U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 05:51 AM

2,008 posts, read 5,222,188 times

Advertisements

One thing from the debate that struck a chord with me is that I saw McCain as being a bigger war monger than I thought he was. And while I feel like he has a grasp on foreign policy, he really scares the heck out of me. I really don't want another war mongering president. After the debate, it became apparent to me, that McCain is another dangerous man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 06:01 AM

683 posts, read 2,392,503 times
Old Man McCain shakes his fist and shouts, "Get off my lawn!"

Old 09-27-2008, 06:02 AM

795 posts, read 1,228,657 times
Obama dropping bombs on a nuclear armed country does not make him a peace loving man. He doesn't care how many civilians die or if we go to war as long as he can say he got Osama. He is cold hearted.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:17 AM

1,491 posts, read 2,025,105 times
It seemed to me that McCain just hasn't gotten over the Vietnam war...and that he is seeing the war in Iraq as a way to "get back" at American society for saying "enough is enough" back then. It is NOT dishonorable to leave Iraq, it was dishonorable to start a war based on lies in the first place.

I liked Senator Obama's comment that no matter where an American soldier fights, s/he never dies in vain because they are carrying out the orders of their commander in chief.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:19 AM

1,491 posts, read 2,025,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
Obama dropping bombs on a nuclear armed country does not make him a peace loving man. He doesn't care how many civilians die or if we go to war as long as he can say he got Osama. He is cold hearted.

Senator Obama said that if Osama bin Laden was finally in the sights of the military, and if he was in Pakistan and that government wouldn't do anything to take him out, then YES, the US would go in and capture him...and kill him.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:29 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,229,332 times
How can you call McCain a warmonger when Obama himself says he will continue the war on terror? Makes no sense.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:39 AM

30,824 posts, read 31,654,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majordomo View Post
When the heck did Obama say he was going to do this? You must have watched a different debate than I did.

Old 09-27-2008, 06:50 AM

8,287 posts, read 11,801,649 times
McCain looks like he has PTSD issues, he obviously was PO'ed last night the way he talked down to Obama.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:16 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,960,070 times
Did any of you actually listen to the debate?

Obama said he wants to expand the war in Afghanistan by sending more troops.

Obama said he would pursue Al-Qaeda in Paksitan without their permission just like George Bush has done. Pakistan is a nuclear power and pretty unstable at times. I cringe when I hear we've crossed the border without the proper agreements in place.

Apparently, Obama is only against wars that are not his idea.

Old 09-27-2008, 07:27 AM

795 posts, read 1,228,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
When the heck did Obama say he was going to do this? You must have watched a different debate than I did.

This wasn't in the debate. It is something Obama said a long time ago but it stuck with me.

"If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will," - Obama

Tough talk on Pakistan from Obama | U.S. | Reuters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections