questions.

How can people believe that a person like Obama who has done nothing important in the past will some how do great things in the future?...
Because he comes across well on TV? How sad.

Palin and McCain have engaged in real fights and tackled real issues. Don't judge a person by their diction and TV presence.
How about we judge them on their knowledge, ethics, judgement and honesty?

Old 09-28-2008, 10:25 AM
LML

7,110 posts, read 8,116,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totallyfrazzled View Post
Every time I watch or read that, my reaction is always the same: "Good grief, it's George Bush in a skirt."
LOL. Me too.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:35 AM

570 posts, read 1,396,872 times
Yes! I agree!

But watch now as the Democrats send their opratives into Alaska in an effort
to dig up any kind of dirt on her that they can find.
And if they fail to find anything, they'll make something up and the New
York Times will print it as fact.
Sarah in a bathing suit? Oh! How scandalous! She must be a Hussy! A loose
woman.
But Barney Frank running a male prostitution ring from his basement? Oh,
wait. That is his own business, right? No scandal there.
And Sarah's pregnant daughter? Fair Game according to the Press. But stifle
the photos of Chelsea Clinton puking her guts up from a car door after a
night of boozing.

And did Palin have an "affair" years back? She didn't but the Press alluded
to such. But Bill Clinton's open and hundreds of tawdry affairs were touted
as being 'personal' and had nothing to do with how he performed in office.

The hypocrisy goes on and on and it is no wonder that Mainstream America no
longer believes the Press or the likes of NBC or CBS. It is understandable
that Fox News is now the most watched news media in these United States.

I will say this. I was not especially enamored with McCain, but I DO like
the fresh honesty that Palin brings to the table. She has fortitude, and
while she doesn't have all the rote answers down to suit the likes of Katie
Couric or Matt Lauer, she is honest. I don't expect her to have all the
'right' answers. And I do not hold it against her for being unwilling to
talk with the openly hostile Press. She doesn't have to dance to their tune.
She doesn't owe them squat.

What this boils down to is that Governor Palin could well be the reason that
McCain might win this election. And the Dems are ****ting bricks because
they have nobody to present that is as appealing as Gov. Palin. She is very
popular with Mainstream America and could easily become our first female
President.
I can live with that. Better her than Hillary.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:38 AM

442 posts, read 717,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
Yes! I agree!

But watch now as the Democrats send their opratives into Alaska in an effort
to dig up any kind of dirt on her that they can find.
And if they fail to find anything, they'll make something up and the New
York Times will print it as fact.
Sarah in a bathing suit? Oh! How scandalous! She must be a Hussy! A loose
woman.
But Barney Frank running a male prostitution ring from his basement? Oh,
wait. That is his own business, right? No scandal there.
And Sarah's pregnant daughter? Fair Game according to the Press. But stifle
the photos of Chelsea Clinton puking her guts up from a car door after a
night of boozing.

And did Palin have an "affair" years back? She didn't but the Press alluded
to such. But Bill Clinton's open and hundreds of tawdry affairs were touted
as being 'personal' and had nothing to do with how he performed in office.

The hypocrisy goes on and on and it is no wonder that Mainstream America no
longer believes the Press or the likes of NBC or CBS. It is understandable
that Fox News is now the most watched news media in these United States.

I will say this. I was not especially enamored with McCain, but I DO like
the fresh honesty that Palin brings to the table. She has fortitude, and
while she doesn't have all the rote answers down to suit the likes of Katie
Couric or Matt Lauer, she is honest. I don't expect her to have all the
'right' answers. And I do not hold it against her for being unwilling to
talk with the openly hostile Press. She doesn't have to dance to their tune.
She doesn't owe them squat.

What this boils down to is that Governor Palin could well be the reason that
McCain might win this election. And the Dems are ****ting bricks because
they have nobody to present that is as appealing as Gov. Palin. She is very
popular with Mainstream America and could easily become our first female
President.
I can live with that. Better her than Hillary.
A-men!

Old 09-28-2008, 12:22 PM

890 posts, read 2,566,451 times
Well said, adysmom! You brought up just some of the hypocrisies of the left. To be honest, I wasn't crazy about Palin as the VP pick. I thought it was gimmicky, and would have prefered someone who could actually help McCain on the campaign trail, rather than someone who needs so much help and individual attention. But when I saw the visceral response from the left; the absolute hatred that they couldn't hide, I changed my mind.

Politico, your hubby's a TV producer?! Wow, you're a gen-u-wine Hollywood limousine liberal - the kind my mama warned me about! Can I have your autograph?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or