U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 06:39 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,673,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
Now, if it were me, I would have looked straight into Couric's wrinkly, old cougar face, and said, "so, I hear you like 'em young and well-hung.
So that's why women don't talk to me anymore. I got old....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 08:00 PM

87,035 posts, read 102,723,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adysmom View Post
Yes! I agree!

But watch now as the Democrats send their opratives into Alaska in an effort
to dig up any kind of dirt on her that they can find.
And if they fail to find anything, they'll make something up and the New
York Times will print it as fact.
Sarah in a bathing suit? Oh! How scandalous! She must be a Hussy! A loose
woman.

Where did you hear that? I saw a picture of her in a flag bikini carrying a rifle, that was proven to be a fake. Nothing more.

But Barney Frank running a male prostitution ring from his basement? Oh,
wait. That is his own business, right? No scandal there.

Well, I don't recall the details of that, so I can't comment.

And Sarah's pregnant daughter? Fair Game according to the Press. But stifle
the photos of Chelsea Clinton puking her guts up from a car door after a
night of boozing.

Actually, Barack Obama himself said families were off limints, which was in addition to being the right thing, a brilliant statement politically, b/c now Sarah can't use her kids as props like she did at the convention. I didn't hear this stuff about Chelsea Clinton, b/c I don't follow that stuff too much, but if you heard about it, it obviously got out.

And did Palin have an "affair" years back? She didn't but the Press alluded
to such. But Bill Clinton's open and hundreds of tawdry affairs were touted
as being 'personal' and had nothing to do with how he performed in office.

The press gave Clinton a very hard time about his affairs. Ever watch SNL back then? And he was almost impeached over his lying.

The hypocrisy goes on and on and it is no wonder that Mainstream America no longer believes the Press or the likes of NBC or CBS. It is understandable
that Fox News is now the most watched news media in these United States.

I will say this. I was not especially enamored with McCain, but I DO like
the fresh honesty that Palin brings to the table. She has fortitude, and
while she doesn't have all the rote answers down to suit the likes of Katie
Couric or Matt Lauer, she is honest. I don't expect her to have all the
'right' answers. And I do not hold it against her for being unwilling to
talk with the openly hostile Press. She doesn't have to dance to their tune.
She doesn't owe them squat.

What this boils down to is that Governor Palin could well be the reason that
McCain might win this election. And the Dems are ****ting bricks because
they have nobody to present that is as appealing as Gov. Palin. She is very
popular with Mainstream America and could easily become our first female
President.
I can live with that. Better her than Hillary.
Sarah Palin is not ready to play with the big kids and she is an embarrassment to the Republican Party and a laughingstock to the entire world.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:32 PM

2,275 posts, read 5,674,431 times
Quote:
All of this talk about how idiotic Palin is - she's empty-headed, incoherent, inept, a brainless beauty queen who only knows the recipe for moose stew. And all because she is a Christian conservative. That's it, and nothing else.
Wrong.

1. Because she lacks the intelligence and the ability to lead this nation in the all-too-possible event that something happens to McCain, and she becomes President.

2. Because she wants to legislate her religious beliefs. I couldn't care less if she's Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Mormon, Buddhist, Wiccan or whatever. It's up to her what she wants to believe. I have a problem with it when she wants to make her beliefs the foundation for law.

3. Because she has a history of corruption, and acting as if she is above the law.

These are all very valid reasons why I'm not voting for her. She's not being persecuted; she's being subjected to the scrutiny that anyone running for office should have to endure.

Quote:
The talking heads on Fox and conservative talk radio have it right when they say that her accomplishments as a woman are negated by the left because she hasn't emerged from a militant feminist background, a la HRC. Her inexperience or lack of political polish is secondary. You just don't like what she stands for.
No, I don't like what she stands for. I wouldn't like what she stands for no matter what her gender. If she had a penis, I would feel the same way. Judgment of her accomplishments, and her behavior, should be based on her as a human being - NOT as a woman.

Quote:
You have chastised me for name-calling, but have you read your posts, and the vitriolic language you have used to describe this woman's character, intellect, family life, etc.?
I have chastised you for the name-calling and nasty remarks directed at the people who disagree with your choice. A political candidate's character, intellect and family life are always going to be under scrutiny. It's how we determine our candidate of choice. However, just because someone chooses a different candidate than you does not give you the right to hurl insults and personal attacks at them. There is a difference - and this type of polarization is what is dividing our nation. Instead of respecting the right of others to disagree with you, you choose to vilify them for it. That is simply not acceptable.

Last edited by Claire_F; 09-28-2008 at 08:45 PM..

Old 09-28-2008, 08:38 PM

171 posts, read 236,889 times
Quote:
This woman has been beat up so badly by the msm that abuse charges should be filed! I wonder what will happen on Thursday? A debate is not like the chin wags she's been having with the likes of Katie, Sean, and Charlie. Here's hoping that they are more intrinsically fair.

.. witches are immun ....

YouTube - Palin Witchcraft

Old 09-28-2008, 08:38 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,352,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post
I have chastised you for the name-calling and nasty remarks directed at the people who disagree with your choice. A political candidate's character, intellect and family life are always going to be under scrutiny. It's how we determine our candidate of choice. However, just because someone chooses a different candidate than you does not give you the right to hurl insults and personal attacks at them. There is a difference - and this type of polarization is what is dividing our nation. Instead of respecting the right of others to disagree with you, you choose to vilify them for it. That is simply not acceptable.
Kudos!!

Old 09-28-2008, 09:36 PM

890 posts, read 2,568,798 times
Have you read any of the other threads on this political forum lately? No one is insulting anyone - that's the way we speak to each other come election time. It's a rite of passage. it's not personal, it's just politics! The insults fly when you are defending your candidate of choice. If we were all nice and polite, it would make for a pretty dull forum. I bet if I ripped Obama to shreds, which I could easily do, you'd be defending him by insulting me and my intelligence, political accumen, etc. In fact, you had already posted such things about me before I ever said a negative word about any of you. You immediately began attacking me in a vicious manner, the same manner in which you love to chew on poor Sarah. That's because liberals are overly emotional/borderline hysterical, naive, intolerant, and irrational. That's a generalization, so don't get bent out of shape.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:48 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,579,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Sarah Palin is not ready to play with the big kids and she is an embarrassment to the Republican Party and a laughingstock to the entire world.
"""embarrassment to the Republican Party and a laughingstock to the entire world""""

So was George Bush! ..............and brain dead Americans made him president twice....do ya think they got any smarter over the last 8 years?????

Old 09-28-2008, 09:51 PM

87,035 posts, read 102,723,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""embarrassment to the Republican Party and a laughingstock to the entire world""""

So was George Bush! ..............and brain dead Americans made him president twice....do ya think they got any smarter over the last 8 years?????
Hopefully!

Old 09-28-2008, 09:53 PM
S65

92 posts, read 69,026 times
Quote:
This woman has been beat up so badly by the msm that abuse charges should be filed! I wonder what will happen on Thursday? A debate is not like the chin wags she's been having with the likes of Katie, Sean, and Charlie. Here's hoping that they are more intrinsically fair.

Much has been made about her sometimes incoherent ramblings, and obvious lack of knowledge, but if you read transcripts of the interviews rather than watch them, she makes more sense. A lot of it is nervousness - she probably can count on one hand all the times she gave tv interviews while Governor of Alaska. She obviously gets stuck on what she wants to say, and just repeats herself too much. Big deal. I'm sure in one-on-one conversations she's fine.

Now, if it were me, I would have looked straight into Couric's wrinkly, old cougar face, and said, "so, I hear you like 'em young and well-hung. I'm glad my boy Trak's out servicing his country in Iraq, and I gotta remember to keep Bristol's studly fiancee away from you,Katie!" and then I would have winked and laughed!
What???! I mean, who wouldn't like to do that to pinch-faced Couric?

And what about Loco Joe Biden? Palin might not be the only one making a faux pas on thursday night. Sure, he's been around Washington, and he'll probably throw his weight around, and talk endlessly about all the important committes he's on. But he's a strange, unpredictable man, and kind of an idiot, too. Only the media doesn't report that. They only report mistakes made by women who wear glasses from Alaska. Didn't Biden say something totally wrong about FDR going on TV at the start of the Great Depression? (of course, no tv then, and it was Hoover who was pres at the start of it). Hardly heard a word about it. But because Palin repeats a few of her words while trying to formulate her next thought, they act like she's a brainless bimbo. Hey, since when is it pc for Dems/libs to insinuate that a woman is not too bright when discussing politics? I thought that was forever off-limits?
What the hell did I just read?

Geez, no wonder you like Sarah Palin! You both speak the same language!!

Old 09-28-2008, 09:56 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,579,656 times
Quote:
Here it is, right here on this forum - evidence of the culture wars that divide our nation. All of this talk about how idiotic Palin is - she's empty-headed, incoherent, inept, a brainless beauty queen who only knows the recipe for moose stew. And all because she is a Christian conservative. That's it, and nothing else. The talking heads on Fox and conservative talk radio have it right when they say that her accomplishments as a woman are negated by the left because she hasn't emerged from a militant feminist background, a la HRC. Her inexperience or lack of political polish is secondary. You just don't like what she stands for. You have chastised me for name-calling, but have you read your posts, and the vitriolic language you have used to describe this woman's character, intellect, family life, etc.?

Fortunately, she represents something called the Silent Majority. Most of you might be too young to remember that phrse coined by Richard Nixon's campaign when it looked like a conservative Republican couldn't possibly win the election in '68 in the midst of so much social unrest and anti-war sentiment in this country. He correctly prophesized that he would carry the day with votes from the quiet, hard-working, God-fearing people who were turned off by the in-your-face tactics of the left. So depsite your loudspeaker, bumper sticker politics, the Silent Majority will again come through for John McCain and the GOP.
Sara? Is that you????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or