U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-27-2008, 02:26 AM
 
890 posts, read 2,561,544 times
Reputation: 574

Advertisements

This woman has been beat up so badly by the msm that abuse charges should be filed! I wonder what will happen on Thursday? A debate is not like the chin wags she's been having with the likes of Katie, Sean, and Charlie. Here's hoping that they are more intrinsically fair.

Much has been made about her sometimes incoherent ramblings, and obvious lack of knowledge, but if you read transcripts of the interviews rather than watch them, she makes more sense. A lot of it is nervousness - she probably can count on one hand all the times she gave tv interviews while Governor of Alaska. She obviously gets stuck on what she wants to say, and just repeats herself too much. Big deal. I'm sure in one-on-one conversations she's fine.

Now, if it were me, I would have looked straight into Couric's wrinkly, old cougar face, and said, "so, I hear you like 'em young and well-hung. I'm glad my boy Trak's out servicing his country in Iraq, and I gotta remember to keep Bristol's studly fiancee away from you,Katie!" and then I would have winked and laughed!
What???! I mean, who wouldn't like to do that to pinch-faced Couric?

And what about Loco Joe Biden? Palin might not be the only one making a faux pas on thursday night. Sure, he's been around Washington, and he'll probably throw his weight around, and talk endlessly about all the important committes he's on. But he's a strange, unpredictable man, and kind of an idiot, too. Only the media doesn't report that. They only report mistakes made by women who wear glasses from Alaska. Didn't Biden say something totally wrong about FDR going on TV at the start of the Great Depression? (of course, no tv then, and it was Hoover who was pres at the start of it). Hardly heard a word about it. But because Palin repeats a few of her words while trying to formulate her next thought, they act like she's a brainless bimbo. Hey, since when is it pc for Dems/libs to insinuate that a woman is not too bright when discussing politics? I thought that was forever off-limits?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-27-2008, 02:42 AM
 
Location: Shallow alcove hidden from the telescreen
2,818 posts, read 9,909,514 times
Reputation: 1472
The world's powerful places and political offices do not need any more extremist fundamentalists who don't understand the world, screwing things up. Nuff said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 07:51 AM
 
1,019 posts, read 1,201,474 times
Reputation: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8 View Post
The world's powerful places and political offices do not need any more extremist fundamentalists who don't understand the world, screwing things up. Nuff said.
Well said! These fundies truly believe that the end of time will happen in their lifetime. Problem is they want to take the rest of us with them. Should we let another extreme fundamentalist near the button? How is their line of thinking really that different from the Taliban?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 08:02 AM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,411 posts, read 16,432,965 times
Reputation: 8772
Look, McCain has said that Sarah is imminently ready to step into the Presidency if need be.
So, of course we are shocked to see her perform in such a shoddy manner.
If I were a fundamentalist, like her, I would ask that witch hunting pastor to help me again.
She needn't have taken the offer of being VP.
Many refuse it.
That she did, means in some demented alternate universe she must think she's ready.
If she screwed up so bad in trying out for a clerical job I would feel sorry for her, but most of her mistakes would only affect her.
As VP she can make mistakes that affect all of our lives.
Why would we want someone so inept in that office?
We would have to be just as delusional as she and McCain - but in his case it could just be senility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Socialist Republik of Amerika
6,212 posts, read 11,647,309 times
Reputation: 1101
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
Well said! These fundies truly believe that the end of time will happen in their lifetime. Problem is they want to take the rest of us with them. Should we let another extreme fundamentalist near the button? How is their line of thinking really that different from the Taliban?
Christians and Taliban seen as the same? please...

Haven't seen any Christians killing women for going to school, not covering themselves, divorce, fornication... etc...

Sure some believe that the woes will come in their time, but they surely don't wish to help usher it in.

freedom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 08:14 AM
 
21,044 posts, read 19,524,510 times
Reputation: 5930
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
This woman has been beat up so badly by the msm that abuse charges should be filed! I wonder what will happen on Thursday? A debate is not like the chin wags she's been having with the likes of Katie, Sean, and Charlie. Here's hoping that they are more intrinsically fair.

Much has been made about her sometimes incoherent ramblings, and obvious lack of knowledge, but if you read transcripts of the interviews rather than watch them, she makes more sense. A lot of it is nervousness - she probably can count on one hand all the times she gave tv interviews while Governor of Alaska. She obviously gets stuck on what she wants to say, and just repeats herself too much. Big deal. I'm sure in one-on-one conversations she's fine.

Now, if it were me, I would have looked straight into Couric's wrinkly, old cougar face, and said, "so, I hear you like 'em young and well-hung. I'm glad my boy Trak's out servicing his country in Iraq, and I gotta remember to keep Bristol's studly fiancee away from you,Katie!" and then I would have winked and laughed!
What???! I mean, who wouldn't like to do that to pinch-faced Couric?

And what about Loco Joe Biden? Palin might not be the only one making a faux pas on thursday night. Sure, he's been around Washington, and he'll probably throw his weight around, and talk endlessly about all the important committes he's on. But he's a strange, unpredictable man, and kind of an idiot, too. Only the media doesn't report that. They only report mistakes made by women who wear glasses from Alaska. Didn't Biden say something totally wrong about FDR going on TV at the start of the Great Depression? (of course, no tv then, and it was Hoover who was pres at the start of it). Hardly heard a word about it. But because Palin repeats a few of her words while trying to formulate her next thought, they act like she's a brainless bimbo. Hey, since when is it pc for Dems/libs to insinuate that a woman is not too bright when discussing politics? I thought that was forever off-limits?
So Couric's looks count??? No wonder you like Palin, if a woman's good looking you are shallow enough to vote for her




Biden.


If you think Biden's flubs haven't been broadcast to the high heavens then you are BLIND and DEAF.

For Gawd's sake, his reputation is well known.

Yes, Joe Biden talks..talks a LOT, that's why I like him! Most of the stuff he says I agree with!




Anyone who talks as much as Biden will surely say something dumb sometimes.


It is so much better than


Palin, who seldom talks and it's ALWAYS stupid!

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 09-27-2008 at 08:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 08:26 AM
 
Location: Hangin' with the bears.
3,811 posts, read 4,342,261 times
Reputation: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
but if you read transcripts of the interviews rather than watch them, she makes more sense.
Here ya go. Make sense of this, please. Oh and I want to know why the heck we're allowing Putin to invade our air space!! That's an act of war!!
Quote:
COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?
PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We-- we do-- it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where-- where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is-- from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to-- to our state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 08:54 AM
 
Location: NY
1,416 posts, read 5,015,847 times
Reputation: 590
Quote:
PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We-- we do-- it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where-- where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is-- from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to-- to our state.
Every time I watch or read that, my reaction is always the same: "Good grief, it's George Bush in a skirt."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 09:00 AM
 
3,255 posts, read 4,577,913 times
Reputation: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Here ya go. Make sense of this, please. Oh and I want to know why the heck we're allowing Putin to invade our air space!! That's an act of war!!
What does the original quote mean? I am not sure at all. If it makes more sense when you read it, can someone explain it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2008, 09:14 AM
 
Location: Central Maine
4,687 posts, read 5,522,075 times
Reputation: 4966
Quote:
Originally Posted by totallyfrazzled View Post
Every time I watch or read that, my reaction is always the same: "Good grief, it's George Bush in a skirt."
Many thanks for a good belly laugh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:45 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top