Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 09:58 PM

163 posts, read 237,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire_F View Post
I have chastised you for the name-calling and nasty remarks directed at the people who disagree with your choice. A political candidate's character, intellect and family life are always going to be under scrutiny. It's how we determine our candidate of choice. However, just because someone chooses a different candidate than you does not give you the right to hurl insults and personal attacks at them. There is a difference - and this type of polarization is what is dividing our nation. Instead of respecting the right of others to disagree with you, you choose to vilify them for it. That is simply not acceptable.
Bravo!!!
Wish all of us could participate in the grt exercise that is the American elections with respect to all involved.... Ohhhh well I still I have faith
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2008, 09:58 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,614,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
"so, I hear you like 'em young and well-hung. I'm glad my boy Trak's out servicing his country in Iraq, and I gotta remember to keep Bristol's studly fiancee away from you,Katie!" and then I would have winked and laughed!
Should this have turned me on?

Old 09-28-2008, 10:05 PM

163 posts, read 237,446 times
Default I feel sorry for you

Quote:
Have you read any of the other threads on this political forum lately? No one is insulting anyone - that's the way we speak to each other come election time. It's a rite of passage. it's not personal, it's just politics! The insults fly when you are defending your candidate of choice. If we were all nice and polite, it would make for a pretty dull forum.
I am sure you can do better than be like others who spawn posion, I have faith in you. Come on give it a try, its lot more pleasant

Last edited by vsaksena; 09-28-2008 at 10:16 PM..

Old 09-28-2008, 11:16 PM

914 posts, read 2,919,423 times
Default liberals and Obamatrons: admit you're WRONG!!!

Re-read my first post. It does not attack or say anything nasty about anyone other than the msm, Katie Couric, and the liberal viewpoint IN GENERAL. Are you Katie's sister? Her best friend? Her new boy toy? Well then, shaddup!

The fact is that I did not do what you say I did...but then, isn't that what liberals always do? The little white lies, the exaggeration, the near-hyperventilating hysteria as they engage in character assasination.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Re-read my first post. It does not attack or say anything nasty about anyone other than the msm, Katie Couric, and the liberal viewpoint IN GENERAL. Are you Katie's sister? Her best friend? Her new boy toy? Well then, shaddup!

The fact is that I did not do what you say I did...but then, isn't that what liberals always do? The little white lies, the exaggeration, the near-hyperventilating hysteria as they engage in character assasination.
Well, I 'm sure glad YOU don't

Old 09-29-2008, 05:21 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Lets see her debate Matt Gonzales... that would be interesting. actual substance. Not like she wont stand there and ramble saying nothing.. after all the topic isnt hockey.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:25 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,348 times
Quote:
Have you read any of the other threads on this political forum lately? No one is insulting anyone - that's the way we speak to each other come election time. It's a rite of passage. it's not personal, it's just politics! The insults fly when you are defending your candidate of choice. If we were all nice and polite, it would make for a pretty dull forum. I bet if I ripped Obama to shreds, which I could easily do, you'd be defending him by insulting me and my intelligence, political accumen, etc. In fact, you had already posted such things about me before I ever said a negative word about any of you. You immediately began attacking me in a vicious manner, the same manner in which you love to chew on poor Sarah. That's because liberals are overly emotional/borderline hysterical, naive, intolerant, and irrational. That's a generalization, so don't get bent out of shape.
Yes, I have - and it's equally as disgusting. When you insult someone for their beliefs, it is indeed personal. This should be about discussing candidates - not insulting each other. Besides, "no personal attacks" is right up there in the TOS.

For the record, as I've stated before, I'm not a huge Obama fan. I have never defended him by insulting anyone's intelligence, political acumen, or any of the things you've said. I've not attacked you viciously - I've merely asked you to stop insulting others who disagree with you.

Then, of course, you go on to AGAIN insult a group of people who disagree with you by calling them names. It's pot and kettle all over again - and you just don't see that.

Quote:

Again with the nastiness. Can you not conduct and intelligent conversation about politics without resulting to insults?

Not that it matters, I'm neither a liberal nor a conservative. I'm a moderate - and one who's sick of the nastiness from BOTH sides. We should be discussing the candidates, not each other. I simply don't understand why you insist on being so nasty.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:07 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:

who and what is left?

Old 09-29-2008, 06:12 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
who and what is left?
looking4home has a real hatred for Couric, don't know why. When looking4home's posts anything about Couric I can almost see spittal flying from it's mouth as it types. You should check it out, scary stuff.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:17 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperIncumbent View Post
So this is Palin's deprecating, colossal mistake? She gave a bad interview?

I rather judge people on what they've done and what they say when they are speaking their minds, not trying to parse a flaky reporter's questions.

How can people believe that a person like Obama who has done nothing important in the past will somehow do great things in the future?...
Because he comes across well on TV? How sad.

Palin and McCain have engaged in real fights and tackled real issues. You can always leave it to the cultural elites to judge a person by their diction and TV presence.
What in the hamfat has Sarah Palin done? Protected our northern tier from marauding Russian moose?

Just asking.

- Cultural Elitist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections